Universal Lara Croft: Relic Run (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Sorry, Temple Run 2, just wanted to say you're fired. This is a freaking awesome runner.

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Seems kinda laggy on my 5s though.

3. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    There is an occasional framerate drop even on the IP6, but so far it only happens every once in a while and hasn't had any negative impact. Hopefully they will optimize in the first update.

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Mine was from time to time but I turned off every play recording and it's been fine since then.

5. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    its awesome no timers run as much as u want and the iap is preety fair !#

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Also turned it off but still seems it's not 100% smooth :/

7. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    It doesnt run smoothly even on my ip6+, the whole game looks like a mess to me :( uninstalled after 5 min :(

Till now temple run 2 is still the best runner game to me (although I stopped playing it long time ago)

8. hanklupo

hanklupo Active Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I dont understand how anyone can say this is better than Subway Surfer. I have not played anything that even comes close to how responsive the controls are in that one. This has some interesting ideas but really fails for me in how unresponsive some of my swipes are.

9. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Love this game. Perfect fit for a runner. My only issues on my ipad 4 and even my iPhone 6 are technical. Just too many frame stutters on both devices and i feel the game needs better swipe input. 2 quick swipes your dead. Second one often does not register. I also feel when u swipe down from a jump she should go into a slide, not to her feet. When I look at this game I can't help but with it had hd assess like the most gorgeous runner there is on Mobil. And that temple run oz. especially on my iPhone 6. This game would look sick with metal. I'm sure a couple updates and this could be the dopest runner. Temple run 2 and oz set the bar high. Give this game the frame rate and polish of temple run oz and swipe input of subway surfers and you got perfection.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #110 L.Lawliet, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    This game is amazing. Played about 3 hours up to the same part (have only fought the t-rex twice at most before I inevitability fail) and I've now seen new scenes / obstructions despite not moving much further. I just love all the level variations, the Lara animations, and the intense music which always gets me pumped. The vertical run part is my favorite I jave to say. Such a badass adventurer.

As of now this is my favorite runner :)

On my iphone 6 I'm really not seeing any of the frame drops but maybe it happens too quick to notice. The only input issues I have are with wall runs. Those have some weird sensitivity. To combat that, I make sure to swipe twice to wall run just to make sure.

11. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Been playing it. Liking it more. Swipes are definentely not always registering. The swipe down from the jump into a slide would make so much more sense. I really like the game though. Appreciate what the devs have done. Please add metal or hd assets and optimize this to run smooth as butter

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Love it!. Lara is my favourite and this runner us just not boring running but mixes it up a bit and the rag doll effects are excellent. Like the music too and this is a keeper for me as I've played all the Temple Run games and was on the lookout for a new runner. This is it.

13. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    I also agree subway surfer is a great runner. But really it's time for a subway surfer 2. Time for some new game mechanics. And let's not forget the excellent pitfall.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The same way some side scrolling runners are better than Canabalt. They have aged. They are still good, but newer titles with more innovations have shown up.

As mentioned above, they need some form of sequel at this point.

15. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Absolutely awesome!!

Just had a run where I shot a vehicle from a tree I think and then started driving it and boy it was incredible. True Lara Croft stuff and full of surprises this game. Has quality written all over it. Then the Tarzan swinging on the ropes. This is worth every free cent and I'll be buying something just to say thanks but it's a must have for Lara croft fans.

16. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    The featured video and screen shots look incredible. Downloading now and looking forward to it. Haven't touched Temple Run 2 in a long, long time.

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Died 20 times at the first "wall run" (after 20 sec or so). Deleted the game.

Re-installed again. Much later I found out: The trick is that you have to swipe horizontally repeatedly. This was not mentioned in the (quickly disappearing) tutorial text. I don't want to know how many people will rage delete the game at this point.

Altogether: It seems to be too hard. The graphics are okay but I'm always struggling in seeing what comes next. Could be somewhat clearer.

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    You don't have to swipe repeatedly to wall run? Just one simple horizontal swipe before the wall and she runs the full length of the wall.

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #119 Qwertz555, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Sorry, my dear Habakuk, one single horizontal swipe only and the wall-running is done. Well, it works for me.

I'm very happy to agree that this runner is more on the hard side. The double swipe to any side should have SubwayS input, but luckily imho, it's not that very often required (once you know the sequences better). The "What comes next" could be the controversial part. For me, exactly this gives the game the additional intensity, it's a jungle after all.

Edit: and a big yes to the brilliant Pitfall. Lara comes in like the new big sister.

Edit again: a performance update just hit my store. Loading right now, but even before this, i never felt it was a framerate etc. issue that led to my death, i always knew it was my fault.

This runner is done so well and it lets me play as fast and as much as i want, giving out enough coins and even diamonds, that i decided to buy a consumable iap to unlock the second world (though i only need three more relics). My last game start showed me a totally new sequence i've never seen before, and even that bloody T-Rex whipped me out with his tail which was new for me, again.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Active Member

Aug 10, 2013
    I'm really digging this game even though I have to admit that I'm not a fan of endless runners at all. Since I got it yesterday, I could not put it down again.

I have yet to defeat the first boss but then again I am new to this whole genre and did not even get one of the alternate weapons so far.

The graphics are really good and I like the diversity this game has to offer. And then there's of course Lara. ;-)