Universal Last Horizon (by Pixeljam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 18, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Devs: the "leaderboards" button on the bottom of this screen doesn't seem to work (JB iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1.2). Also, there's text overlapping in the score brief of this screen too.

This was my first time finishing X mode, btw. I got 10/12 planet resources and 3/3 colonies rescued :)

Attached Files:

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Is it normal that the button of flight x is only half visible in the menu? It is cut off on the side of the screen.

3. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    This game is wonderful! Bought it the second I saw it available.

Haven't gotten too much time with it yet, but from what I have played it's worth every penny!

Love it! :cool:

4. pixeljamgames

pixeljamgames Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    Im guessing it's because you are on iOS 7 still. Apple just did a big update to GC and my guess is that it's causing problems with older OS's.. not saying that OTHER leaderboards won't work, but just guessing.

Also, you might be able to view them by going to the Game Center app and then looking up last horizon...

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What device are you using? On the 4S it appears perfectly.

On a side note, what do you think of the planet configuration of the image attached? The worst part is that I intentionally waited for the ship to get crushed... But it didn't!!!! It went inside the blue planet. When I took off, I got like a pinball out of them, but as soon as I tried to land on the blue planet, the ship slowly sunk inside the planet. Of course, when I took off this time around, the ship exploded. Game over. Dust in space :D

Attached Files:

6. pixeljamgames

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    which device? can you screenshot it?

7. pixeljamgames

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    Oh, that's interesting. Should we fix it or keep it? Sounds like fun actually.

8. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I'll try it on the website. The toucharcade app doesn't add images anymore :/

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I like the double-planet structure. It adds that extra strategy layer to landing and taking resources from both. I'd vote for leaving it as it is. In fact, I'm thinking that this can happen with any two planets. Imagine having to land on a planet with resources and then on a planet with a resource for terraforming, being both overlapped. I like it :)

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've tried what you suggest, but the scores don't seem to be uploading for this game (check screenshot, I've unlocked all). When I open the game, I don't see the "welcome back" typical GC screen. In fact, GC seems to log off every time I open Last Horizon.

I hope it's not too difficult to fix for iOS 7, but if it's too difficult, it doesn't bother me too much.

Attached Files:

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Ok here it is: (Playing on an iPhone 5s)

Attached Files:

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I say leave as is, it's an interesting dynamic.

13. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This game is a lot harder then I thought I am having a hard time getting used to the controls lol

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is how I see it on my 4S, so... your menu is bugged and isn't normal. Sorry. Hopefully it'll have an easy fix.

Attached Files:

15. pixeljamgames

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    thanks for that. should be an easy fix. thought we tested on the 5s.... maybe it was the 5c or 5x or 5d or something :)

16. ILikeTacos

ILikeTacos New Member

Nov 10, 2015
    This game is cool!

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    There should be a hidden achievement for dying from a comet hit. The first time that happens can be very traumatic!

18. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The controls are awful! But it's enjoyable on concept alone!! Also maybe make it more I don't know... Devastating when you harvest a planet and "kill" it

19. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I really like the concept for this game, but I wonder if it's a little too "minimal". Does it get any deeper than carefully reverse-thrust land, fill some generic resource bars, goto the next planet to do the same, lather-rinse-repeat until accumulated damage takes you out...? Is there any goal or permanent progression or is it a score chaser?

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Totally have to disagree! The controls work exactly as they should. This is an inertia-based space game, like Asteroids, so controlling your ship is supposed to be tricky. But saying the controls are awful makes it sound like something is broken, which is not the case at all.

Yes, you can beat each level (Flight A, B, C) by making it to the end planet of each one without dying. Score is a factor though as you can get a higher score by harvesting more resources, etc. on your way to the end planet.

As for Flight X, I'm not sure if that one has an ending and is just really long and difficult or if it's an "endless" mode or something.