Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    The map generator has tricked me some times, making some maps where it's impossible to reach the end. It places the "purple elevator" on an unreachable place, generally too far from the land where you stand in a way that you can't make it above the abyss, as fast as you may swipe.

I though I was noobing the first time it happened, but then it happened twice again. The last I swiped really wildly just to make sure, but there was no way! LOL

2. Felipe MGaia

Aug 7, 2013
    Here you go! It's not very impressive on a static image, for the effect keeps changing the distortion, like if you were seeing the area around you through moving water. But you can have a guess of how it works by taking a look at how it is "pulling" the next level button, the tree and the fence, it's interesting. The character itself isn't all that cool, though, as it is... well... just a plain black hole hehe.

landsliders_blackhole.png

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Adore the game- best free game ever, honestly- but it does crash if one if the numerous enemies jumps onto the next level pad with you (without touching you). It can be annoying when you're knee-deep in the middle of a great run.

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Just came here to report the same. I had two (not touching) turtles on my pad. This was my first crash ever.

Another (the only) very annoying issue i have is the "quest completed" pop-up during a run.
    I was chased by the whole bunch, incl. the cloudspider, then i saw the red pad right after the pop-up disappeared and luckily the poposaur jumped over me. The first time only to reach level 9 after countless play throughs.

GOTW

5. Berslythe

Berslythe New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    #85 Berslythe, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Found another set of coordinates, leads to 4 Wendouree Parade, Lake Wendouree VIC 3350, Australia.

Edit: Unrelated, but I just found out you can unlock each of the four developer characters by going to Settings -> Credits -> Tap each of their twitter handles

Attached Files:

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow good looking out! I love the guy in the rolling chair that eats hamburgers. It's so me!

Billy

7. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I thought i would love this game, however this game is not pretty and not great, sorry but as all my post shows i really freak of controls and when controls are bad, no matter how much the game is beautiful and has a great concept it's all about how it's execute

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    How are they bad?

Billy

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    What device are you on? The controls are incredibly responsive for me. Some of the best in recent memory. I had to switch to reverse controls (needed the character to move the same way as my swipe), but I've never felt like there was an issue.

10. rza422

rza422 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Thanks for solving that one!

11. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Did the guy with 10,000 points cheat or discover something?

12. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

We are super thrilled that so many of you are loving the game. Just to answer a few questions:

Nice find. We have fixed this for update 1.1 which we will be submitting this week, along with a whole host of other great fixes and new content :)

I'm gonna say probably, yes. iTunes Connect literally just changed so I can't find how to manage the leaderboards anymore! Will get on this ASAP.

We actually do have and support iCloud! Strange that it isn't working for you.
    If any of you are interested in joining the TestFlight for upcoming updates to the game let me know in a DM. It would be especially helpful if you are having problems with the game, because we will then be able to resolve the issue for you and anyone else having the same problem!

Cheers!

13. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Thanks for playing everyone!

Nothing has been solved...

14. Felipe MGaia

Aug 7, 2013
    Haha there must be something more to all these real-world coordinates!

I just found these ones (and died when screenshoting ¬¬) that point to a place in Texas called Eastern Hills Park. Google Street doesn't allow me to get to the specific point.

It says "on the tree", maybe they've placed something there? I need something in SP-Brazil, guys, there's no way I'm travelling to the US just to solve the puzzle hahaha.

Attached Files:

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #95 LordShad0wz, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Where are the iCloud settings or is it automatic? I just see a restore purchase button. Thank you for a fun and unique game!

I want to say thank you for the non forced ads that reward you coins. I don't mind these at all since it's my choice. I had been watching a ton of ads to give you guys some revenue and I purchased 2 characters.

Billy

16. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    HOLY F.......i decided to try it again and figured that the iCloud data would download automatically and restore after the tutorial of the game! this game is such a masterpiece

17. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for your support, we really appreciate it :)

iCloud is automatic. It won't apply the changes until you die and are in heaven, so if you jump in and play for a bit, you should see a little toast pop down saying "Data Downloaded".

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #98 LordShad0wz, Sep 28, 2015
    I really love the tornado and black hole characters. I purchased them. My next favorite is the RPG hero. I would have bought that first but I won that from my first coin pull. I kid you not!

Also what I like and sincerely appreciate is the fact that I max leveled the RPG hero. With most games, when you max out a character they will try to force you to use other characters, even some you may not like. They make it so that you get little to no benefit from the character you maxed. That's not so in land sliders. And that's one of the things that sets the game apart and makes it unique. Not only do I get extra coins while playing but I get 25 coins for every 500 exp. really really cool. You guys have really done a great job. You can see the experience your team has. I'm very happy to throw you my money.

I have only 2 suggestions.

1) is it feasible to put a sensitivity slider in the options and pause menu? I would like to increase the sensitivity to make my swipes much shorter. This would make things perfect for me.

2) obviously add more characters BUT please add a way to do more than one coin pull without having to go all the way back to the main screen. Sometimes I'll have several hundred coins from watching an ad and getting a free gift and leveling all at once hehe

That's it for now. Thanks again for a really fun game and coming on Touch Arcade to interact with the community. I know it's not always easy to do that. Take care! I can't wait to see what you people come up with next. Whoever came up with that damn dinosaur on a pogo stick is an ahole. Hahaha

Definitely count me in on any alpha or beta lol

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    For anyone interested here is the Tornado! It has a cool fire effect!

Billy

Attached Files:

20. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    #100 PrettygreatPhil, Sep 28, 2015