Universal Lara Croft: Relic Run (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Thanks for the guide, I'll keep that in mind for next time I'll see that trap. Honestly, since I asked, I didn't encounter this particular area again (lucky me), but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Thank you for such a great game, what can I say? It's a pleasure to enjoy this. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not very good with this specific genre, but after a little practice I've finally seen T-Rex even though the moment he started chasing me I panicked and hit the wall of course. But I'm really looking forward to get far enough to meet him again, maybe even outrun him, who knows. My point is, I'm still enjoying your game and I'm really eager to see the game released worldwide asap so I can support you guys for such a great work you've done. Until than, you at least have my gratitude and positive feedback.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Dammit NOEN!
    Didn't know that they developed One Epic Knight, too even though David's nickname here sounds so familiar.
    One Epic Knight was/ is my favorite Runner and the one game that got me into this genre. I see now so many familiarities that i have a very hard time not creating yet another softlaunch account :)

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait... Really? Same devs as with One Epic Knight? Then why am i still here i need to make that dummy NL account asap!

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hehe. Yea. I did some research last night and I figured I'd throw that one in to see who caught it. 1 Epic Knight was/is one of my fav endless runners too. I'm telling you guys, this game is awesome.

Oh, sorry in advance for me constantly talking about how cool the game is on the video. Lol. As you can tell, I really dig this game.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    A stupid question, but where is "NL"?

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Netherlands in Europe

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Well I have to wait for this one. I want it bad but I don't want to create another account.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    When i learned english a (very) few years back, the teacher talked about the Dutch people, and of course i thought of Dutchland. Nope, it's called the Netherlands (i.e. beautiful smokey Amsterdam).

Though it's a soft launch...how many revives are possible, and is there a leaderboard "without continue" (which i highly doubt) ?

Keep singing, NOEN, i ejoyed the vid.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. Thanks Qwertz. Any time I feel like I'm just a small fish in a big YouTube pond, I get positive comments from you guys and it keeps me going.

As for the leaderboards thing. I don't think it keeps track of much, if anything on GameCenter. I mean, it supports GC, but when you click on the leaderboards tab, it wants you to log into Facebook and when you click on Achievments, it shows a ton of them, but they are "in-game" and not on the GameCentee page. Hopefully things will change before the release. I know I can get to the GC screen in the game, but like I said earlier, I'm not showing up. So, they may still be tweaking things.

11. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Help me Exact-psience, you're my only hope

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... This actually plays a little sluggish on my ipad air. Lara's movement can have a slight delay when i input the swipes, that when i swipe left>left or right>right rapidly it doesnt register the second swipe.

Other than that, the game does feel fresh and massive for a runner title. In terms of variety, for now i'd say it could match Spider-Man's scope.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #53 Exact-Psience, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    One more thing. Is there no way to earn the secondary currency in-game?

I'd definitely buy a doubler for this if the game's optimized on ipad air. Im thinking the first gen Air cant handle everything that's on-screen, coz it's ridiculous how much action and movement are on the screen at all times.

Also, i wish there is a screen rotate/orientation option on the ipads. My charger is attached on my table when i play, so the cord is more convenient while at the top of my ipad. This may be minor, but im sure i wont be the only one with this minor issue.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I talked to the developers today and they said that you CAN earn gems in-game. They are earned through defeating bosses and some of the harder Achievments because I was wondering the same thing.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So far I found 22 diamonds through the game, which might seem like a quite small amount considering the last update for basic pistol costs 50 diamonds and cannot be updated in any other way. So you have to either buy diamonds with real money or spend hours in-game and hope for them to appear. Also, if there's a same formula for each weapon (the last upgrade is available with premium currency only), it's gonna take some time for sure. Plus, if you want to take advantage of revive option, one costs 5 diamonds. Second revive in the same run costs 10 diamonds. On top of that, unlocking 2nd chapter earlier (instead of 15 relics), it'll cost you 500 diamonds. Well, it all might sound harsh, but it's a free game without any ads whatsoever, so there's need to be "something" like that, right?

16. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah. There are gems to collect as you run. And sometimes you'll even get 10 gems in that supply pack in game. It will appear every 6 hours. You'll be able to see it in between runs. It sometimes gives you 3 ankhs as well. I am currently on the GameCenter leaderboards, so it does track some things. I think I was 12th and 10th on two of them. Just got back from work, so I'll have to check again and play some more.

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #57 bigrand1, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Okay, after all this time I've never created another account so I could get a game earlier, but now I think I will! So, how to go about this? I s'pose you can have more than one account at the same time, right? Please enlighten me!
    Thanks.

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #58 macplash, Apr 16, 2015
    Well, it's actually quite easy. First thing you need to know is awesome feature by you gmail address, if you're using it as Apple ID (which I suggest you to do). So if your Apple ID is e.g. [email protected], you can add anything behind your name with the plus (+) sign and every email sent to that address will still be automatically sent to your initial address. So, if you're creating account for Netherlands, you just add +nl to your Apple ID so it looks like this: [email protected]. You can do this for any other country and be sure you'll never forget about that. So you can create account +ca for Canada, +nz for New Zealand etc..

So, switch to specific country App Store (in settings on your tablet) or in iTunes and find the game you want. (Or start with "create apple id" and choose the country the game's soft launched in to switch the App Store automatically). Click or tap to GET IT. When you're asked to sign in, just hit an option to "create Apple ID" and follow the instruction. You'll need name, phone number, address in correct state etc, so use FAKE NAME GENERATOR for generating some information. Because you're downloading a free game, you won't need a credit card information. If you're asked for them, just check "none". After creating your account you'll get an confirmation email to verify your new account and that's it.

I know there's online guide to this somewhere, step by step and more specific, so if I'll find it, I'll post the link here just in case. Anyway, it's fairly easy as you can see, good luck.

EDIT: yeah, this is it. 148apps posted this guide to create an account for Real Racing 3 back in the days. Works like a charm. Just check it out: How To: Create a Foreign iTunes Account
    LOL, I just realized it's from TA's Carter Dotson.

19. TequilaMobile

TequilaMobile Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Netherlands are very good market to soft launch right now and we already heard from some other devs who consider this market for them as well, so it's definitely good to have a Dutch account :)

It really worked well for us with Earthcore: Shattered Elements (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=250870) in terms of data we can gather from people playing the game.

20. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #60 Buffy6, Apr 16, 2015
    I just found out on the revive now screen, if you tap and hold on the screen, the timer will run out faster. That'll help, because sometimes I want to play again faster without reviving. How come I just found out now? lol Did anyone else know?

Edit: One more relic to unlock the next level. Still have yet to find the secret area with a parkour move in the jungle. No idea where it could be. And I've been through the level, whats seems like 1000s of times.