Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. matteopico

matteopico Active Member

Oct 16, 2015
    I've just unlocked the Chinese zodiac mouse with coins. You just need luck. ;)

2. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    THANK YOU for the first hand confirmation! Now, I don't have to fear I'm wasting coins.

3. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

We've been super duper busy over here working on some prototypes for game #3.

You are actually correct here! There was a bug in the previous build that meant that the zodiac characters were not getting moved into the prize boxes correctly. You can now be able to win the normally with coins again, as confirmed by matteopico!

As it stands right at this moment, the only characters that you cannot win with coins are 8 of the Shrek characters (Shrek Packs), the 12 golden zodiacs (Chinese Zodiac Golden Pack) and the 5 golden devs (must be gifted to you by the devs). Also in the "You have unlocked X/Y characters" dialogue, locked paid characters should never be counted, let me know if that isn't the case, something may have gone awry.

We are always tooling around with stuff and trying out new ideas and changing things around. Things may or may not change in the future with the current exclusive characters, but on the upside right now there are like 180 ish (including gold? I think?) other characters to get for free!

Anyway, back to figuring out game #3. We are definitely aiming for... something with this next one :D

4. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    An ARCHUSB type thing?

5. Randomiser

Randomiser Member

May 3, 2016
  6. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Good to have that crossed off finally. Or not.... I dunno lol.

7. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Fyi.

Attached Files:

• arg.jpg
      arg.jpg
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

We are just getting ready to submit a new update. There will be 11 new characters, plus improvements to the character select screen and a couple of bug fixes. Shrek characters are now winnable in the prize boxes. The new characters are available to buy in packs for cheaper than individual prices, but you also can 100% win them for free as well. Hopefully this works out well for everyone and will be a model we sue more often going forward :)

9. Randomiser

Randomiser Member

May 3, 2016
    Slide the Shakes ARG closure

Thanks to Muscat for keeping us on track and making sure everything was still in place. We got our guy on the scene to check out the location again, and the USB was found.
    So this seems to be the end of StS's involvement in the ARG. If anyone's curious about our progress with other games involved in the ARG you can read about it here or join us here.

I'm interested in seeing what you guys come up with for your next game!

Attached Files:

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Any idea when the update will drop? Thanks!

11. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Update will be out in just under 2 weeks time!

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Phew. Coin banking time in effect. I'll be watching a crap ton of videos hahahahaha!

Billy

13. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    hmmm...

14. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

We have a new build going up in a few days that fixes a couple of issues we have found, especially with the ad providers. We want to try and test this in a couple of different regions with different devices. If you are keen to give the Test Flight a go, hit me up in a DM and I'll send it through in a couple of days. For your troubles I'll hook you up with any character you like + 500 coins :)

Cheers!
    Luke

15. CagCade

CagCade Member

Mar 24, 2012
    It’s been awhile since I’ve played it and decided to give it a go, but alas, it’s not in the App Store anymore. I couldn’t find any news about this travesty too. Anyone know what happened? Was it a casualty of the 32 bit apocalypse?

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    From what I understand, and we asked Prettygreat about it numerous times but they never responded, is that they were bought by Snapchat and now make games exclusively for playing inside the Snapchat app. Subsequently all of their old games, their Youtube channel, etc are all gone now.

17. CagCade

CagCade Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for the info. That’s quite unfortunate how such an amazing game can just vanish. Luckily I found an older version of the game on my old iPhone. I’ll have to keep that ipa safe!