Universal Knotmania (by 2 Think)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by loana, Jan 26, 2016.

1. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    Hi TA users,
    I have some great news to share with you: we have been featured in Best New Games on App Store US, Canada and Spain.
    We want it to show you our gratitude for your support: thank you from our hearts.

2. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I had the pleasure of testing this in beta. It's gorgeous. It's quite different, and delightfully strange feeling. The little strings feel alive when you manipulate them--it's the most interesting thing! Beautiful and highly recommended.

3. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Congratulations!!! The honor is well deserved. Like the other poster here, I feel very privileged to have participated in the beta testing. This is a unique and special game, with exquisite graphics. The knots and cords truly do feel alive.

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is far too unique looking to fall below the Hot New Games list. I wasn't sure if it was a game for me at first. But now I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy this. Happy to support a unique game with a premium price from an indie developer. :D

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #25 Qwertz555, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Alrighty right, i got the hang of the short swipes and multi-touching. Lovely mechanic, really.

@loana
    Just wondering why you went with the countdown route (not so beloved when reading this forum), instead of counting up to earn the golden/silver tangle?
    This way, it could have been a zen-mode already, and my subjectiv imho, a much better solution.

Unfortunately not featured in my swiss store. Argh, those ignorant id...individuals.

6. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    Really intriguing game, but can't abide the timer. I'm looking forward to the update with Zen Mode.

Update: What Qwerty555 said :cool:

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm having the same experience as you and I'm using a mini.
    Now that I've re read the tips I'll try approaching differently, so far I feel like I'm all thumbs and no fingers and just as I think I've figured it out, I run out of time.
    Some if the simpler puzzles look like all I need to do is drag the end out, but I have the keep taking hand of screen as it reaches edge of ioad before it's up looped if that makes sense, then it feels like I'm not gripping it back in the right spot. While I'm finding the controls a bit frustrating, the feeling I get when I clear a level makes up for it, and I think my issues are a fault with me, rather than the game.

I think once zen mode is added I'll not feel as frustrated because I won't feel rushed :)

8. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    Unfortunately it isn't featured in Italy too... and we're an italian startup. Go figure !

As for our choice of countdown, it seemed the right choice at the time given the beta tester's feedback: it becomes more challenging for some. For all the others we're bringing out the Zen mode next week.

Regards

9. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    Like I said earlier, Zen mode will be out next week. We're glad you found it intriguing :)

10. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    I'm glad there's satisfaction when you clear a level, we were aiming for that. Zen mode will bring a little bit of Zen for everyone. ;)

11. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    @Cccee, @Valentia
    thank you all for your kind thoughts and for your contribution as beta testers. Your support was very helpful and thanks to your feedback we decided better on some issues.

12. Gektor Flagler

Jan 29, 2016
    playing games, playing poker
    keep traveling! Thank God!
    Reminds me of earthworms ;) looks like a microscope game or something like that.
    Are there any skins to be changed or any other decorations?

13. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    We are glad you warmed up to it and hope you enjoy it further.
    We went for something different and unique. It wasn't easy, but in the end we like how the game came out.

14. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    We are thinking to add more skins, perhaps in one of the next updates We hope you will like it

15. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    That would be so awesome!!

16. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    I don't know if you solved the level, but here some hints : try stretch out the node and use an other finger for slide. Try using the multitouch gestures and still the string acting on the heads. Zen Mode will be available soon :)

17. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    We are glad to announce that on February 4th Knotmania will tangle the App Store again bringing in at popular request the Zen Mode.
    With the same update Knotmania will be available in Japan and will have for now Japanese and Italian localization content.

18. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
  19. Valentia

Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California

Wow, congratulations! That is really fantastic!

And thank you for adding Zen Mode--I loved it in the beta, and I think it is a beautiful way to play this wonderful game!

20. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    Thanks Valentia.

We are very glad that you enjoy the Zen Mode.

We would like to know if someone succeeded in finishing the last level. It's a tricky one :)