Knights Onrush (Moregames)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    #61 Sierra275, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
    Dude, ya know there are spaces between your fingers??? Whatever way I hold it, I don't let having to space out my fingers just a little bit ruin my whole gaming experience. I don't know why a silly screen flip makes such a huge deal to the point you blast the dev and threaten to boycott the game. This is a proper thread, not a place to blast developers for omitting a feature that you think is fundamental in a game. Just because one person brings up an issue with this developer, doesn't give people the licence to start flaming him for other issues.

And about the whole Orions thing, I can't say anything about it because I don't own the game. However, what I do know is that if you feel truly dissatisfied with it, go demand a refund.

That said, I do feel that it is wrong to go back on your promises, regardless of what is in it for you. As a developer, maintaining the trust and respect of your consumer base is just as important as having quality products.

Even then, the way in which some of you have blasted the developer in the public domain is quite inappropriate. Doubtless e-mails may not work, and im not saying you can't bring this to public attention. But though I feel that is is a good thing to let the public know about this, I'm sure you guys could have done it in a more civilised manner, such as Big Albie.

2. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Dude you got a polished game for $2.99-maybe $4.99 if you were slow about it. Do you know how much everybody else paid for it (before it came to the iPhone)? It was like $20 or $29-I can't remember. And those cards that are "already made"-we had to pay for those too. They were called "expansions" not free updates. You got a great game for a ridiculously cheap price. That's what really bugs me about this whole new gaming platform-everybody has come to expect something for nothing.

3. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hey Jaguard, any news on this? Looking forward to it very much, graphics and gameplay look top notch :cool:

4. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #64 Benegesserit, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
    Not touching this until I get an update of Orions. I'm tired of supporting a company who stops doing updates after the hype is gone on their games. Before you start barking about expansions, consider what Puzzle Quest gave us. They gave us an update with lots of new content, and just like PQ, they already have expansions they could put in. The single player mode was boring trash anyway, just give us new cards for duel mode and the new options that are in the expansions.

For people like Sierra275 crying about public blasting, better developers don't have to deal with this so become a better developer. When you lose the trust of your customers you face the consequences.

They make great games but don't wait long before abandoning them like a red-headed stepchild. So much potential for being a top developer, so little ambition to make it happen. They were asked LONG LONG LOOONG before anyone even knew what 3.0 was about adding new cards and they said they would. Now people are basically claiming they were clairvoyant and knew what 3.0 was going to bring so they were just going to wait.

Want to know an example of a developer who really gives a crap about their customers? ChronoSoft.

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Watch what you say, or you'll be stoned to death by the rest of the community. I've been at the same standpoint you are, and other people are so daft that they just don't understand. If you look a few pages back, even the developer himself told me to stop lying even though they were the ones that had lied to begin with.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Both of you, please don't start up this nonsense again. The two of you are proving to be quit the bothersome pests this forum doesn't need.

7. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    See what I mean Benegesserit?

@arta, you act as though posting pictures of various facepalms in numerous threads isn't bothersome. I'll ask you again to please mind your own damn business. I really can't stand when narrow-minded, ignorant people such as yourself try to stick their nose conversations that you obviously have no idea about. You think the story is one-sided just because mr. bigshot developer said so. Hopefully the developer tells you to deactivate your account from this website, the go-doer you are, you probably will because obviously developers are quintessential when it comes to everything with you.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

9. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    ====popping my head in, wearing a helmet for protection...and a cup!=====
    This game looks awesome!
    I hope it comes out soon.

10. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Voodoo, don't take this the wrong way, but your argument is just pointless and does not hold any weight. You act as though the MoreGames devs personally owe you an update to Orions, based on some previous statements made by them. Well things change, plans are updated, and new games are made. I think it is perfectly reasonable for them to work on new games to build their catalog, rather than spending time on updating a game that is already fully functional and contains a great amount of content. As others have said, the game is almost 4 times as much on any other platform it was on, so the price you got it for is clearly much less than anywhere else, for the same product and a portable version. I mean...you either paid 2.99 or 4.99 (months ago), do you really like the game that much? Or feel that cheated? Honestly it is just a few bucks...I think you will survive :p. Anyway, the manner you are going about expressing your feelings is not very persuasive to the devs to create an update (basically bashing them and "boycotting" their future games), I think I remember you saying you have emailed them before about it, so continue doing that, or just let it go man.

Anyway, I hope we get some updated news about Knights, maybe it has been submitted already :D

11. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore

Look, don't get me wrong, but I think the developer DOES owe them an update for Orions. Regardless of what plans have changed, I do think that it was wrong for the dev to suddenly change plans and abandon a game which was promised updates. What I do disagree about however is the way in which these two have been crapping in a thread that doesn't have anything to do with the game they're talking about. So basically whenever there's a thread about a game from Moregames, a couple of people are going to come and start whining about Orions. You could bring this up in a more civilized manner, or go start a new thread specifically about this. Don't come and crash this one just to complain.

12. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    What makes you think that I think they personally owe me an update? If they can't live up to a promise, then they shouldn't make the promise. It really isn't that hard of a concept and I don't know why those of you who oppose what I say are getting so bent out of shape.
    We were promised an update that not only brought content, but fixed some bugs and glitches that are plenty evident within the game, such as the computer cheating and the buggy menu interface.
    I don't care how much I spent on the game, it's the principle of the matter. Don't tell your paying customers to buy your game that you plan to have added content for, then just drop it in the dumps. It's devious and it tells you they operate their business in a dishonest fashion.
    Just because the price is less, means those of us who paid for it should just not care if the dev doesn't live up to it? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I don't see anything wrong with boycotting this company and not purchasing their future titles because I know they don't follow through on their word.

You guys act like I'm a circus clown or something, I don't understand how hard of a concept it is. I don't care if I paid $3, $5, or $20 for it. I (and I speak for those who paid for the game) was promised bug and content updates and never received them and likely never will. Why is it so trivial to you guys that this is upsetting?
    You're basically asking me to accept the fact that this company isn't loyal to their fans, yet you want me to shut up and buy their games regardless? Doesn't quite add up does it.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Daddy promised to take you to Disneyland on your birthday but something came up at work and he couldn't make. From there on he was dead to you.

So now, back to More Games here, you've made a point to hijack every thread about one of their games to NOT ONLY let us all know how disappointed you are but, while you're at it, do your best to actually disrupt the discussion at hand and insure the developer won't bother to join in.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

14. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Add yourself to the long list of boring remarks about my parents. I'm am completely mind-boggled why you guys look at me this way. I make 100% valid points about a GAME, why do you feel compelled to relate everything I say to my parents and/or make it personal? That's completely unnecessary, immature and shows you really have no valid rebuttal. Grow up.
    Not only that, you guys never cease with the narration. I know very well what I'm saying. I don't need you to repeat it to me.

I have made no point to the actual degree of my disappointment. I simply claimed that I am, and stated why, and the responses I get are from people attempting patronize me and talk me like I'm 10. Even the developer himself had the gall to accuse me of lying.

As for 'hi jacking' this thread, there really hasn't been any discussion going on at all for the past SEVEN days, are you really going to tell me what I can and can't say in a public forum after that long of a period has passed? And it's not like it's unrelated, it's the same developer. Other members have the right to know that this dev now has a history of no living up to promises.
    So please, talk to me in a condescending manner and make comments about my parents, it just shows that my points are valid and you had to resort to attacking me personally, instead of arguing valid points.
    Remember what I said a while ago about about a key component in CRM? 'For every 1 customer you have who complains about something, there's typically a hundred more on the side lines thinking the same thing'.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm not dissing your parents, it's just that YOU sound like a pouty child. This was the closest analogy I could think of and, sure, it's not entirely accurate.

16. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Regardless, you attack me personally instead of making an argument to my valid points. Making you sound more like a child than anybody.

17. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I think Voodoo does have a point. If a developer makes a PROMISE (note on the word PROMISE), they should keep it. They shouldn't promise something, especially bug fixes if the game is bugged, then stop because they don't benefit from it. That's just selfish, and they're not even thinking about the thousands of other customers that are left hanging. Personally, I'm not against Moregames, but what they did with Orions is wrong.

18. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Can we just stop arguing about Orions? The points that VoodooVyper brings up are definitely valid. The developer had made a promise, and broken it. This promise may have been what inspired many people to buy the game, and by breaking the promise he is destroying the trust his customers had in him. VoodooVyper is not wrong to feel cheated, in fact, his response is a good thing in general for the App Store. If developers are allowed to get away with making empty promises, the App Store is going to be filled with games lousy, half completed games that never get completed.

However, this thread is about Knights Onrush, and thus is not the appropriate place to carry out this discussion. You could have started a proper thread about this matter, instead of taking the opportunity to pounce on another thread. People who click on this thread link want to hear about Knights Onrush, not your issues with this particular developer, regardless of how legitimate they are. If you still feel the need, go and create another thread about the issues you have. And please don't go ranting about it. Present your concerns in a mature manner, and more people will take you seriously.

19. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i totally agree vyp, the way orions has been ignored after promises makes me pissed off as well.

20. romulus

romulus Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I don't even own this Orions game and I agree with these guys... What is really annoying is listening to everyone bashing them for expressing their disappointment. As far as I can tell the only ones breaking the rules of the forum are the people insulting vyper etc.

I will probably be buying Knights Onrush because I like the look of it. I was hoping there would be updates for it, like additional weapons and stuff, but this is now a faint hope! As a result the price would have to be very competitive for me to consider it...