Universal Le Parker: Sous Chef Extraordinaire (By Play Pretend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #21 Oats, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Tried the first two levels; and this game has very beautiful pixels. But the left and right controls are too close together.
    My big thumb keeps hitting the wrong direction. I went into the options and tried playing with it, but it only gives me the option of moving the small circle containing left and right movement. It doesn't give me the option to expand the circle giving me a wider range to control Le Parker.
    I thought I saw mfi controller support, so I will try my nimbus when I get home to see if that changes the gameplay for the better ##

Edit: ok, that little movement circle is quite deceiving! I just went back and played with it a little more in the option screen and set it about 1/3 inwards towards the center. When I went back to play I noticed that if I pressed outside the circle the movement was still registering #
    I was originally trying to contain my big thumb within that tiny circle and it was frustrating!
    @game dev - can you please show the true reach of left an right on an update down the road so as not to confuse your gamers? Much obliged!

2. KeepingDirtClean

Oct 26, 2016
    Played the first few levels. "A lush Phantom Cat" as a previous commenter said is a good description of the aesthetic. It's beautiful to look at and the controls are unbelievably tight. Proper accurate platforming on touch screen. Clearly made by someone who cares. Hope it sells a shit load.

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    so i collect all macaroons in level 1 but i redo a level to try and get the time attack score so i rushed and didn't collect all macaroons and when i finish it the 3 achievements (time, macaron, secret) the macaroon goes back to being blank. ok? and the time attack i finish the level in 1:20 and still doesn't light up. how fast do i have to be?

4. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Nice, I just wish it worked on ios 11.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is super beautiful, charming, with great controls and quite challenging. Definitely one of the better platformers recently released. My heart belongs to Eggggg at the moment, but the whole cook theme is lovely. Also really like all the visual effects and the soundtrack.

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    loool. +1

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Absolutely love this game. I know it's supposed to be tough, but wish it was a tad more forgiving.

8. playpretend

playpretend Active Member

Thanks for all the interest and support guys! This is our first release, so it means a lot to hear from everyone. Looking forward to hearing from people further along too! Just a quick update:

Glad you figured it out! We have iterated on this a lot and decided to include options for both a small contextual d-pad and it's removal altogether. We understand how it could be helpful to resize, and we can certainly look into adding the feature.

Regarding the erasure of some achievements - thank you for reporting this, and apologies! This is actually a regression that somehow slipped through to release. This is a rare bug and the good news is we’ve already fixed this on our end and will be released in an update this week. As for the speed run time, it should tell you how far off you are (for example, +0:44). Unfortunately, you need to be much faster for that one!

Regarding iOS 10 - Full transparency, we made the decision because of device compatibility reasons. We actually have already been exploring ways to reduce the requirement, so this may be a possibility in a future release.

Thanks!

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Just played the first stage and can tell this game will definitely be one that I'll be playing forever.
    Multiple challenges on every level and a perfect platformer that looks amazing .

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yay! I will hold off for now. It may not make that much difference to you guys, but you will certainly make some holdouts happy! Best of luck to you.

11. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Am I missing something here ?? Why is this game good?? Bought it and have been playing it.... everything feels clunky. Controls and mechanics in the game are not tight. Enemies on the ground are WAY too small. A simple jump on the head to kill them all the sudden turns into a grand maneuver. The mechanics of the game make it feel tedious rather than a fun challenge. Maybe it will grow on me but I'm a little disappointed. Looks great, sounds great... gameplay just ok :\

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is one of my favorite platformers in the past month.
    Very challenging to a point when u want to give up sometimes but then you keep trying and boom , you beat what you were stuck on and progress.
    Love this type of game . Highly recommend

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    You summed this up perfectly. Just as I'm about to give up, it all clicks and I make it through. I've accepted the fact that I'm not getting all the macaroons and will hopefully be able to get on second play through

14. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I wish I could return the game and get my money back #

15. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Same here. I actually got the time and the secret one on the first level and they both disappear repeatedly

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Would you guys ever consider increasing the number of hits you can take before dying or more hearts in the level?

The good thing is that this is definitely not a game you can breeze through (for me at least) so will be able to play/enjoy for a while. Only on level 6 and don't have any of the acheivements on the last 2 levels haha.

Congrats again and hope you see lots of success for this gem.

17. thetrackt

thetrackt Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Lol!

18. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Yay! MFi and Apple TV support! Amazing!

19. playpretend

playpretend Active Member

Hi, this fix is being uploaded to Apple later today. Apologies for any inconvenience, and thanks for download.

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #40 ColeDaddy, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    This may not be a popular opinion but I'm going to say it anyway: Playpretend, can you make an "easier" level that allows more than two hits to die? Or, add power ups to assist gameplay? I've been stuck on Level 1-3 for several days and the "two-hits = death" is driving me nuts despite the added replay for the number of shirts.

Another suggestion, have more check points throughout each level.

Lastly, how does one accomplish the timer challenge each level? When I replay the level focused solely on time, any macaroons I passed in order to get a good time are decremented from my previous score. This is counter to the time-record aspects in found in other platformers.