Universal Lara Croft GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hi turn based means i make some moves and then computer ( like civilization) Is this game similar?

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You have already asked this question a couple of pages back and got a reply. Why don't you try actually reading the posts before repeating yourself?

3. gabed-em

gabed-em Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    It's a good point. I don't hitman 2 but I think there should be more to the levels than just getting to the end. There easily could have been Tomb Raider like goals in each mission that changed how you play it. I've only done the first book though to be fair.

I really enjoy the game, a lot. I just hope they add a little more depth.

4. SashJ

SashJ Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Does anyone else experience freezing before even getting into the game. I open the app and can't get past the loading screen. Im on iPhone 6+. Any fixes would be grateful if you know how.

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't judge the game based on the first chapter. (book) These almost like tutorial levels. It gets a lot more interesting and varied as you get further into the game.

6. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Another addictive "Go" game. Love the little animations. With Hitman Go, Hitman Sniper and now this, Square Enix is rapidly becoming my favorite studio on iOS ...

7. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I installed it on my Mother's 2nd generation iPad and it runs fine but there is no sound. It is fine on my 1st generation iPad Air.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just finished the game on a second time, and im still wanting more. I might just replay Hitman GO again as well.

What puts LCGo above HGo is that LCGo captures a pseudo puzzle-adventure feel while HGo really just felt like a well-made puzzle game.

I cant wait to see a few expansions for this game like Hitman GO got before.

9. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #129 Gambler, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Did you have the patience for Level 76? I skipped it after having hopped into the lava for the felt 100th time (always missed the crumbling tile on top after having snatched the golden key). Otherwise I'll probably would have thrown my iPad against the wall :rolleyes:

79 is even worse though. Let me know if you had the patience for it ;)

And one thing I forgot in the comparison - LC GO is utterly turnbased. I suppose you can say that a lot of the earlier levels of Furdemption have a turnbased style but especially the later levels where (Grim?) reapers, rotating buzzsaws and venom shooting spiders often are all over you most of it is in real time. Lara Croft on the other hand - You move, the AI moves and so on - Like in a chess game.

Btw you're approaching the Furdemption stages where you're in for some really nice brain teasers. :D Loved most of the later levels.

When you're finished, hope you'll give Lara a try. I'm in the exact same spot having bought way too many premium games, some even not tried out once yet - So I know where you're coming from. But once I fired up LC GO I couldn't stop until I've had finished it. It's your money of course but you'd probably be through the game in one afternoon, so you could quickly return to your other (gaming) duties again ;)

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I given in and purchased because of all of the feedback here and on the AppStore. Plus I'm off for a week now.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Been playing and completed a few bits, I'm onto the stone area now. Really liking the game and the music with earphones in. Although I'm already worried seeing the books left and amount of things left to collect that it won't last too much longer.

So far the puzzles have been pretty easy with some elements being added as I play which I like, although I imagine it'll get harder near the end?

12. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Congrats to the developer for a premium game. I look forward to more content in the future.

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

#133 Baracus, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    I just completed it a moment ago with all relics. Absolutely amazing game.

Clever puzzles, not at all repetitive, they build on the concepts in a nice progressive way. And it is all so fitting to the TR theme. Some lovely graphics throughout. These guys know how to put a game together.

To answer your question - of course it gets harder but it's never too difficult. I got stumped in a couple of places in the last book but when you figure it out it seems obvious. Helps that I played HitmanGO as well tho I guess.

It's the realisation of how to approach new problems that makes that progression I mentioned work though, like any good puzzle game.

Easy 5 star game here.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yes it's easily a 5 star game and very enjoyable. I'll likely complete it tonight now and then I'll just be hoping they add more. You'd think they have the basics of the game down so adding levels shouldn't be too difficult?

Seems like it's selling well on my UK store too it was the 3rd paid app.

15. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

If they do any content updates I would think they will also add new mechanics (new creatures with new movement rules). That was the thing there was more of in Hitman. There's definitely room to flesh that adventure side out more but it's a complex game so a lot of work to get everything to this quality.

Insane amount of work in fact :)
    Nothing here is easy to create - even "just" levels!! :D Because the puzzles are so integrated to the individual art on each scenario (which if you watch the Apple tweet video posted earlier in the news section on TA you'll see is all hand-finished by an illustrator).

I guess there is some kind of invisible tiles for where Lara can go but everything around it (that we see) is unique for every screen = a lot of work.

16. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    My exact thoughts while playing. Everything is hand crafted and seemingly well thought out. Unfortunely that means any content updates will take some time, but that's the price you pay for quality... It was a similar way with Hitman GO.

17. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I didnt buy it yet, still consider doing that
    Can anyone tell me how the turn-based system works? is it fun, or just ruin the game ?

18. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Short & easy.......um ...waiting price dropped #

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I wasn't going to get it at first but glad I did, although short it'll still last a few hours at least and I don't regret getting it.

The turn based system is more fun than hitman go as there's no turn limits or speed runs, it's like playing chess as someone said. Early levels just involve some puzzle solving so turns don't really come into it. All they mean is when there are enemies on the map that move, when you swipe to move they move also as you do. No stress or rush just figuring out the puzzle and the best way to get past and kill them, sometimes you'll jump back and fourth to the same two spots to get an enemy to keep moving into a position to where you want them.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #140 Exact-Psience, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    yup, there are no strict solutions like Hitman GO did. This is why i compared this part to turn-based dungeon crawlers before, but without the RPG mechanics.

In Lara Croft GO, you can go around in circles many times to try and get an enemy chasing you fall into a trap or something without any repercussions.