Universal Le Parker: Sous Chef Extraordinaire (By Play Pretend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 2, 2016.

1. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Picked this up on the Christmas sale, can't do the blurry sides. Gives me a headache, not bitching as it's personal preference. I can't be the only one, just wanted to provide feedback for the dev. and if possible a option for no blur would be a great.

2. intrepid

intrepid Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Look forward to an update that makes it easier. The enemy that throws things would be nice if it only took 1 hit instead of 2 (I've seen a trailer where it only needed 1). It's way too difficult so also not easy to recommend to friends. Haven't gotten past level 6. Hope there's an easy mode implemented. I imagine most will never get far in the game otherwise. Great game though, sound a graphics.

3. playpretend

playpretend Active Member

#83 playpretend, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Appreciate the comments. That is actually one of the changes we made in the update, among a lot of other things (e.g., collecting 50 macarons gives you a heart bonus now, some portions of levels were also simplified). The build is currently under Apple review, so it should be live very soon.

Thanks, and hope you enjoy the update.

4. playpretend

We are happy to announce our new update is now available on the app store!

Compatibility: The game is now playable on iOS 9. :cool:

Challenge: The game is still tough as hell, but it is now less painful. Game over screens have been shortened so you can hop back in quicker. Certain early levels have been balanced for less challenge and we've thinned some enemy coverage. Speaking of enemies, a couple now require single stomps as opposed to double stomps (tree guys for instance).

Bonuses: Additionally, collecting fifty macarons now give Parker a heart bonus throughout the game.

Thanks guys and as always, let us know for any bugs or comments on the game.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I don't mind the brutal side :)
    Something about this game I have loved from day one of playing it
    I have played tons of platformers on mobile and this one is easily one of the best of the best of them
    Off the top I like the graphics controls
    Level designs all of it is ace to me
    Keep up the good work and I will my eye on this co in the future

6. playpretend

Psyched to hear that Dailon80! We are considering a mode for the hardest core fans that lets them opt into higher difficulty. Also, just a heads up we are working on some fun add-on gameplay additions. Thanks for the support!

7. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Option for no side blur?

8. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hurrah! Thank you for accommodating the iOS 9 dinosaurs. You will get at least one more sale, I promise!

9. intrepid

intrepid Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Thank you so much. Updated and I'm still terrible at the game, but that's to be expected. Nice that it's a little easier so I'll try to get further. Tree guy will always be a menace. There seems to be no benefit to killing enemies so I'll just try to run past them.

Thanks for the quicker restart, much better, and it could be improved further by allowing a tap of the screen to skip to the level select screen, but a huge improvement on seeing the main screen. Thanks for making the improvements.

10. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I'm waiting for Le Parker to download as I type. Everything about it, commentary and reception wise reminds me of Lost Socks. If there's a second flawless platform gaming experience that was so difficult that the developer had to dial it back under public pressure, it's got to be on my phone.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still playing and appreciate the difficulty.
    Going onupdate and keep it going

12. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    If another update ever becomes necessary, one small thing that I would appreciate is having one's options' settings remembered after you exit the game. The only one I ever change is hiding the GUI - I prefer a lack of onscreen buttons. Not a big deal clicking the option each session, but every little detail adds to the whole. This is a favorite game of mine for sure.

13. playpretend

Fortunately, we aren't ones to release a game and then forget about it - we will regularly be making updates. The next update is already in progress and this is something we definitely can include in the next release. Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

14. playpretend

Hello! Just letting you all know that version 1.2 is available now. This is an intermediate update that fixes a regression from the previous build that broke teleporters in the City levels. Also, some time attack times were tweaked because they were unattainable. There are some other minor fixes and improvements as well.

This is also in the update :)

We'd also like to let you know that we are already working on the next update, which will be a major one that will include a new playable character. Stay tuned, and thanks for the continued support!

15. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    #95 KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Put game down about month ago (before the update that made it a touch easier). Picked back up this week and think it is now close to perfect. Love this game. Hard as hell, but so rewarding.

I don't go to next level until I get all macaroons. I am closing in on the end. 4-6 current level. I stopped looking for every secret item and trying for speed reward... may go back to the ones I didn't get for those at some point. But for now, just trying to get all macaroons and finish game.

I did figure out one little "trick" as you get to the later, harder levels.... a way to start a level with as many lives as you want. Takes some grinding, but there is a fairly easy and not too long way to do it. Not sure it was intentional or if I lucked upon it. But, whatever, I'll take all the help I can get in this one!

16. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

Mar 12, 2013
    Saved the princess...

Have 3 speed runs left to complete (4-5, 4-6, 4-7)
    Have 1 macaroons left to complete (4-7)
    Have 1 secret item to find/complete (4-8... although i know where it is; just need to redo level having gotten it)

I will not quit!

Top 5 platformer/game all time. Easily. The precision is off the charts.

17. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

Mar 12, 2013
    Done.

All macaroons.
    All hidden items.
    All time trials.

Loved every moment of this game.

18. playpretend

That's great! Very glad you enjoyed it, and very impressed you perfected it. We're still at work on a big update where you can play as the princess, among other things. Will keep you all updated. Thanks again for your kind words!

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    No update? Sad news. Has this incredibly talented and passionate Dev given up and moved on from his baby? I hope not, because that would possibly mean that things didn’t really work out as planned. Which sucks because this game for me is a success on so many levels. Not perfect but yet still a beautiful, charming, and challenging platformer that carries with it a strong nostalgic experience of playing video games as a kid. I hope I’m wrong. I hope all is well. I hate to see such passion and dedication and creative talent unappreciated and by that I mean that a game like this be overlooked and not make any money.

Anyway, Not sure if you’re still active but you are I wish the best and you continue with your life’s dream because you’re pretty good at it and I look forward to any of your future games. Hopefully an update of this game or a sequel or something completely new

20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Maybe, this is the first temporary free event since its release.

There are still some errors, but it is a fairly decent game. :D