Universal Last Colossus (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    That is exactly what it does. It's a "Gene Bomb" and it's instant game over. I couldn't resist...it was like the History-Eraser Button. :p

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Oh that's fantastic...a little Wren and Stimpy love there....very nice!

3. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    You found the point, dev wants player to think about the war and the price. There is justice, good will but also ugly in the war(casualties which you can control cause three endings of the planet). :D

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I downloaded the game and fired it up. I don't really understand every aspect but I'm liking it. I really like the retro art style.

One thing I really don't understand is the radar portion. Can anyone explain that part to me please?

I even bought some IAP because the game just has some charm to it and I wanted to give a bit more to the developers.

Billy

5. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    About the radar, simple rule, use it (right button) every few seconds or after every battle (it cost very few energy). There are stealth enemies (especially black type of enemies) and radar refreshes all enemy and building location.

Also, different icon means different thing on the radar:
    Light Square: ace enemy, they got group buff (boost their squadron), tougher and deals lots damage.
    Empty Light square: boss.
    Dark Square: normal enemy.
    Empty Dark Square: building.

Hope it answered your question. :)

6. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    this is more enjoyable than some of the much hyped games last week :D

7. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    A few more comments on the radar:

If you slowly line it up to a square, the objects identified above will come into view and allow you to lock on to them. If you lock onto an enemy it will allow you to make the first strike and oftentimes avoid damage. As such, it is advantageous to do this as often as possible. If you lock onto a structure, there is no incoming attack. If you leave your radar lined up with a structure, it can be easily accessed between more difficult battles and used to repair the colossus and replenish your energy meter.

8. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    True to game stews unique minimalistic style and typical roguelike hook, this one is as charming as the rest. Far less Rng than their slot-based lineup, LC's combat scheme and it's enemy-search mechanic, rewards attentive, focused play. If your after the slower, casual pace of their former releases, this may feel a bit too hectic. There's definitely a grind, and inevitable death, but fortunately, you retain upgrades form run to run. For me, so far so good.

9. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Fantastic catch! That was the one point I meant to edit. Absolutely, priority #1, use those landscapes so u can ping and then sight them (right button, structure shows as a pic, left button to lock it). Replenish energy, health up, top off energy, and yeah...set it, and forget it Lol

10. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #30 chief78, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    I can't post pics anymore for some weird reason, but I just took down a city and killed 240,770 civilians......## Consequences....the chromatic pallet just adds to the cinematic value and further poignates this horrible truth that reflects a poetic version of our very real world....whew....and I'm done on that note. Living in a Trump world is taking it's toll

EDIT: P.S. Glad to see u in the thread and checking this out Bill!

11. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I was just killed by a nuke during the final boss battle! Watch out!

12. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, harcore...haven't gotten that far yet but thanks for the heads-up!

13. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Nuke approaches by time and explodes(3000+ damage) when it reaches zero point. Make sure you got enough armor. I usually destroy them first, they are dangerous than the boss.

14. Segeljakt

Segeljakt Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This game is deep.

15. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Loving the game but it seems like the levels randomly end. Are they on a timer?

16. retr0spective

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    The defeat of a boss ends the Chapter. Bosses seem to emerge when you reach 100% detection.

17. FunkDoctaSteve

May 23, 2014
    Huh, I thought bosses emerge when you finish those goals, like normal units and ace units

18. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Oh ok...I thought it was clearing 3-4 waves of squadrons and then the next boss appears....I'll have to pay attention to detection level in this next chapter.

19. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    It definitely feels like the levels are ending randomly. I'm sure they're not but I can't figure it out. Doesn't matter if I beat a boss or not.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Well if you lose to a boss (or any enemy really), Colossus sets off the gene bomb and u start back at Chpt.1 (keeping any upgrades you did). When you beat the boss, that automatically moves you on to the next chapter and it should show that. And 100% detection is what triggets the next boss to appear....hope that helps