iPhone Labyrinth 2 HD - by Illusion Labs (v1.4 iPad2 anti-aliasing support)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    and one of the best here for sure :)

2. Miti96

Miti96 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Definitely :D

3. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    #43 eXistenT, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    did you got your ipad ,Anders ?

4. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Oh my god, I would buy an iPad just for this game, I have the itouch version and it's amazing! I am a hardcore labyrinth gamer since labyrinth 1.... I really wish I had an ipad:(

5. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Want this game so bad

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    i had initially thought that the iPhone versions tilt control were too sensitive, but now i feel that the iPad version isn't sensitive enough. the ball responds msuch more slowly, with the size of the iPad i thought the tilt should just as sensitive as the iPhone version. I always run into holes and bumpers because i don't tilt enough and don't slow th ball down in time. if I want it to roll quickly i have to tilt the big iPad all over the place. :(

7. antispin

antispin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Editor, tech and gaming websites
    I was wondering this after I saw some videos of the iPhone version -- how will it play on the bigger iPad. Maybe it felt less sensitive because the iPad is heavier? Thus more force when compared to the iPhone/Pod version is needed, and if your muscles are used to applying X amount of force, then the game feels less sensitive. Is there a sensitivity option?

8. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Haha lol :p Thanks guys.

Yup, got it last week. It's super awesome, and you don't really realize what all the fuss is about until you get your hands on one.

It has the same sensitivity, but it may feel less sensitive due the larger board perhaps? Perhaps it needs to be upped a little bit, we'll experiment some and see what we think.

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep! :D

I agree!

Regards,
    Sascha

10. antispin

antispin Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Editor, tech and gaming websites
    My theory is that it might feel less sensitive because you are applying the same force to a heavier product. Muscle memory thingy. So you are not moving the board as much... What say you, good sir?

Fake edit: I think you said pretty much the same thing :p

11. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    oh wow really?
    it didn't feel that way :eek:
    my apologies then
    I geuess it is because the iPad is so much larger, I heard other people also saying it felt different

12. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    one more thing with the merry go rounds though
    when i try to roll off one, when the ball reaches the edge it gets stuck there (sort of like if it we're a dent in the board) and if i don't tilt enough then the ball just keeps spinning in circles

13. YouAllEverybody

YouAllEverybody Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I'm having a far less enjoyable time with the iPad version that the iPhone I'm afraid :(
    levels could always be frustrating on the iPhone version but they would be challenges
    but with the iPad I feel the ball responds much more slowly and it makes the Hard levels annoying to finish because I have such a hard time getting the ball where I want it to go. :(
    sure hope you can add some sort of sensitivity option in an update :)

14. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    should I still get it? or should I wait for an update:confused:

15. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that "ridge" is intentional. Could be there to keep the ball from being smacked off by the fins, or to provide the centripetal force.

Why ask? There's a free trial version. I find it controls perfectly, myself.

16. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    That part of the code is exactly the same, so maybe it feels less sensitive. I'll look into it this afternoon and see if it is better if we increase it a little over the iPhone. If we change it, we will probably have to add an sensitivity option with two options because a lot of people are probably used to what it is set now. Many people say in reviews that it feels just right too. Hard to please everyone.

Again, that should be the same as on iPhone/iPod, but I'll do some investigation.

Cheers!

17. Miti96

Miti96 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Anders, those iPad levels seem so AWESOME. Just total awesomness.
    And I don't have an iPad.

Can't you make an option for the iPhone/iPod Touch version to run the iPad levels zoomed out? I'd even gladly pay a few bucks for it.

18. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Yeah they are pretty sweet! Don't think we'll add an option for that, sorry. It's better if you can see the whole board, we did some early experiments with that when we started doing L2 for iPhone and it wasn't that good.

19. Miti96

Miti96 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    The Netherlands
    I know you need to see the whole board, but I meant so every object is just a little bit smaller. Or add both options.

Man, I'm dying to play those iPad levels.

20. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    gah some levels are unplayable for me because of how much I'd have to tilt the iPad to stop the ball (such as the Good Luck level pack). I can't slow the ball down