Universal Laser Dreams (by Ales Kocjancic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RedFragment, Jun 25, 2016.

1. RedFragment

RedFragment Member

Jun 25, 2016
    That is correct.

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I got 1 star on 02-15 (used all items; 1 star) and then improved on it (7 unused items). So I thought, the result still was 1 star. But that is not the point here. When I replayed the level, it started from the first, the worst 1-star result and not from the better 1-star result. It made me think, also seeing that the number of items is increasing, that save slots would be a good feature to have :)

3. RedFragment

RedFragment Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's something I already fixed and will be out in 1.2.1.

What would "save slots" do?

4. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks!

When the number of items increases, I find myself wanting to try different approaches, and being able to save them for later recall would be useful. For example, I have 1 star on a level, then when going back to it to improve, I have only the choice to start from scratch or start from the 1-star solution. I'd like to be able to recall an other approach, not finished yet.

5. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #25 saosijs, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    I'm still playing this, enjoying it. Almost finished the third chapter now (51 stars out of 60). I noticed that the color wheels and filters are not placed back when replaying (improving) a level, and they are not counted as item. For example, I "4-starred" 03-17: I needed 14 items where 16 is 3 stars and the game shows my result as 8, apparently not counting the 6 color wheels :)

The game difficulty progression is good mostly. There are some later levels that are made difficult by "just" increasing the number of required items, so it gets a bit tedious and laborious trial and error at times. But the majority of the puzzles is interesting.

Two more feature requests:
    - color the prefixed items differently, so they stand out from the ones you can move
    - show on the screen the number of items used (especially useful for levels with lots of items)

What are the leaderboards? I thought that "Richest Players" was about progression, but then I discovered that you can simply watch ads and become richer, so it is more a "time wasted watching ads" indicator. And it must be hacked, as I doubt no.1 really watched 350,000 ads ... :D. Also, the coins come in multiples of 100 so how can somebody have fractions of that?

The "Best Scores" leaderboard seems more realistic, but it is not explained how the score formula works. At the end of the level you only get to see coins earned and not a score.

6. RedFragment

RedFragment Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Hey saosijs! Thanks for still playing :) I just released a bigger update that addresses this bug and many others.

Yes, "Richest players" are the players with the most credits. There were a couple of players that faked this which I since removed. It's pretty easy to fake it if you know how but it's also very easy for me to spot it, so now I have a system that does this automatically ;)

It's based on the number of stars received and later stages reward more points per star.

There's now Game center integration so the score and achievements go directly in there where you can also challenge your friends.

7. MES

MES Active Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Bug fix / Update

I love playing Laser Dreams. It's fun and challenging . But lately I cant even open it because it crashes or freezes. Hoping you can help. Thank you