Lack of good zombie games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RobCRX, Aug 2, 2009.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Understood. Some of the games are crap, and some devs think if you put "zombie" in the title it will be an instant hit. The sad thing is they're not far off. But, there are some decent to good ones out there.

2. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I agree, alot of the games have the potential to be good, but I don't think the potential is going to be realized.

3. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Jun 6, 2009
    7DA does have very good controls i will say. Its definitely a solid game, there was just something about it that didn't grab me.

zombieville... meh, I really dont see the appeal. The graphics intrigued me at first, but when I realized how limited the game was, I just found myself not really wanting to play much.

Our upcoming game, while from a FPS viewpoint, won't be a typical fps bc I agree... fps controls on the iphone are lacking. the precision will probably never be there if you are moving AND shooting...

That being said, basically the premise of our game Trigger Happy is based on defense, so you have a 360 degree view, but are immobile (hold your skepticism! its nothing like surroundead). There are over 30 abilities and weapons in which you buy, upgrade, and place into one of 6 "ability slots". During game, you will constantly be switching between weapons and abilities, defending from multiple angles.

The cool part about our game I think is that there is a lot of depth and nuance that really make the game fun and enjoyable, despite a static position, and it adds a layer of strategy in how you use your abilities. I wasn't a fan of surroundead bc it was just turn and shoot... done.

For example we've got 10+ enemy types with different skills and abilities (a leaper that jumps 20 ft in the air, a stalker that can teleport, giants, brain zombies that emit a protection aura until they are killed), armor zombies that defend lesser zombies behind them, etc... all of which require different tactics and abilities to defeat. also, though you are in a static position, we have 20+ fully rendered levels (with actual story), so the scenery will change often and quickly. The abilities include things like knockdown attacks, pushback attacks, explosive shells, "bait" which groups enemies together for easy kills, armor upgrades, weapon upgrades, smoke grenades, etc...

4. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    [​IMG]

Someone cloned John Gore and now there's zombie invasion in Hardland! But don't worry guys, we have hired a famous zombie hunter!

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The Zombieville guy.

6. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    When people start a new thread, generally they are looking for a back-and-forth dialogue on a topic. You've pretty much shot down all the comments from other posters.
    If all you want to do is rant, why start a thread?
    Maybe you should just sit in a corner and cry. :rolleyes:

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  8. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
  9. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    zombie mode in next update?

10. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
  11. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    This topic is my corner, and my rants represent my crying ;)

12. Meridian

Meridian Well-Known Member

Zombies shooting game:ALIVE 4-EVER

When you are surrounded by hundreds and thousands of zombies, would you insist of rescuing others or would you rather save yourself to live longer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EujUNrm7qbc

Alive 4-ever is a zombies-shooting game, with which players have a selection of 4 main characters coming from different backgrounds, trying to rescue hopeless survivors from a small town that was attacked by an unknown deadly virus which turned dead people into zombies.

Compared with the traditional zombies games, Alive 4-ever uses a more stimulating effect to create a thrilling ambience for the players to fully experience the different kinds of audio and visual effects. Besides the shooting component, Alive 4-ever has added other different elements like rescuing survivors and searching for vaccines, which highly increased the longevity of the game. Moreover, Alive 4-ever has fully utilized the Bluetooth function with the new OS 3.0 of iPhone (limited to iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G), which allows a maximum of 4 players to have fun and play simultaneously.

Attached Files:

13. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Both of those look really good, especially the ragdoll :D

15. harvardzero

harvardzero New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Ad
    LA
    This looks great cant wait!:D

16. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    Might I ask what the name of this game is?
    Oh, and Zombie Mangle did come out, but it was turned into AlienMangle.

17. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Isn't it ironic this game was announced 7 days after the 'There are no good zombie game' thread was made?

It's almost like a form of promoting the game... :rolleyes:

18. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Is it a 7 day apocalypse?