Konami's "Jubeat Plus" - touch-screen evolution of the bemani arcade games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GDSage, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Today IS the 8th in the US. It has all day to release to not be considered a delay.

2. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    #22 Maythius, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    It's not going to be released any time soon. One of the main reasons being the music, because not all the music in the Japanese version is licensed for U.S. release.

Guys I think someone needs to write to the Konami Touch team, and asked if it's going to be released in the U.S. If not we will have to put together a petition, this must NOT see the same fate as Taiko Drum Master!

3. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    Where do you have the evidence that their in-house music (which is all that is on the game) isn't licensed for the U.S.? They could just be working on translation.

4. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    #24 Maythius, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    A lot of the music used for Jubeat isn't "in-house," but songs from popular artists from Japan; just like taiko drum master. When music isn't in-house it costs a substantial amount of money to bring it over seas.

-Not to mention even if all the songs in the current version where usable for US release Konami Touch America won't use them, because they have this stupid mentality that J-pop will hurt the sales in the US app store.

5. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Still, there are two versions of DDR available in the app store, and they have songs from popular J-pop artists right?

Anyway, I completely agree with your second remark. It's a shame, really. Where can I sign a petition or anything?

6. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    Then release a version of Jubeat that only includes Konami originals. This game would sell better than Dance Masters anyway and that game has plenty of licensed songs.

7. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I guess an iPhone release is shelved :(. I was really hoping for this game to come out "this fall" as the original press release for the iPhone stated. /sadface

8. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've already purchased this on the JP store and all the DLC (back when it came out). Awesome game, 100% if you enjoy that style of game. :)

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Updated to universal -- i.e. playable by iPhone and iPod Touch! 3 songs included and still free. :D