Universal Layton's Mystery Journey (by Level-5 Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 20, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh it's online so you need a browser to do it regardless. You just use the app to put in your ID/link your account to get any free goods you win. The puzzles in there are most likely harder than the game's puzzles but they vary in difficulty and people give you hints in the Twitter feed that's shown on the puzzle page if you are stuck.

And anyone else who wants to do the fun and interactive Real World Puzzles can use this link!

https://layton.world/top.html

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #82 rIcHrAnDoM, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    An interesting side note about that site, I just went there using this link, it says my device, iPhone 7+, doesn't meet the requirements. Thanks for that info though. It does give the option to proceed anyway.

So logic puzzle games aren't specifically my forté, however, all the positive feedback here and the incredible production value I've seen in gameplay videos has swayed me to go ahead and pick this up. I'm glad they went with this purchase model. If I really am taken with the initial purchase, then I pay another $15 for extra content. Great deal!

3. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
  4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    How many of you bought all the IAP? How much is it do they have a full bundle for the Iap?

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    + 1 on the IAP. All IAP with game is around $40. Wish they would just have a complete game.

6. Klonis

Klonis Active Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I want to port all Professor Layton games on iOS!Capcom did a great job with Ace Attorney series on App Store!!!

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    bought all the IAP don't regret a penny the two bundles are 14.99 and 7.99 which comes to 23$

8. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Capcom own the Ace Attorney IP, but it's Level-5 that own Layton, and who are doing a great job of bringing us these games. They also did the AA vs. Layton crossover.

9. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Availability

I've ask level-5 directly on the games facebook page, if they can provide list of availability by coutries and why the hack it is not in all EU stores. No answer.

Out of curiosity.
    EU - 28 countries
    Availability

Yes
    Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Netherland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK

No
    Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech republic, Hrvatska, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Slovakia

Am I right?
    How the hack they choose, which one will get it. Lottery?
    Will bomb them with same question on monday again and we will see.
    It's like stepin' few years back. O my gosh!
    Hope, they will fix this mistake pretty soon. Fingers crossed.

I can't say I am disappointed...just pissed off. Eraseing Ni No Kuni 2 from my "highly anticipated" wishlist for now. :)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Couple of scenarios:

1) No iOS gamer is realistically going to pay $40 upfront. Sad but true. With a $16 pricetag more people are going to be willing to take a chance.
    2) Giving pirates a $40 complete experience for free? Not the greatest idea. I know IAP can be messed with when you're jailbroken, but at least this way it's more of a hassle.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This^^^

Piracy is a reality. These guys did their homework. Plus, being completely new to the series, MC is correct; I wouldn't have paid the $40 up front. However now that I'm playing with the initial $16 price point (and loving the game) I'll easily shell out for the IAP.

Fantastic game btw!

12. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin

simple.
    Apple doesn't allow to make it available for some Countries. I am having the same issue when I release games for Apple.
    There are 10-20 countries we're it's disabled.. and that's the same for Android.

13. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Sorry buddy, it's too vague to accept this. Neither me nor other developers I 've met got this problem in EU. Well I didn't see this approach in years...
    I am trying to figure out, what's the key behind this. Sort of Laytons mystery on it's own... :)
    Problem is, that no matter how you look at it, there is no clue. Thats what totally hit me. We have probably most vague rules in EU...for anything. Past years, world wide releases never missed my country. Totally weird!

14. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If they really want pirates to not play they simply need to make it iOS 10 and up.

Hassle for those who like iOS 9, but since iOS 10 isnt jailbroken yet it makes it much harder for pirates.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Google search: iOS 10 Jailbreak... 50 million results...

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Wish there was an option to switch between English and Japanese voice acting

17. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    #97 imdakine1, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Confirming.. this is not online only right? I've got a flight Monday and Wednesday and was going to play this and My Switch Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Also I see the IAP as $7.99 and $14.99 and a bunch at $1.99. Does the combined bundles cover all IAP or not?

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Finally able to pick it up and this is a total gem
    Only other Layton game I have played is curious village on DS this one is even better in my opinion
    Love the way it feels on mobile as well
    I do not like puzzle games for most part and that's what is weird about Layton to me is that I love the puzzles
    Usually I can't get into a puzzle game this one I can't put down
    I think it's down to the overall charm of the game itself and the story factor and detective angle
    This is easily worth the price and knowing what I know about it now I would pay $30 if it had cost that and over time I plan on getting the IAP costumes

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes, the 2 bundles will have you covered.

20. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    When I add up the IAP outside the bundle I think they equal $16 (rounding up for 1.99 each) vs $7.99 and $14.99 which equals $23 rounding up.

Please advise. What am I missing?