Universal Land Sliders (by Prettygreat) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Elunix

Elunix Member

Jan 26, 2015
    I'm absolutely in love with this game. The production value, the effort that no doubt went into it, the unique gameplay, the replayability, the sounds and music, it's all wonderful. This is probably going to be in my top 5 mobile games of all time. Simply beautiful.

2. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    Love love love love this game. So much fun & incredibly beautiful - insanely creative

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You need to push it in order: 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1
    The 5 is the one with 5 triangles, etc.

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #24 grits, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    This is like Toejam and Earl x Roguelike. Pretty great and with a sick level of polish. Well done! I don't think they should allow switching of controls, since that's the basis for the whole idea...but whatever :)

Anyone know what 'reduce motion' does in the options?

5. beasstt

beasstt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Fun game. Only thing I would change is to take away the possibility of unboxing a character you already own. It’s a waste of 100 coins! Or at least let me do something with the duplicate character. Maybe make the character able to withstand more than one hit when you get a duplicate. I don’t know, something!

6. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    good idea, I was disappointed because I didn't know I would end up with the same character again from the lottery box

7. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    you know. it's pointless to even ask right?

8. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This is different each time. My 5 was the number, for instance, and I had 3 triangles for my 3, 1 triangle for my 1, etc. So the clues change each time.

9. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Ahh even better :D

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    This game isn't even featured in the Best New Games section for this week.. Wtf? :')

11. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Really like it and I would love to support them with some IAP like coin-doubler. But I didn't see any.

12. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    This game is pretty great (if you know what I mean) ;D

13. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Love this game so much, it just lags a lot on my iPod touch 5.

14. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Could use more than one song and maybe weather effects. I could see it getting monotonous otherwise. Loving it so far though.

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Ok i feel a little dumb but how the hell am i supposed to know which is which? Gonna upload photo just a min

16. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Puzzle solving, yo. If you see 2 triangles, that means 2. If you something that looks like a backwards 4, that's a 4. Etc.

17. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    This is a cool game & a great free model but I still wish I would buy out of the video for coins coming up.

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    *EXPLODING THROUGH BRICK WALL*
    Toejam and Earl WAS a Roguelike damn it

Well that's all I have to say really.

19. sakara

sakara Member

Oct 5, 2010
    This is my pc account uploading picture right now cause from my other account in iPhone i could not.
    IMG_5587.PNG
    Now please give me a hint how and why should i guess numbers? I have no hints?

20. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This is such a fun little game and it definitely has that "just one more go" vibe which keeps me playing longer. The art, the controls, the freemium model (e.g. not forcing you to watch ads, but providing you with rewards if you do) is really fantastic.

If I have one tiny negative is that my 5S gets pretty hot while I play and it seems like a bit of a battery hog, which makes the gameplay lag just a bit. This could be a memory issue with my device of course, or the game might just need a bit of optimizing (slow-down seems to happen on levels with a lot of stuff going on). I'll restart my iPhone and see if it gets better, but wondered if folks with lower-spec devices see the same thing -- I noted a similar comment from an iPod Touch user above.