Leaf Bound 1.1 - Promo Giveaway Contest! (Re-Open)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by designxtek, Aug 5, 2009.

1. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Submitted:

2Fly TA

2. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Got some work to do :)
    Dumb flying monkey thing keep destorying me lol

3. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    yeah he's a pain.

2 things i would change:

shake the phone for a 1/2 second block move. this would give more strategy to fighting bosses without being able to just constantly block.

add a time bonus to the end of level bonuses. right now you can just keep falling down until you are gradually forced to complete level, thereby getting a higher score than if you progressed quickly. a time bonus would even this out.

liking the game, more of a 'real game' than doodle jump, to me.

(jesus i just hit my laptop's spacebar twice to get a period, hahahahahahaha)

4. designxtek

designxtek Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    3D Artist / Technical Artist / Web Developer
    San Diego, CA
    We are working on a new Arcade mode which will end the game if you fall down/miss the last leaf towards the bottom of the screen. This mode will be endless so you can keep on going. "Survival mode" basically. This will be introduced in 1.2 of our next update along with Level 9 + Super Monkey Boss. :D

5. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    that sounds really kool, when will it be out?

6. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I'm in the competition (NDRE TA), but it seems I'm not good enough... anyway, just killed the damned ghost monkey! :D

7. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    We should have it submitted to Apple sometime this weekend. We need to throw in a few power up items before submitting.

So far our version 1.2 has:

Combo hits: Hitting enemies sequentially will give you 200pts, 300pts, 400pts, 500pts. We reworked the score and the score popup label so its more visible and prominent as you get sequential combos.

Arcade Mode: New arcade mode will be endless game play. Unlimited level. Each level has different enemies and the higher the level you choose the more monkey mayhem there will be! Game Over when you miss the last leaf towards the bottom of the screen. New camera follow will be adjusted accordinly to this game play.

Level 9: Super Monkey - We have a high rise / apartment like building background with monkeys coming down with umbrellas throwing TNT bombs at you. Battle the super monkey in campaign mode as he is super powerful and throws huge coconuts, bananas and rocket ships at you!

8. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    SCORE SUBMITTED... RHENZHEN TA - This game is fun and very addicting... Can i get A code now please... LOL! joke! I hope, I'll be in top 15 to win a code...(I hope, it'll pay off for cancelling my meeting)... LOL! THANKS!

9. Man that's an awesome update coming out soon :)

Come on T.A er's buy this game now,it's only $0.99/59p and look at what you are getting.We need devs like this participating on here and it shows the love for there game and we all should support the ones who participate on here and listen to ideas and then we should buy there game/s as long as they are as good as Leaf Bound ;)

10. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    LOL I hope your meeting wasn't important. :D

Don't forget to PM me your handle guys! I am copying n pasting the names from the thread but having it in my inbox makes it easier for me. I don't want to leave any names out on accident.

Thanks!

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Accidentally stick my name in there please :D

12. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Did you submit your score yet? PM me the name you used in the scoreboard. Thanks! :D

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #53 MidianGTX, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    Ah snap, you know what... I forgot to put TA after my name. It's just up as MidianGTX. I'll try again though, I wanna beat my score anyway.

Edit: I'm joint 15th as well, typical.

14. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    that video looked awesome so theirs no need for me to download the lite version. Ill just go ahead and buy the full version and give you guys something for the hard work ;)

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #55 MidianGTX, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    Yeah to be honest the first time I saw this game I ignored it because of the similarities to DoodleJump, but having played it so much trying to get a good score I've realized... this owns DoodleJump in just about every possible way!

Even if I don't win a code I'll be picking this up, it's getting addicting now.

Edit: Damn, I just realized how long away midnight Pacific time is. It's 2:25am where I am so I won't be around to improve my score if it gets beaten :/

16. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    i sent mine to you earlier, darchinst TA. i'm in 10th right now so i may make it...

That update sounds great. the combos will be awesome as will the survival mode. If I don't win a code i'll be buying it.

and yeah, with survival mode plus the other modes, there's no reason to have doodle jump. good job devs

17. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Just a reminder it is US promo codes. So if you have a US iTunes store account you are fine :D

To everyone else thanks for the comments! We are working hard to make this game "the game to own" :)

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah that's fine, I wouldn't bother coming here if I didn't have a US account considering how many promos I find on this place :D

19. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    3 hours left before this contest ends! I will be tallying up the top 15 touch arcade member submitted scores at midnight (in 3 hours) and I'll start shooting the promos out to the winners.

20. designxtek

Apr 30, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Anddd we have the results!

*DRUM ROLL*

The following TA members have made it in the top 15 score battle between each other:

PureSkill
    cjsbug
    double00asian
    RagerX
    JCik68
    kqjrjkrawr
    rhenzhen
    weewaww
    MidianGTX
    wmcwmc
    Ktcf11
    darchinst
    Cougarcat
    sam the lion
    Psyuper

You guys will be receiving your promo codes shortly! :D

For those who didn't make it thanks for your effort! If I get a lot of responses to reopen the contest again I may just do it.

Please leave a rating/review for the Lite version and the full version after you have experienced it. We need some stars! :D

If you feel I made an error in the scores please PM me and I'll have it investigated. Thanks again everyone!