Universal Lara Croft: Relic Run (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LOL, sure. At least I know. I already ran over 200km so in that amount of attempts I tapped nervously on the screen and found out that holding your finger on screen speeds up the "countdown" even though it still might be faster;) but yeah, it's worth to share that knowledge, might be usefull to someone.

2. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I have a question as well. Does the go 1500m without sliding, include ducking on the quad/motorcycle? I haven't been able to complete this achievement, even though I think I haven't slid or ducked for that long at least once.

3. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    That's some really helpful information I wasn't aware of. Thanks a lot!

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol, I JUST figured that one out this morning. Such a good idea!

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #65 baldeagle86, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Huge thanks to macplash for the account guide :)

So far this game has been 5 stars for me! I have only done a few runs so far, but it has run perfectly and the visuals are top notch. The only things I can suggest/ask is will there be cross device support? It runs perfect on my 5s and air 2, but with the bigger screen of the iPad you just get to see so much more. It is really a smooth and great looking game, I would hate to decide I have to just keep it on my phone. The second (minor) thing is the sound effect of the clue booster, that high swirling noise just takes me right out of the game :/

Best runner I've played in a very long time, definitely have to get used to that log swing trap and wall running instead of jumping :) I will for sure get a coin doubler or any IAP that makes it premium and to support the team that made this

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thanks SO much for that! Gonna give it a try! Hey, while we're here, I was wondering which country is best to use to get adult content?

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am starting to agree that this may be the best runner out to date (even though it's still in beta) but right now i believe it needs a few more tweaks to make it perfect.1. Increase the lane switch speed.
    2. Implement a 2-finger swipe to switch from left lane to right and vice versa. It has to work as well when the 2 swipes arent at the same time, but really close swipes one after the other with 2 thumbs for example.
    3. Improve swipe buffering. Right now, 2 very quick swipes doesnt register the second one. If the above is implemented, i think it should cover this as well.
    4. The gems are still too hard to come by. I have maxed out coin-value and increased powerup chance upgrades, and at 1 or 2 upgrades on the rest, and i've only accumulated 8 gems for all the time i have been playing this game. Maybe the achievements need to give out gems instead.
    5. This needs a doubler. The game already feels a bit balanced when it comes to gold accumulation, but this should improve the grind and at the same time provide a non-consumable IAP option.
    6. Optimization. The sequences are beautiful, but some may cause random hiccups on the framerate in which, for runner games, usually mean game over.

My $0.02, which i hope will be given consideration.

8. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #68 amusing Grace, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    I was wondering if your impressions of the game's quality match mine.
    As i said before, i loved One Epic Knight and this is even better. The setpieces are so varied, i still seem to find new things. It runs without a hitch on my Air 2 and best of all, retries are quick and no timers. Got already around 23 of the premium currency and playing "casually" right now to upgrade stuff and to take in and get used to the different setpieces.

My verdict so far: most enjoyable runner right now and definitely worth the lil trouble to make yet another account.

9. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    What am i supposed to do when i'm running TOWARDS that bloody Dinosaur after running away from it and shooting it before?
    I tried shooting his head because my ammo counter showed up in the UI, nothing.
    Tried to evade him left and right and i crash.
    Wasted 10 Ankhs and stopped before i throw my iPad across the room.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Slide while in middle lane under his bite.

11. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Doh!
    :)
    Thank you so much Psience

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Still really enjoying this! Another thing that should be fixed is when you use a continue you should have a few seconds of invulnerability, I got stuck behind a bunch of quick pillars and used 3 tries and couldn't get past it at all

13. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Out worldwide!

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I can hardly contain myself I'm so excited - no sarcasm! I've been really looking forward to playing this! \o/

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This is a very unexpected and unusual release day from such a big company i'd say, nonetheless a very welcomed one.

My first quick imps...a big WOW to the diversity they packed into this game, and remembering earlier posts, there is a lot more to come, right?

This is definitely not just an easy and another clone of Temple Run, specially with one of the best (and hottest) relic hunters in gaming history.

Thanks Pete!

16. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm playing this game from the first day it was soft-launched. It's amazing, what can I say? I appreciate the Starter pack with all outfits, I'm definitely buying that just to support the dev. I spent hours and hours with this game, highly recommended!

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh, yes!! Been waiting awhile for the big release! Wanted to get it in its soft launch, but, as it turns out, you can't switch stores when you have a money balance in your account. Looking forward to playing this as it seems awesome! :D

18. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Downloading now, can't wait to play it

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Be prepared for the best endless runner on iOS. Lol

20. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This reminds me of my favorite runner of all time. I think it was called blood roof or something to that nature. Great job on this one and I usually hate runners.