Universal Lara Croft GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

I got to level 9 thats all so far haha. and in a hands on video there is another book that says coming soon so more levels on the way definitely

2. FlyingC

FlyingC Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    wooooo...finally! can;t wait for this to be available

3. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I'm pretty sure they will. They did that with Hitman GO but it was like what 2 extra packs and there hasn't been any additional content since. I really hope the devs get back to adding more new content to Hitman because it's one of my favorite puzzlers of all time. Can never bring myself to delete it from my devices. As for Lara Croft GO, you can count me as one of the insta-buyers tonight. Square Enix is one of the few devs I indubitably support whenever they release a new premium game.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Squeenix Montreal have totally outdone themselves. This just takes what made Hitman GO great and just rolls with it. Absolutely delicious.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    +1 on Hitman Go.

Very curious about this Lara Croft adaptation. Anyone who are already playing it care to post some impression (in words only, no video please as I don't want the puzzles to get spoiled)?

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi y2kmp3, just played the first chapter and its really great and good looking, its very different than Hitman go, its more an adventure with puzzle mechanics, loving it allready.

Just play it, do it ha ha.

And good evening to you to.

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Ah! With such a direct endorsement by Roger-NL, it is an instant buy for me. Always appreciate your expert advice. :)

8. Oh Snaplez

Oh Snaplez Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Are there going to be IAP's, cause if so, im not buying this lol.

9. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    If there is it will more than likely more maps. SE is always fair.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    There is, but not for game progression, as far as I can tell, it's all optional stuff like clues to help solve levels, or costumes.
    Awesome game so far, takes me back to the original, but done in a new way

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really enjoying this more than i expected.

It's a turn-based puzzle adventure game, but has a few elements borrowed from some puzzle-roguelikes like Hoplite in a way that you have to look for the optimal path to take and that every enemy/moving obstacle trying to get you move right after your move.

This is definitely a huge upgrade from Hitman GO. Lara Croft GO is Lara Croft a lot more than Hitman GO is Hitman.

We see lots of familiar maneuvers from previous Tomb Raider titles, a living world compared to Hitman GO's static boardgame presentation, and tons of traps, levers, and pitfalls that would make Indiana Jones proud. There are also small cutscenes like when a boss monster of sorts stalks Lara when you reach certain areas.

In addition, there are breakables around the gameworld you can tap on to gather collectibles which unlock costumes for Lara.

There is IAP, but the one i saw was to purchase cross-franchise costumes (Hitman, Deus Ex, and a third one i cant remember) for Lara. Im assuming the hints can be purchased through IAP as well, but i dont think i'll ever need one as trial and error can be a dependable strategy to tackle the puzzles. Im confident in saying that this is a premium title with no shenanigans hidden.

Controls are amazingly simple yet spot-on. Swipe to a direction you wish to move, tap on switches and levers you are standing with on the spot you occupy, tap anywhere where there are breakables to break them.

With all these mentioned i cant imagine this getting less than 5-stars from me. And that doesnt even include the Lara Croft fanboi in me.

Cheers!

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    TEASE!!!!!! :p

13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  14. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
  15. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    What a super treat! Finally a Lara Croft game I can get down with. Sad to have to delete so much from my 6 Plus tonight. But it's worth it.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a one-time $5 purchase to get puzzle solutions to all of the levels alongside the $2 Squeenix character pack. Both are totally unnecessary. Yes, the game's entirely premium. :)

I would buy this bloody game once a week if I could and totally agree with you. It's nothing less than a 5 star game.

17. Kilgin

Kilgin Member

Jul 11, 2013
    This game looks absolutely great. Does it support cloud save or iCloud sync?

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just finished the game. Short and sweet, just like Monument Valley. Both are excellent games with excellent production values. I like how LCGO has better puzzles than MV, but that is expected since Escher-esque illusions are so much more difficult to create puzzles with.

The second to the last chapter is just purely EPIC. One of my favorite moments in puzzle games that is quite rare for the genre. It's definitely something every gamer who likes puzzles must go through. :)

Despite the short completion time, each minute spent in this game is packed with the highest quality and shiniest polish you can ever find in a mobile game.

Im willing to pay for more content as the game was really good it only left me wanting more.

Really love how an action game (Hitman) translated into a boardgame (Hitman GO), and how that boardgame formula evolved into a more adventure puzzle game in the form of Lara Croft GO.

Highly recommended to those who know real value in their game purchases. Probably not for those who complain about game length yet hasnt finished the majority of their purchases. :D

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I havent tested it, but yes, there is icloud option under settings.

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    How on earth did you finish it already?? I don't know if you have played Furdemption but if yes, how is the difficulty of the puzzles comparing each other? I know these are different games with different gameplay but share some same elements e.g. turn based moves on the board / stage. I think furdemption has a normal difficulty - not very easy but not very difficult. I like puzzles very much. One of my all-time-classic is Beyond Ynth - fantastic game!