Universal Krosmaga (by Ankama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 28, 2017.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #21 LordGek, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Does anybody get how the Infinity cards work? While I understand the basic concept, that they gain experience from being used and can evolve into bigger and badder cards, it isn't at all clear to me how this works.

Is it merely playing them at some point in a match, or is it crucial I win the match to earn anything? Is it just a flat rate per game they were involved in or does using the Infinity minion to kill some enemy units count for more than simply playing it?

What happens to minions that come off the board after clearing a dofus? Do they go to the discard pile, the player's deck, or back to the owning player's hand?

2. triptych

triptych Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    The text on a phone is microscopic ...

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I downloaded this twice on my Air with the latest iOS under the hood and it crashed both times upon launch. My device is not jailbroken and I have about 6Gb free, so I'm not sure what's causing this despite warm refreshes. Deleted.

4. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #24 JohnnyClash, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Same here, don't feel bad. Air 2, latest OS...

Edited : Well, it looks to be letting me in now..

5. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Air 2, older iOS. Works without issues.
    So far has me hooked.
    Intriguing, fun.

I like it.

6. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    #26 gonif, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    I only had two before I had to stop playing (waiting for bug fixes), so my experience is limited. Infinities gain XP when they're played in game. Simply having them in your deck isn't enough; you have to draw and use them before the match ends. How much XP the card receives seems to depend upon how much it hurts your enemy (i.e. how long it stays in play). You should see a (VERY!) little +# floater on the character, IIRC.

Honestly, the amount of XP a card receives is rather paltry (less than 10 per match, for me). You can spend gold to raise a card by 100 xp, which makes the game even more of a pay-to-win disappointment.

Oh, and the card goes to your discard pile, like any other. At least, the two I have do.

Additional: Infinity cards do NOT gain any XP when used in *training* matches. However, it appears that, even if you lose a match, infinity cards still gain the XP they earned while in play.

7. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Nah, we'd know. He'd rant at the drop of a hat. We can smell our own. ;P

8. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #28 LordGek, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Sorry if unclear, I was mixing 2 topics. I wasn't asking where Infinity cards go when defeated, but where ANY minion who crosses all the way to the other side goes, and I think I caught it this time. It looks like minions who walk off the board on your opponent's side are shuffled back into your draw deck (as they clearly are not added to the discard pile and I swear I saw some brief animation by the draw pile the second my minion walked off the board on the other side).

9. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Sooo, game is buggy. The site support service is designed by Satan himself.
    Lost my account tried log in. Denied.
    Log onto site, works, go to customer service. Again log in (create) account done. Submit report, forces stupid personal info, but okay done. Then sends an email, but does not submit the report, even tells you so. You then go to your email, click on a link and only to be forced to created another account with different password(and warns you about this) then will submitt, but ohh wait can't submit it from phone that does not have cookies enabled. What the F***

10. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    even i dont like card games on appstore this one has some very nice game graphics and characters are very nice designed.
    for those who like card games this would be a nice game release

11. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Great card game

Playing on PC is much better though, but playing on the go is always a bonus :)

12. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Ran accross another problem hopefully someone knows a work around. Started again, now want to link to the previously created account but cant the only option it gives is create an account.

13. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    How do i play against my friend in the same room?

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I've become so spoiled by many of the current CCGs including auto-deck builders since I'm just not seeing possibilities with my slim 7 boosters or so in and all classes unlocked. I'm also annoyed I can't even pull my favorite trick of loading a class' starter deck and then making minor changes with my new cards. It would appear that if you make a custom deck it is totally from scratch unless modifying a custom deck you've already made.

15. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Ack, good to know will hold off on starter pack.

16. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah, I've been struggling to make do with the starting cards as well. I don't know if I've ever played a CCG that starts you off this bare bones and is such a grind to build up a minimally decent deck.

Also, they really could cut player turn time limits in half and they would still be more than long enough. Matches are long enough without waiting an extra chunk of time because someone forgot to push pass turn. I really don't get the purpose of the fake dofuses as they just lengthen the matches and often reduce victories to blind luck.

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    If any fellow newbies are looking for a sparring partner, let me know. I'm LordGek2 (somehow my initial attempt at an account's confirmation email refused to go through).

18. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    And if you like it, why you give only 1 star?

I use Air 2 , iOS 10.0.2.
    The game works very well!
    I like it!

19. Radie

Radie Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I'm getting REALLY sick of this... Why does Apple bother making app developers lost the size if they can just inflate it to whatever they want as a secondary DL.

I know.. I know... Someone is going to come along and say that it doesn't matter... But it certainly does to people with a 16 (really 11.8) GB phone.

20. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Then get a bigger phone. I don't get why people buy such low gbs On a phone. Case solved.