Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Oh, that's a different type of puzzle than I have. What's the button look like that you step on to get that screen?

2. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Just came into a room with some kind of random event. A giant, white, Cthulhu-type creature that took up nearly half the screen rose from the dead and chased me.

3. pimago

pimago Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Gorgeous low poly visuals on this one. The first few minutes were a bit perplexing as the controls feel weird to me. Fortunately, the tutorial eased me in, otherwise it would've been a swift uninstall there.

Like others have reported, the device gets hot after a while. In my case, it could just be due to an aging iPad 4 which had to work extra hard to churn out the graphics. Personally, I don't see that as a reason for the devs to update the game though.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Seems like a lot of hidden stuff in this game thrown in randomly. I love it!

I hope the devs come by here sometime but I'd love a low FPS mode or something. The battery drain is real in this game. My device gets hot after 10 minutes or so with a noticable battery loss. Games like Furdemption have low FPS options and they're amazing. No more hot devices, saved battery, and I don't even notice the difference when playing.

5. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone!

Thanks SO MUCH for all the kind words so far, we are really really glad you are digging it <3

We will be around checking out the thread, but might be a bit spotty with replies for the next few days, on account of we all have to go die of exhaustion :)

Also we already have heaps of cool stuff in the works in the form of sweet updates. Update #1 is kick ass and I can't wait to share!

6. RichardKerr

RichardKerr Member

Sep 24, 2015
    England
    Sore fingers

The same here!

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Cannot put this game down but my fear is that it won't hold me long term....and I want it to.

As much fun as it is working to unlock different characters, it would be better if they had different abilities and if upgrades changed the way they play.

Still giving huge props to the guys at Prettygreat as this is very well done.

8. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    This. Like captain can stay on the water more than others. I want some destruction in game too. Tornado can do that.

BTW How can I hit bear's back (quest) ? They are too quick. One more thing is there any way to defeat cactus?

9. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Got some Spelunky in there.

10. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    It really should run a little better. I have an iPad air 2 and the framerate struggles. Fun game though. The stress when something is chasing you is real

11. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    You went full kool aid man, bruh. Never go full kool aid man.

Is there a way to attack? I could've sworn I seen some enemies hp go down, or maybe it wasn't full to start with? Eh.....

12. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    This game is pretty great :) I instantly threw them a dollar to get the RPG character

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #53 grits, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    I agree there must be some way to optimize this game to run smoother. It's so good though! And exceedingly difficult!

14. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Love it! RPG is absolutely one of my favourites.

15. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
  16. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    This game is so hard! I can't even get past stage 4

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to say that Wacky Tube Man is the best character in this game :)

18. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Jesus Christ this game is SO CUTE and addictive , however why is every nice game like this doesn't support iCloud?
    Crosby road / pax man and now this, is there any problem with you indie developer ? supporting iCloud really is that hard for you ?!

19. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Just played it for around 40 minutes. It's an entertaining game!

The control mechanic is really smooth and intuitive for any mobile user, feels good to play and it's very refreshing. It makes me wonder: how come no one thought of this before?!? Scrolling/swiping is one of the most basic actions any mobile user must master to use a phone, and it has been like this since smartphones were invented!

The difficulty is good, not being overly hard nor too stupidly easy. It (almost) always feels like your failures were caused by your own fault and then you wanna play again to make up for your stupid mistake haha.

Another highlight for me is the random map generation, which reminds me of the awesome Toejam & Earl (Anyone there knows this one? Yeah, I'm getting old). The map layouts that were generated on my plays worked well and it was exciting when I found something new upon arriving on a new "island", though that wasn't happening as often as I'd like to.

I'm not sure if this will become a personal favorite of mine, for I have the feeling that its infinite Crossy Road- like loop won't have much to offer me after some time, besides unlocking a ton of different characters - which has its own flavor, sure, but doesn't do much to solve the repetitive nature of the game. I'll give it a few more tries before I draw my final conclusion, which will depend on what new surpring and random stuff the maps are gonna bring me (if any).

20. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    haven't unlocked any character yet...by choice!! Is there a highscore per character as you have to collect different things?? What does the stars level below you character do?

Great great game :)