Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. PyrecticFury

PyrecticFury New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Chinese New Year characters

Has anyone else noticed that when you find a new Chinese New Year character, there is always a combination of years right underneath the name. For example I got the horse and the rat today, and underneath both of their names were the numbers 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961. I then looked it up and neither the year of the horse or the year of the rat are on those years. I'm wondering if this is a glitch, typo, or a maybe a clue.

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    The achievement "Unlock the developers" is it a character or something?
    I have above 90 characters unlocked but still haven't seen any developer.

3. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Developers Achievement

For the Developers achievement, here is what you do:

1. Access the Heaven screen (when your character "dies").
    2. Move your character over the Settings button.
    3. Click Credits. You will see buttons for five developers.
    4. Click a button. You will see the developer's page.
    5. Return to the game. You will see the developer's character unlocked.
    6. Repeat steps 3-5 to unlock the characters for the other four developers.

4. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Was able to get the characters but didn't get the achievement. 3 achievements aren't working for me.

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Found all the Lunar characters. Now it gives me the option to buy their gold versions. I was wondering if they can be unlocked from the game or do you need to buy them?

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Somehow I missed the goat. :( Not sure what happened. Was there anything special about unlocking that one?

7. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Every time the monkey starts running, I hear the theme from The Muppet Show. :D

8. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone, sorry been a bit slow responding on here. Very busy for reasons that will become obvious soon!

Ack, thats a shame! We will have a look in the next update at making the achievement system check if you should be awarded and apply them retroactively.

After the event is over (Chinese New Year lasts quite a while!) these characters will become available to unlock in the usual way. Same goes for any normal characters you may have missed :)

In the next couple of days I am going to start sorting through all the ARG survey responses as well and will keep you posted.

9. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks for the response. I hope achievements get fixed soon. Also as you are saying will we have to unlock Chinese characters again after the update?

10. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that he said that any Chinese characters that you didn't find during the Chinese New Year portion will get "tossed in the boxes" and be available to be unlocked the same way that the usual characters are found. Which is good news.

Also, I only figured this out a couple of days ago. In the 'Heaven' screen, on the Event pad for the Chinese New Year event, the screen shows (1) color images of the characters you have, (2) keyholes of the characters you can't get right now, and (this is the important part) (3) question marks, which show the characters that can be found right now. If you see question marks, play for maybe 15 minutes or so, and you should find that character. If you don't see any question marks, check again later, because you won't be unlocking any Chinese characters at the moment.

11. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I already figured out the third part that's why I was able to get all the characters. They did the same thibgs on Christmas too.

12. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yep exactly :)

13. Vacthok

Vacthok Active Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Heads up! If you took part in the ARG (and sent in the survey response), check your email! There's something fun waiting there!

/excited for the next update

Attached Files:

14. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I know, right! The email had some very exciting things.

15. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So what's in the email?

16. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    exciting things :p

17. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

Obviously been super busy leading up to the launch of Slide The Shakes coming up. It's very close now, but if you JUST CAN'T WAIT...

X7RAFAYA34MA
    RW6YX7EYF9E6
    MWX9KMK3KLRR
    KKKRHMHJREAM
    HW7WX9YYEY6F
    NL7YL3JWH6TM
    MEKEJJK47WTF
    PM9YYXJET37N

This doesn't mean we have stopped work on Land Sliders however! We are working hard on 1.5 right now :)

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #1478 LordShad0wz, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Muscat!!!!!!

Thank you! I've redeemed the following code:

NL7YL3JWH6TM

It's downloading now. I will leave a detailed review here when I see the games thread pop up.

Edit- I've already started posting my new shakes to Twitter haha!
    Billy

19. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #1479 slamraman, Feb 24, 2016
    Wow - just grabbed the PM9 code after a Wayward Souls session. Top man, Muscat.

Edit: 15 levels in and time for my bed but it's simply brilliant. Simple concept but plays like a charm. Not too sure if I can pay yet in some way, but I'm sure it's become clear in the morning. Kinda like Desert Golfing but less punk rock.

20. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #1480 Jerutix, Feb 24, 2016
    Couldn't wait. :D Took HW7WX9YYEY6F

Thanks! Looking forward to Land Sliders 1.5!

Edit: Initial impressions - Slide the Shakes is a lot of fun! It's better than I expected from the initial preview. This kind of reminds me of a really streamlined version of the slingshot mechanic in Angry Birds. It's familiar, but really satisfying. No messing with angles, really quick retrying, and great visuals. Definitely worth playing!