Universal Layer - simple is hard (by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 15, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So far it's almost the same thing except for Layer you need to end up on a certain spot. From what I played in Huerons which was more than this game, Huerons has more mechanics. Things might change a bunch once I start the next pack.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I do see a new mechanic near the end of the easy pack.
    Also I noticed that on the main screen it says classic mode. I don't know if that means that there are other modes.

3. Mudit Jaju

Mudit Jaju Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Programmer
    India
    Hey coolpepper43 thanks for the love! It feels even more special when you are remembered for your game in a different context.
    In any case, I personally met the developers at a game conference and we really loved each others work! I would say even though being the same core mechanic they spiced it up in their own personal ways and hence made it a lot different from huerons.
    So in short I would say if you loved Huerons you will surely love Layers as well :)

4. Hi guys,

The original version of Layer was released as Koutack on the Flash web portals back in 2013, a long time before Heurons. The 2 devs met in a game conference and had a very cool & friendly discussion about the 2 games.

@coolpepper43 - the devs are looking into this bug right now. We'll work on fixing it asap.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Gamenauts,

Can you answer the question in my previous post about the move count tracking and optimal solution? The Zen mode in Heurons has a move counter and goal move number that supposedly represents the number of moves used in the optimal solution for each level.

6. There's no move counter in this game. There's 2 ways to win a level - one by simply stacking everything and the other by stacking plus capturing a star.

7. Marshall618

Marshall618 New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 3, 2013
    Does no one else here remember that this is the same studio that ripped off Vlambeer with "Ninja Fishing?" Save your money and use it to support a more ethical dev.

8. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Well, this is also the same studio that more recently published King's League, so it would be a mistake to write them off so quickly IMO.

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #29 y2kmp3, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    What about optimal solution? Even if the game currently does not have a move counter, do you know internally if there is an optimal solution for each level (that is, the most efficient solution)? It is a common goal for puzzles of such type.

10. Generally speaking, the optimal solution for a level is the one that gets you the star.

About the undo, we'll chat with the devs about that.

Thanks!

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #31 y2kmp3, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Can you explicitly confirm that all levels are solvable with the star (that is, there is no bugged level in the current version that makes it unsolvable)? Want to make sure that this is true.

Also, can you explain why there are 2 stars in Level 20 in Excitement Pack? Are there more levels in the game such as this with 2 stars? In these cases, is it ALWAYS TRUE that solutions exist for BOTH stars? Or is one of the stars just a red herring? Or is this a bug?

12. ricolemba

ricolemba New Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Game Designer and Programmer
    Indonesia
    Hi, I'm Rico the game designer and coder of Layer
    I have answered this question via email but I'll also answer on this thread since this issue might confuse some players.

So I checked the level editor last night and I can confirm that there's 2 stars in level 20 in Excitement pack, every level is not supposed to have multiple stars so it's definitely a bug, sorry about this! ( the level is still solvable though)
    We're going to recheck all the levels again to make sure this won't happen in the future :)

Thanks!

13. Mama1986

Mama1986 Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Layer

I got all stars on all level. I have gotten all achievements except Master of Layer. How do you get this achievement? I have all stars on all levels! Is there a secret bonus level I am missing? Not sure how to get any more stars! Any suggestions?

14. AngelVerde

AngelVerde New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Breaking my mind

Solve all layer levels with star but level 21 in threat. It is possible?

15. StuckOnLevel21

Sep 24, 2015
    I have the same problem. I got the star on every level except for number 21 of "threat".

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the star on that level?

16. StuckOnLevel21

Sep 24, 2015
    Is it possible to get a star on puzzle 21 of threat?

I've earned a star on every puzzle of every level except for puzzle 21 of threat. I have cleared the puzzle in several different ways, but the star has eluded me. Gamenauts, would you please confirm that it is possible to get the star?

Thank you.

17. gener76

gener76 New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Layers, Threat Level 21 can be solved

I was convinced that I had tried every possible sequence of moves. But I hadn't. The solution is deceptively simple.

18. StuckOnLevel21

Sep 24, 2015
    Clearing Level 21 is simple. It can be done several ways. The question is whether it is possible to get the star.

19. StuckOnLevel21

Sep 24, 2015
    Yay! You were right!! I managed to clear level 21 of Threat and get the star. Thank you for letting me know that it was not impossible.

Unfortunately, even though I've received a star on every level of every group, the game is not granting me the Master of Layer "achievement" recognition.

Has anyone received the Master of Layer recognition?

20. StuckOnLevel21

Sep 24, 2015
    So something very strange has just happened. The little yellow banner, the one that indicates that you've earned a star on a level, has disappeared from my Level 21 of Threat.

Now, instead of the summary saying 30/30, it only shows 29/30.

Has that happened to anyone else?