iPad Kroll price drop!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CloneWars, Oct 29, 2008.

1. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
  2. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    I'm sure the price drop was needed because the reviews were only so-so. Many people thought the gameplay was average at best.

3. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I don't have Kroll, and I probably wouldn't get it for 8 bucks, but is it worth 5?

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Now it's only overpriced by $4

5. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Hahhaaa loll. That bad eh'

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Based on the reviews, I'd buy it for $2.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Honestly, it'd probably be worth a couple dollars. I'm impressed with the graphics, but I know the game would get old fast and I'd never play it again.

8. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yeaaa ive bought way too many fo those games Grrrrr

9. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I bought it at full price and I do not feel betrayed by the price drop, which means that I really enjoy the game. The gameplay is ok for me, because I don't like fighting games where I have to remember 20 different combination for different moves. The graphics are absolutely amazing!

10. Sammy1995

Sammy1995 Active Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I enjoyed Kroll lots, and bought it at full price. The graphics are incredible and the gameplay is simple but fun. I woul,d definatley recommend buying it.

It does slightly worry me though that all these developers are dropping their prices, it may cause them to not develop more games. Digital Legends already said that they were planning a Kroll Sequal for iPhone, but with bad sales and now price drops, they may rethink the idea.

11. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Kroll may look pretty but all you do is tap a button over and over again and because of that 2$ seems reasonable.

12. Yep, simple games require a simple price- cheap!

13. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

In the case of Kroll, the AppStore is not responsible for the price drop or low sales numbers. They just broke it by themselves with setting the goal very high with presenting a version of Kroll to the public, which just had much more gameplay than the version, they released. If this would not be the case, most of us would see Kroll as a nice fighting game with great graphics and love it.

The same with Clusterball: We wanted the real Clusterball, they gave some mini version of it to us.

And of course Urban Tycoon: Presented as a Sim City / *-Tycoon clone to us while bearing not much more gameplay than this lemonade thing from the Apple 2.

The AppStore is responsible for many many bad things, but in these cases, the devs broke it.

14. j0enne

j0enne Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Kroll is now only .99 :eek:

15. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    $1. just bought it!!

16. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I'll pass even it it's 1$. HoS is good enough :cool:

17. Wow, I forgot all about this game. I remember wanting this when I first got my iPhone. I'll be flying out to New York tomorrow morning so I'll be picking this up for my 6 hour flight :p

18. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    $1...yeah that's about how much it's worth. The only reason why it could be priced so high early on was because it had the best graphics in the app store. The game was repetitive and boring though, I just beat it because I payed a premium price for it and I didn't want the money to go to waste.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It doesn't look that appealing to me at all. Not even for a buck...

20. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    extremely solid value for 1$ if you compare it to the other crap you sometimes get for one dollar.

certainly a more than fair price and if you don't have it i wouldn't hesitate. gameplay is not really fancy but its entertaining as long as it lasts.