Universal Lara Croft GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I figured it out eventually. :) Very cleverly designed puzzle though.

Side note - the game looks beautiful on my shiny new iPad Pro!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #182 Exact-Psience, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Just completed the 2nd level, and the puzzles do seem a lot more challenging than the previous ones.

You know that feeling when a game you 5-starred just released a free update worthy of its own 5-stars?

EDIT: Just hit 4th level. Mechanics keep getting better and better with respawning wildlife.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #183 ROGER-NL, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Gonna play through the whole game again.

Don't need to play through the whole game again I see now, its a stand alone adventure.

4. Just got it myself and I did feel a little silly for not getting it sooner. ;)

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    New mechanics involve around respawning monsters. When they die, they break like glass, and from there you can make use of where they break to either step on switches, buy time to flick switches or pick up a spear, etc. There are puzzles that require you to find a way to prevent them from respawning as well.

6. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    #187 Fep52, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Absolutely stuck on the burnt tree, which is level 3 or 4. New content is awesome, I would have gladly paid for it as an IAP.

Edit: got it! Level 5, what have you got in store for me?

7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    New levels are quite tricky. This game is such a treat!

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I deleted the game once i finished it. Actually the second day after release. Way to short it was. But i was quite confident to see one or two possible extension packs. Well, here it is. Though icloud worked perfectly, i deleted all my progress and gladly start all over again. Specially since this week releases (for me and so far) are the worst of this year.

Thanks Lara/SE for saving me.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Impressive, you two (I assume). I'm still languishing on the first part of level 8, but determined to manage it without succumbing to the temptation of walkthroughs.

Haven't missed a relic yet - it seems to me that they're slightly easier to spot in this expansion than they were in the last set of original levels.

So pleased that iCloud saves were there from the start in this, too. I played right through Hitman GO three times so I could play the new levels.

11. Yeah, I agree. I had a lot more backtracking to do for relics last time. This time they were fairly easy to find.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed with the relics bit between original pack and expansion too. Im on the last few levels, but im prioritizing managing the timers in Marvel Future Fight so that slowed me down with LCGO.

One thing is for sure... LCGO is a must-have to any iOS device user.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Wow! The puzzles are amazing in this expansion pack. Extremely clever, challenging, but without being unfair. I am very glad that SQ decides not to "dumbdown" the puzzle difficulty just for the masses. These new levels truly leverage what could be done with the game's core turn-based mechanics.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ooo that's got me exited to try now I completely forgot about this over the weekend : ( been working so much lately but I loved all of the original content and I'm glad the expansion didn't take too long.

15. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Chapter 5 was really great very clever.

I think this expansion takes longer to complete than the whole original game.

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I just picked this up. I know I'm probably the last person to buy this. I am not a fan of the Lara Croft franchise and wasn't sure this would be for me, but it is absolutely great. Highly recommended for other people on the fence. The one thing I really really really dislike though (and I'm just mentioning it here on the off chance that Square Enix Montreal is reading this thread) is that I get a "buy all puzzle solutions IAP" screen way too often, sometimes even after dying only once in a level. I know the IAP is there, you can remind me twice or so, but please stop after that, it completely gets me out of the flow, it feels like the game is telling me that I really suck and should just buy the solutions instead of figuring them out, I have to wait for the ad to load. It's really a shame in an otherwise lovely game.

17. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

That's weird. Don't think I've ever seen that screen unless I tapped the button by mistake. Sure you're not hitting it with your wrist or something?

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Hmm, could be, I will keep an eye on that, thanks! It does always appear after I failed a level, so it seemed intentional to me, specifically for people who aren't very good at the game, but it's possible that I move my hands a bit when I fail a level and it taps the button.