Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok there's a problem possibly?

I had 11,000 coins. I have the update. I now have 5,000 coins left.

I have not gotten one of the new characters. I've gotten two golden characters. I even got a gold Santa. But the prize box will not give me any of the new characters. 6000 coins and nothing.

Billy

2. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

The monkey is great! I'm pretty sure they will keep it! I just unlocked the Pig and the LionDancers! Both are nice too! You can notice how close Prettygreat works with Hipster Whale since they are invested in PrettyGreat!

3. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Looks like all of the new characters except for the Bitcoin billionaire are unlocked from the event.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ahhhhhh I hadn't noticed. I was just excited for the new characters. Usually I make one purchase and use coins for the rest. But I had so many coins I just went for it lol

To the event then!

Billy

5. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    This raises a good point however. We should update the unlocked status text on those screens dynamically to represent how many can actually be unlocked by spending coins. Will have to do that in the next update, those screens got made before we ever had any events, so I can see how the design of them is a bit out of date now :)

Also, super glad people like the Golden Monkey! We are big fans here as well, especially trying to herd a monkey into a Yeti and then crossing fingers for a bomb drop...

6. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    that scared the crap outta me the first time lol! thought they were special treats and then BOOM!

I was a little disappointed that when you slide into a drum, it doesn't go bong :(

7. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

After the update I found a gold vampire in my characters, though I don't remember unlocking him.

8. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Same here! Also, has anyone found the second day Zodiac animal?

9. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I just started playing the update today; if I missed out on the first zodiac animal, can I still unlock him later?

10. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, I'm concerned that there will be an "only available one night at 3 am" animal.

11. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    No. Just found the cow.

12. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    First day lasted a tad longer than 24 hours because we released the app a few hours early :)

Yep, quite a few people are reporting getting the golden vampire... Oops. I mean, FREE CHARACTER! :cool:

13. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Solid save. :D

14. Cactuario

Cactuario Active Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Just got the rat! :) But its years were wrong--it said 1985 and 1961, but should be 1984 and 1960. Super minor, but jumped out at me because I'm a Rat.

15. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Got the rat an hourish ago, then got the snake about 5 minutes ago. I guess it's a time one? Someone else said the cow, so maybe it's a time one, too?

16. Jabbawingo

Jabbawingo Active Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #1456 Jabbawingo, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Wha?! I only got the pig with the update, nothing since. I've been collecting the red envelopes, but haven't got 50 yet. is that how you guys have been getting the other chinese new year characters?

edit: of course the next game i play i see how you get the new character lol!

17. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    #1457 frisbee10461, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Status

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

Since the update, this is what I have acquired:

8/12 new characters for the Chinese New Year:

*Rat
    *Tiger
    *Rabbit
    *Dragon
    *Snake
    *Monkey
    *Pig
    *Horse

Bitcoin Billionaire

I also have the Lion Dancers character [for me, collecting the 50 red envelopers was a bit of a grind, but nothing overwhelming]

Lastly, I have both the Lion Dancers and Vampire characters in gold.

I still have to get the following characters:

*Ox
    *Goat
    *Rooster
    **Dog

Thanks,
    frisbee10461

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I was wondering are some of the achievements broken? Like reach level 9 and reach level 3 without alerting any enemies.
    Also what does it means to start a REAL adventure?

19. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Real Adventure Achievement

For the individual who asked about the Real Adventure achievement, here is what you do:

The code for the puzzle was extracted from a handful of hidden USB devices hidden all around the world by the folks working on the game.

The puzzle looks like a sun. Stand in the middle for a few seconds and a number pad will pop up.

Code: 9-9-8-4-7-5-7-3-4-2

The 5 is the one with 5 triangles, etc The clues change each time. If you see 2 triangles, that means 2. If you something that looks like a backwards 4, that's a 4. Etc.

Solving the puzzle will unlock the achievement.

20. Vacthok

Vacthok Active Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I think you are getting the Coin Level puzzle mixed up with the Keycode Pad? The Keycode Pad is the
    big white "sun-like" symbol that puts up a 9-"digit" keypad when you stand on the center for a few seconds
    . The Coin Level puzzle is the
    pad with six buttons showing a mix of intersecting shapes and numbers that when stepped on in the correct order will open a red jump pad that leads to a bonus level full of coins

To reiterate, solving the Keypad puzzle
    by entering the code mentioned in the spoiler tags above
    will get you the "Go on a REAL adventure" achievement. Solving the Coin Level puzzle
    by standing on the buttons in the indicated order following the number of lines/number of closed shapes/number written
    will take you to a bonus level full of coins.

(Incidentally, the last time I encountered the Keypad symbol, I stood on it with the new Tiger character, but was unable to trigger the keypad. Is this a bug? Or maybe a sign that the keypad is getting changed out now that the ARG is over?)