Universal Kung Fu Monk - Director's Cut (by Easy 8 Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I would agree with Jetiet, animations could use some work, but could be the dev trying to replicate that '80's feel and look. Reminds me of the first game, but more, can't place my finger on it but as more time invested will leave more.

2. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I played the original any chance u can pm a promo code as well? Will post impressions

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    No problem.

I'm particularly looking forward to hearing from someone that completed the 2011 original and/or someone that reaches the palace levels in Kung Fu Monk - Director's Cut. If anyone gets stuck, just let me know and I can provide tips or sample playthrough of any given stage.

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    A huge thank to the dev for the code! Now here are my impressions: the game is nice, I love the concept and all the moves, reminds me of karateka in a way. The artwork is fine to me, not the best looking game but it does the job. Unfortunately the gameplay isn't perfect yet, the controls feel a bit unresponsive once in a while and it's hard to do some moves. I think if they game was more polished (especially the gameplay) this game would be very enjoyable, so hopefully the dev will fix all the small issues

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I'm open to support for alternate controls (beyond current MFI and virtual dpad), but given that I can complete the game without dying, I'm not in a good position to guess what would help folk like djstout out. What moves are hard to do?

A stat: of the current 2,466 Game Center players, presently only 12 have managed to complete the first quest.

2nd quest has the player controlling the princess.