Universal Lara Croft GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sorry Crabman it wasn't aimed at you personally, it just bugs me the constant whining here on the forums about IAP and how long is it and so on.

Games are fun and should be played by fun people otherwise go do something else Ha ha ha.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Try closing other apps and also check your memory, it was constantly crashing on my 6+ but fine on my iPad Air luckily it synced but now it runs fine on my phone too

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    never mind :)

i'll buy this one for sure,it's just not clear yet in which chronology i'm gonna buy the 4-5 games that currently fight for the content of my digital wallet :D

It think it will be this one first.And 4-5 hours of relaxed gameplay is definitely ok for now.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This wont be the first time i post this, but i want to point out that i love premium titles that have running times of 5 to 10 hours. These are the best type of games for me to play because i am able to finish them.

In the end it's somewhat useles for me to buy good games that have playthrough times over 10 hours only for me to abandon it later on before finishing them.

5. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Weird. I'll have to try my iPad when I get home from work. But I've closed everything open and rebooted still same issue. I sent in a report to Square Enix hopefully they acknowledge it. Guess I'll just have to wait for an app update to play on my phone.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does it crash back to the springboard or does it freeze with the gamecenter welcome message on top? If it's the latter, just wait it out. GC can sometimes do that to games on initial launch, but it should only happen one-time during the first time. I hope you get to play this beautiful puzzle game soon.

7. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Crashes to springboard when I try to load the first level, everything runs smooth until then.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading? It's a rare occurence, but sometimes the download hiccups and we end up with errors on the install.

9. broopa

broopa Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Several times now, maybe downloading from computer and syncing that way will make it work, but that will also have to wait till after work. Guess that means I'll actually have to work all day.

10. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Loved Hitman GO. This one's even better. Much more fluid and interesting gameplay. Graphics are wonderful, even better than Hitman and the added relics to collect really makes you look around the scenery. Really top notch work.

11. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Any reports on performance of this game on a iPhone 4S or iPad 3? Would really like to play this game, but hopefully my gear is not getting too old.

12. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    What's the downloaded size?

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    905 mb installed.

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It performs flawlessly on the iPad 3. I like it a lot.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #75 ste86uk, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Thanks for the playtime info that makes it worth it. As for the other guy of course people will be curious as to how long it lasts, mainly for me it's just because I don't really like SE as a dev unlike others so I'm a little cautious when buying their titles.

I spend a fortune on apps, some I instabuy and others I look into more to make a decision like this one. Also install sizes come into it as with this if its a huge file its more to think on unless it's something I really really want

16. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #76 ShinHadoukin, Aug 27, 2015
    I agree with SE (when I see their name I know expensive & BS iap) but in some situations it is just their name (like Bondacai on the new Pac Man 256). Hit Man Go was awesome & these are the same guys I believe so I wouldn't worry too much. Waiting to see If this is worth it is a good idea. I used to love tomb raider so I bought this one. I'll let you know if I'm disappointed.....

17. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    #77 Remote_, Aug 27, 2015
    5S, iOS 8.4, big crash. Gets to loading screen of level one and then clicks and dies. Straight back to home screen. Restarts, hard resets etc. are no good. Plenty of spare memory to play with.

Anyone else on a 5S with similar?

Edit: It's Game Center. Won't work if I'm logged in. How irritating.

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It works ok on my 5S with Game Center logged in. I'm on the current version of iOS whatever that is.

19. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Thanks for the feedback. Very strange then in that case. Will investigate further.

Absolutely love the game though, I have to say. Pure class.

20. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I have the same problem, Game Center crashes the app for me. Tried countless reinstalls, reboots, airplane mode on/off... Nothing solves the problem. Very irritating.