Universal Lara Croft GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I just finished the last of the levels. Now I'll just have to go back and find the rest of the relics/jewels.

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Runs fine on my 6+
    I only got like 10 GC friends
    Maybe you have too many GC friends sometimes it makes a game crashed

I fell in love with the game since the start menu
    It’s really polished... Wow

3. gabed-em

gabed-em Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    They should have included the challenges that Hitman Go had. Things like the briefcase, no kills, x turns...

4. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Finished it so I can give an in-depth review. It's a really good puzzle game. Some things are borrowed from Hitman Go. Some enemies talk in straight lines, other are standing still, a few will chase you. You can hit enemies on the side or back but not when they're facing you. There are a lot of other mechanics besides these that make it more interesting to play.

Graphics are one of the best parts about this game. Unlike Hitman Go, Lara is fully animated and will jump, shoot and do some backflips when moving.

There are collectibles instead of goals like in Hitman, which I like, because in the previous game you were usually so focused on how many turns tou took to get the objective that you really didn't appretiate a level's design. Collectibles here force you to look around and enjoy the details.

There are a lot more mechanics in this game than in Hitman and the pace is much quicker which is great. There's also a simple story to follow as you progress, a nice added touch. Not by any means great, but it gets the job done.

IAP are, unfortunately, present in the form of tips (which I never used) and an outfit pack for you to costumize Lara.

All in all, a great game, at least for me. My only criticism being that it was significantly shorter than Hitman Go.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That isnt unfortunate at all. :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Like EP said, I don't think the fact that the game has IAPs is unfortunate at all. One's a cheater IAP if you're having difficulty with the game and the other is purely cosmetic. Those are the best types of IAP and of course, both are permanent.

I would not be opposed to spending that extra money long after I finish the game since I highly doubt I'll ever delete it.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love this game too much that i erased progress to start anew and now am halfway through :D

8. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    True. As IAP go, this is not a bad one. Stil, for a game that cost almost 5€, a costume pack with 3 outfits for 2€ seems a bit excessive.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    This game is outstanding, and it's quite a bit bigger than I first expected. You can breeze through the first chapter fairly quickly, making it feel like it will be a short experience, but the chapters get bigger, more complex and challenging as you progress through the game. I'm at the early stages of chapter 4 and I've spent a good few hours getting here, just playing a few levels at a time in each session, and searching for all the collectibles as I go along.

5 star game without a doubt and thoroughly recommended!

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I think it's worth pointing out to people that there are 6 additional costumes to unlock within the game. I see the extra costume pack as more of a gesture to support high quality premium games if you choose to. If you don't want them, don't buy them. it's that simple.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    A lot of little things that remind you of the original action version. Good job.

Still playing, wondering from the design, it would not be hard to add more contents. It is only a matter whether SQEX is willing to do it or not.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With the game's Tile-Based puzzle mapping system, and us seeing 2 GO games out from SE already, i wouldnt be surprised if they have used the same engine/framework for both games. I bet they even have the capacity to turn that into an addon like a level editor of sorts, but we know they wont do that since they can create the GO games themselves and sell it at a premium price.

13. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
  14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So far I've been a fan of the GO series of games, this one captures a more fluid realtime feel (although turn based) thanks to the awesome animations. The art style actually reminds me of Another World partially.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That would've just made it Hitman GO 2. Tomb Raider has always been about exploration, acrobatics and action, while Hitman has been about stealth and careful planning ahead. Both games flawlessly represent their IP and while they both carry the GO "brand", it's good to see they have next to nothing in common.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well said, and i totally agree. The goals in Hitman 2 would be uncharacteristic for a Lara Croft title. Most especially the "number of moves" which wont fit Lara's explore everything attitude, but perfect for Hitman's strike swift nature.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #97 rIcHrAnDoM, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    I picked this up based on 1) loved Hitman Go 2) MC, EP Qwertz and Roger-NL's praise 3) looks fantastic and well; it's pretty damn fantastic.

makedamage and Candykiller keep it up! Those are some great imps and reviews also :D

There's a reason I keep coming back to TA, you guys rock and we just keep getting valuable members!

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    One tentative goal that was mentioned briefly by Alexandre Vinet in a conversation shortly before Gamescom was the idea of level packs that retell the stories and recreate the environments of the original series of games (similar to the iconic level packs in Hitman Go), but that's obviously not set in stone.

19. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hi turn based means i make some moves and then computer ( like civilization) Is this game similar?

20. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I just finished the last level and am sad to see the game end. It was fantastic. I'm hoping more level packs are released. Until then, I will go back and hunt for all the collectibles.

I'll also pick up Hitman Go while it's on sale.