League of [Epic] Heroes coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lazypeon, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    interesting... thanks for the replies!

2. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Small bonus for iOS 4.x users. I decided to implement the 'race' saving suggestion (picking a class will remember your last picked race for that class). In doing so, I realized a bug on iOS 4 where it wasn't properly saving your preferences on a hard exit.

I did some research and found that the issue had to do with drawing to the screen while backgrounded. To fix it, I just added 'multitasking' so that the application will now do the 'quick restore' if you come back to it after exiting!

Just testing out a few more things and then I'll probably submit it.

3. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

After nearly 8 months of development, it's finally in Apple's hands :)

Big thanks to all the testers who helped make the game into the much more polished product that we have today. Between the bug reports, crash logs, and feature requests reported by testers, it's amazing how far the game has come in the past 2 weeks. I could not have done it without you guys! As a developer, it's hard to test your own stuff -- it's easy to become blind when you know how things are 'supposed' to work. You guys caught stuff that I'd overlooked for months, and the final product is better because of it.

NewEnglandGamer, Zghying, LouisAlor, Epox, Jack333, Ying123, Astakov, Arash541,LordGek, Sk47z, Ryan Orlando, Dennis ‘Qurao’ Knudsen, Brian Krummerich, Slaysme, Balu, Joey87, Nick "Nicodemus82" Manfre, FPEssolano
    Ncbf, and K76.

As for me, I'll probably take a break, actually play some games, then get back to work on the first update. Can't wait for you guys to get a chance to play it!

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Congrats on the submisson! :)
    It was really fun testing the game, I'm sure others will enjoy the game too. :>

5. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Congrats on the upcoming release! Ive enjoyed playing the beta and helping out where I could. Let me know if you need help testing any future updates.

6. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    Congrats! I hope this becomes a bestseller sooner rather than later.

7. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Salutations, congratulations and all that good stuff. It's been a pleasure helping out, and I can't wait to see the final product on the App Store, what you'll do with updates, and what you'll work on next.

Out of curiosity, you did get my email stating that I'm not from the US, and as such probably can't use the promo codes, right?

8. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

#188 lazypeon, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

League of Epic Heroes

THE LEAGUE IS RECRUITING!
    Embark on a quest to raid dungeons full of monsters, shrines and most importantly, EPIC LO…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE LEAGUE IS RECRUITING!
    Embark on a quest to raid dungeons full of monsters, shrines and most importantly, EPIC LOOT!

League of Epic Heroes is based on a hit 2010 RPG/puzzle indie game.

##################################
    UPDATE: We're currently ranked at 9th in RPG and 36th in Puzzle We thank you for your support and hope you are looking forward to the first FREE content update, which started development today!
    ####################################

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO JOIN THE LEAGUE?
    Select one of 12 unlockable heroes, each with different class abilities, and equip them with the loot from your journey.

Jump right in and play through a dungeon in 10 minutes, or play for several hours to unlock new loot, new dungeons, new monsters, and new heroes!

FEATURES
    - Raid the dungeons with 12 distinct character classes, each with unique abilities and playstyles. Classes include Assassins, Hunters, Warlocks, Death Knights, Chieftains, Blood Magi and more!

- Watch as each class comes to life with unique character portraits drawn by well-known artist Javier 'Java' Burgos

- Battle hordes of monsters including dragons, void beasts, and succubi in your quest to defeat the dungeon bosses!

- Limitless replayability! Each dungeon layout is randomly generated -- no two dungeons are alike!

- Dozens of [epic] items to unlock, each one with unique stats and graphics

- Designed for quick on-the-go gaming with the ability to continue games and streamlined interface

- Game Center Leaderboards: compete for the top score for each of the 12 classes

- Play your own iTunes songs in the background

- iOS 4.0 multi-tasking support -- return to your game right away after a call or interruption

- FREE content updates that will add Game Center Achievements, new spells, new items, new dungeons, new classes, and more!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Role Playing
    Release:Nov 22, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

? huh?

Link is leading me into nowhere.

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Congrats on the release! :)

11. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I really like the game so far!
    It's very hard to beat a dungeon without the right runes (not just hacknslay) which is good. The poison rune is my favorite right now. I really like the fact that i can keep the loot i find for my next character.

I also like the charming pixelgraphics. Only the text is a little hard to read and the menu and icon would look better in highres.

really really cool, fun and challenging game

12. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Congrats!!!

13. coralium

coralium Active Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Student
  14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I will refer you to LazyPeon's original post of this game:

And will just add that this is a great game, a different game, and aren't all games "clones" of something else anyways? Too many developers are not as open and admit it though and somehow because LP was upfront right away about this he gets reamed?

15. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    you're right