Universal Lara Croft: Relic Run (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's seems REALLY close to being done, so it's gotta be releasing soon. I ended up creating an account just for this game though. Lol, I couldn't wait.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, after what you wrote I couldn't wait myself, so I just created an account and downloaded the game as well. Now let's see what the fuss is all about;) Be back..

3. nsxdavid

nsxdavid Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Sorry, we're just the developer. Square Enix / Crystal Dynamics is the entity in control of all that sort of thing.

But yes, there are dinosaurs... after all, that was the key awesome thing that Lara Croft fought against in the very first Tomb Raider (and also many subsequent titles). He's back! :D

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I need this right now :( why no NZ soft launch? :D

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Normally I don't like this genre, but since it is launched in the Netherlands, I gave it a go.

What I played so far is fun, been riding the quad, wich is cool. It all looks better than Temple Run Imo, but I played that game only 15 minutes.

I hated the original Tombraider games on playstation what a load of crap was that. This pleases me more, but I don't think for long though.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone who created a dummy NL account wanna share their account? ;)

7. Siniom

Siniom New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Durnit, logged in to a friend's account. Feel free to delete this post, mods.

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I hold the dubious distinction of being an endless endless runner critic who still occasionally plays endless runners in some strange hope they will suit my endlessly niched tastes (which they actually sometimes partially do, most often when Exact-Psience recommends them. Thanks, man!).

My personal preferences are confused further by the fact that I'm a traceur/freerunner, and have been hoping naively for a full-fledged parkour experience for the platform (or any platform, really), something beyond Vector's wonderfully animated and form-wise proper - and really overall very fun - but otherwise very limited freerunning experience (the "free" part is missing).

I know this is not it. But I'll go for anything that can digitally emulate even a sliver of the full sensation of freedom I have when I freerun, for those rainy, muddy, icy, messy days when ever my high-flying, death-defying lack of regard for personal safety (or vanity) listens to reason.

So, that in mind and all that, how strong are the parkour elements in Relic Run? Enough sense of speed and flow to merit some account fiddling to download this straight away?

Have never had reason to make one for NL before (but creating yer own is actually quite painless :) ). But depending on response to above question, I might just yet, and if I do, I won't mind putting the account out there for public abuse :)

(You can also safely temporarily change the country of your own iTunes account to NL. I've received confirmation this is not against rules or policy.)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I know tis easy to make a new account, but i have 9 or 10 accounts already i cant even remember which ones i have unless i try logging in to them.

10. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    #30 touchy85, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    need for speed no limits, earthcore and nightmare guardians are on the dutch app store as well, so you might want to create a nl account

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #31 macplash, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    touchy85 I already did even though I have no intentions to play NFS like EVER;) Anyway, I never heard of those two other titles so I'll check them out probably since I've got the account.
    ------------------
    Well, I spent some time with this game and I have to say it's great! It's not my cup of tea at all which is probably the reason I really suck at this game hard, but I have to say I quite enjoy it so far. I found around 5 relics, unlocked couple of achievements, upgraded coins' appearance twice and whatnot. Oh, talking about upgrading those coins: it claims the coins appears sooner after upgrade, but I still got first silver coins appearance after I ditch the quad bike, never sooner. It's around 1500m I guess? I'd expect this currency appears sooner after upgrade but it feels the same. So I'm not sure if it's just a bug or the difference is more significant in later stages, I'm just saying I don't feel much of a difference. Now I'm upgrading appearance of clues which seems to work just fine. I really like the part when Lara changes the direction and runs on side of the wall, really refreshing. My only and probably biggest issue so far is the log on ropes during the quad bike ride. No matter what I try, there's no chance to avoid it. What am I supposed to do? Can anyone help me with that? So, overall I'm very satisfied with the game, I'm sure I'll support the developer with some IAPs when the game is released worldwide no matter I'm still interested in the game or not. I had a great time with it so far and I'm planning to spend some more. Visually it's really stunning and the music is fantastic, very intense and "dangerous", complements the mood perfectly. Gameplay is great even though for casual players like me it's really hard. According to some achievements the game's target audience are more experienced players in the genre. I mean, "perform 20 parkour moves during one run" or "defeat the boss twice in one run" sounds just crazy. But as I said, I'm just a casual player. According to leaderboards there are some quite impressive scores already. Well, so much from me. Try this game for yourself, it's really great!

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks for reminding me about NFS No Limits. I forgot about that one being on the Dutch AppStore. I don't wanna burn myself out on this game, so I need a break.

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Definitely gettin this when it lobs internationally.. Love Lara

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Seems like a pretty cool use of the license, but as someone that isn't into runners, can't help but wish it had been a stage-based plat former more along the lines of Mirror's Edge.

15. josto74

josto74 Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Artist for Simutronics
    From a Dev

First of all thank you very much for checking out Lara Croft Relic Run and letting us know what your thoughts on it were! As for the troubles you are having with the log swing trap... Next time you play you should notice a slight shift of the camera as it look upward up a bit more quickly followed by a flash as the arrow, shot by the lizardman on the right, cuts the rope holding the log aloft. This flash and camera shift is your cue to swipe down causing Lara to duck quickly out of the way as the log swings swiftly and dangerously close overhead.

Thank you again for playing and I hope you continue to enjoy the game! - Josh

16. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #36 Buffy6, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    I've been playing this for quite a while now. For a whole day. Couldn't even tell you how many hours yesterday. From like noon on. It is a little laggy on my iPod Touch 5th Generation at times. iOS 8.3. Mostly on the beginning of a run or when it logs into GameCenter/a notification. I have 12 relics now and am having a hard time getting any more. Every time I get the meter full, the T-Rex comes out. Or I run into something. I have yet to beat the T-Rex. I have almost all the upgrades maxed out. Coin Magnet, Coin Trails, Clue Booster and Powerups are all maxed out. I also have the standard outfit maxed out. Which might have been a mistake, since that might have made it harder faster. I'm not really too good at endless runners. My record so far is 3,251m. Which is probably not very good. lol I'm enjoying it so far. i just want to unlock that second level. 3 more relics.

Edit: Without the Clue Booster powerup, getting clues just regularly seem to do next to nothing in filling the meter. I maxed out the powerup stat, and the clue boosters are rare to find. Then when you find one, all you get is monster battles or can only find two or three clues. Then I end up dying. I get the meter maxed out, maybe every 50-100 times now. I die too soon. lol

Edit2: Made it to 5,725m now. Don't know if I can do that again. and can you believe in that whole run, not one clue booster seen. And the powerup stat is maxed out, which should increase the chances of them. Oh well. Also in that run, I didn't fill the meter. It seems impossible without the clue booster. But, that might just be me.

Edit3: Now after I post this, I find 3 Clue Boosters in one run. I guess it's just totally random. Only 2 more relics now for the next level.

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Really excited for this! Especially after Spider-Man unlimited was such a letdown

18. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Dibs in for using an account too please! Really want to try and give some good feedback to the devs but don't want all the switching/creating hassle

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #39 NOEN, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but my awesomeness isn't showing up on GameCenter. It just says that I'm not ranked in all leaderboards. Do I suck that bad? I would think that I would at least show up somewhere? That's the only issue I have found so far.

BTW, I'm still sticking to my initial opinion as this being the best "behind the back" endless runner ever! I don't know if I can just say that it's the best endless runner ever because of how much love I have for Punch Quest. It's very close though. Lol

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer