Universal Last Horizon (by Pixeljam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 18, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I agree with you reg controls, they're spot on.

Flight X has an ending, I finished it yesterday, but the level is much larger than A, B or C. There's an extra layer of difficulty because of the randomized levels. When two planets appear too near each other, you have to be extremely careful with the gravity of each planet, or you'll surely crash.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Came back here just to say that the $3 I paid for the game are well worth all the time I've spent playing it (I read about someone through Twitter complaining about it being "too expensive"), and I've still got to make a perfect round where I gather 12/12 planet environments and rescue 3/3 human settlements. This is the kind of game you come back to and play over and over. Simple & addictive at the same time. The only thing I miss is finding a damn alien tech gun to shoot the bad aliens to death with their own technology :D

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Not many games do I not prefer portrait, but I thing this might be good in landscape. Thots?

4. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Finally got past "A". Once I realized this was a finesse type game, and just gently flew my ship around I did much better.

The first time I got to my new home, I got so excited I bounced off an asteroid and crashed on it. Ah well, so much for humanity.

I think the controls are fine. My only temporary issue was that the first few plays I kept pressing the navigation direction display as my rotate right button.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, yes, a perfect tun on flight X!!!! 12/12 planet biomes recovered and 3/3 human colonies rescued. Yay!!! :D

Attached Files:

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The problem is that you always tend to fly upwards. There are "margins" on the side which don't allow you to get too much out of the vertical path. If you could fly sideways as much as upwards, it would make sense.

@devs: why not make a bigger map sideways too? I feel a bit too tied to vertical flying... Sure you can (and have) to fly to the sides too, but not as much as upward.

7. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    just discovered on twitter that they have a steam version of this game. i think i will also purchase the steam mac version

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=276202][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275750][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275798][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275811][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275809][​IMG][/thread]

Last Horizon

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Nov 19, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

9. pixeljamgames

pixeljamgames Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    We just updated Last Horizon!

To version 1.1.1:

- Controls can now be kept visible during gameplay, toggled from the pause screen. (This was by far the most common feedback we received from players)
    - Zoom / formatting issues fixed on iPhone 6s+
    - Extra nebulae background effects added to older iPhones (5/6)

Let us know what you think of the new update! And please let us know if anything weird happens as well :)

-Miles @ Pixeljam

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are there more special effects? I hear fuel recharging and ship fixing, but I don't remember those in the previous version.

Bug report: the turning thrusters show on the wrong side. If I'm turning right, the thruster which should ignite is the one on the left side and vice versa. As it is now, I click right to turn right and the right thruster ignites, which is kinda weird.

11. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    I think I have reached peak high score. The odds of my increasing my high score at this point are low.I want to play, but at my skill level, it seems I've "finished" what is there. IMO, a checkpoint system might increase replay value.

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    So many people complaining about the controls in the App Store reviews.. I find the controls to be fantastic.. Bought this last night and can't stop playing.. Trying to beat @anotherkellydown's score ### ;)

13. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Soooo.... Am I missing something about scores? How do I see them? Basic list of high scores. Basic function. Where.

14. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Great game, but the black holes really need more advanced warning. If you get just a little bit too close (which is pretty easy, given the short range and subtlety of the animation), it's "oops lol dead". I'll have to experiment with sling-shotting past them to escape, because that's two promising flight B runs ruined so far.

15. talat

talat New Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Game Developer
    A game I wish I had made.

I've been a member of this forum for some time and I've come here to just say that this game plain rocks.

(And there are lots of rocks and planets in this game.)

So atmospheric....with a tinge of sweet loneliness.

I wish I had made such a game.

-T.