iPad Lawn Darts review (free right now)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 25, 2008.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I almost bought this game when it was released then the price started flip-flopping so I stayed away.

Right now it is free and I have found that I enjoy this title. It offers more of a fantastical approach than a simulative one. You can play as alien and human afficianados of the fine(albeit illegal in real life) yard darts. You can choose fire darts, splitters, and even nuclear darts. On the last level/arena you play on the moon with low gravity even.

For a free play this is definately a casual pleaser, yet offers strategy elements as well. Since it is not an ad supported game the dev will certainly be raising the price after the sale so I will suggest .99$ worth of content.:D

2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #2 salsamd, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    For your reference comparison

For reference:

iDarts: $0.99; full 3D; good graphics

Darts: Free until WIFI update; full 3D; excellent graphics; developer video

iDart: looks 2D, simple $2.99

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I also have iDarts and Darts, iDarts being my favorite of this genre. I forgot to mention the graphics of Lawn Darts is 3D rendering.

4. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Lawn Darts on the Moon!

Lawn Darts is incredibly fun IMO, and I think everyone should grab it while its still free! BTW, the Moon level is really hard! There are Torcher, Splitter, Laser-guided, Nuclear, Bomb, Magnet, and normal darts! This game rules! Right now I am playing a Tournament and I am losing, but still having fun!:D

5. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

I got Lawn Darts, and it's now on my top 5 favorite games. It's just great- but needs more characters / enviorments to play. That's all updateable, though. Maybe more darts, too. The laser one is sweet. :D

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I like this game, it's pretty decent considering its price (free-$1). The graphics look equal to PS1 if anyone is wondering.