iPad Laze

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295247279&mt=8

I bought this last night and I can't stop playing it. It's a unique concept for a game. The geometry it uses seems pretty accurate (though the dev claims it's not mathematically perfect). The laser even has to move through prisms, which can throw a wrench in what you would assume to be an easy solution.

Some of the puzzles are bit easy and the solution can found by accident, but a lot of them are really hard. There're 500 "mazes" right now.

I would definitely recommend it.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    at first just by the name and pic i thought it was a copy of lumen. It looks pretty cool though, i think ill wait to check it out. I think the dev should give the graphics a boost.

3. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California
    does it save state, as in remember your position?

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Internet connection required?

Is an internet connection required or are the mazes stored locally within the app itself? Thanks!

5. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I just bought this,

NOT COMPATIBLE with the first gen Ipod touch

i would assume it is just the metadata error

going to contact the developer

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    All the questions!!!:eek:

The mazes are stored locally and it remembers your last position if you quit the game. I assume that includes phone calls, but I haven't had a call during the game yet.

7. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    A little questioning is good for the soul...

Thanks for the quick response. I also originally thought it looked like a copy of lumen. I'll have to check this one out.

8. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I would check it out if it was 1st Gen Ipod touch compatible... it says in the description that it isn't... but hopefully the dev can change it...

9. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I don't really understand this game. Isn't it all sort of trial and error?

arn

10. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    yeah seriously what is up with this? i need to get a 2nd gen one soon, just so that i wouldn't care if this happens...

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It seems that way in the easier levels. You can find a solution completely by accident. The tougher ones require planning. You'd have to get really lucky for trial and error to work in the harder levels.

All of the reflections and refractions are calculated, so it isn't random.

So far I like it. That could always change. I'm on level 35 now and I'm stuck.

12. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    I bought it.

I have to agree. All you do is adjust the laser, re-adjust the laser, and bingo you've got the angle figured out by try and error, actually, just by moving the angles..!

What's the point here? I don't find it that interesting to play.
    Am I missing something here?

Bill. ;)

13. mek

mek Well-Known Member

talked with the developer,
    he fixed the Compatibility issue

tis a good challenge game

14. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Yeah it seems like this game would get reduced down to trial and error tactics (at least for me it would). But, I think its a cool, original idea, so props to the dev on that :)

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #15 NotYou, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
    I actually thought it was the other way around. Trial and error works in the beginning, but not so much when it gets difficult. A lot of the hard levels don't have many reflectors at all, which make you think.

I still like this game. Then again, I also like Sprocket, which most people seem to hate. I'd put this game and Sprocket in the same category. They both appeal to me in the same way.

I wouldn't expect either one to get very popular, though.

16. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Nice! I think I'll pick this up pretty soon then... seems like a cool idea...

17. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Arise from the grave my loyal minion!

*ahem*

I just discovered Laze this morning because I noticed the update to version 1.2 on Appshopper *waves at Arn*. I gotta agree with some of the other folks here in saying that I love this so far. I've finished about a third of the challenge puzzles (they are starting to get a lot tougher) and to me the joy is not in simply completing a puzzle, but in doing so in the most elegant way possible. I really think this adds a kind of addictive quality to it, so much so that I just emailed the developer and suggested that the game provided you with info about what the shortest possible beam is that completes a given level, and perhaps have medals of some sort for hitting target solutions.

18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I noticed this Laze dropped to a buck this morning. It's been consuming me over the last few days, and I'm working my way through the challenge puzzles, some of which are really tough. While Laze may not be for everyone, I'm glad I bought it at double the price.

19. voldemort

voldemort Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    this is an old one, i saw it long time ago