Knights Onrush (Moregames)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romulus

romulus Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    How much is it going to cost? I'll buy it for 99c!! ;) Okay so I'm partially joking. It looks BEAUTIFUL and might actually have enough gameplay (characters, locations, weapons) to be worth more. Not convinced yet though. I find the other castle defence games got boring reeeally fast.

2. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Oh hell yeah this sounds really fleshed out! And I'm glad you're not charging 99 cents after the whole iDracula thing.

And seriously I ask devs a LOT of questions of devs but I don't badger them like some of you in this thread? Are you crazy? It's a 99 cent/ 5 dollar game, I'm sure updates will come and there's no need to be rude like this? You actually this they are gonna read spiteful posts and say "ok best get to work"? He just leave and never come back.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #43 LordGek, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Exactly, let's force this cool new era of being able to openly communicate directly with the devs making your game back to the good ol' days of PC and console games where you either have no contact with the company or, if you're lucky, you can talk to some lowly tech support person about a bug your having with their game! ;)

While you might have a bit of a point that if you buy a game you should have the right for it to be mostly bug free, the devs making the games don't HAVE to answer to you and if you treat them like crap odds are they won't bother answering your requests.

Games SHOULD have full support and receive updates until all bugs are gone but, sadly, this isn't how it works in the real world. Developers make money by selling new games. If the publisher isn't going to pay the developers to spend their time fixing games that are no longer selling that much, should they just quit their day job (making new games and probably supporting recent big selling releases) to work on making that older game of yours perfect on their own dime and time?

4. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Chillingo is the publisher, they have nothing to do with updates, though I imagine they can push it on the devs to do something about it.

@LordGek, you are clueless about anything that I do and I already responded to your similar rant in a previous thread. When claiming that I emailed them every day, I stated that it was only for a week, and the emails were replies to their vague emails. The reason it went on for a week was because the frequency of communication was very low.

Go back and read what Big Albie said, because he nailed it on the head. I see a lot of games that promise content updates to drive sales early on, they did this with Orions, but once they saw it stopped selling well, they canned the whole idea about an update. If you think the bugs aren't enough to get people upset, I bet you 8/10 of the owners would disagree (go read the Orions related threads).

If I saw that this game promised updates in the description, I would not trust it. Sure they updated iDracula, but that was because it was #1 in the AppStore and new updates would generate new revenues. I bet that if this game makes no 'Top' list that the updates will be forgotten about.

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Jaguard, are you always gonna defending your castle on the right? Not a big deal really.

Also, what incentive do we have for using all these crazy contraptions if we can flick them away (except for Black Knights)?

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hey VoodooViper, BigAlbie raises his objections like a grown adult, all you've done over the last few days is annoy devs and posters with your childish bitching, take that juvenile nonsense to Gamefaqs or /b/ where it belongs.

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #47 VoodooVyper, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    First, why are you attacking me? I said nothing in offense to a poster, and I'm simply stating the facts of a developer. You're trying to tell me that I'm childish when you're the one posting personally to me and the way I post? Bravo. I'd love to know how I'm being childish btw. In fact, both you and LordGek are taking shots at me, wouldn't you consider this a bit childish especially when the topic of discussion is the developer, not myself.

It's really quite simple, the dev promised something and never delivered, how does pointing that out make me childish?

Why not try to actually take a minute and read what I type, there's a point hidden in there and I know that it's hard for you to comprehend because apparently all you try to do is make the worst of my posts.

8. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Lol good luck with that, you obviously don't know what games are being published by chillingo. Besides chillingo is the publisher not the dev.

All i have to say is that it's not good for devs to promise something that may or may not be able to be attended because anything can happen and we should not have to complain about every little mistake they make. I mean come on how long are these conversations about petty stuff like this going to on?

9. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I'm thinking about switching sides from time to time, but I don't see much benefits of it.
    As for "crazy contraptions" - by using them, you earn "sacrifice points" which required for many purchases/upgrades.

---
    VoodooVyper, would you please stop lying? I don't really see much sense in your hijacking every thread.
    We support our customers - all our games (including Orions) was updated at least once. There is no serious/fatal bugs in each. What we promised in iDracula was implemented.
    Please don't bother answering, I'm not going to speak to you ever more.

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Does every castle/ landscape have the same defenses or will one get the dragon and pillar, another the flame and boulder, etc?

11. jaguard

Feb 13, 2009
    They have nothing by default, you must purchase them.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Jagaurd,

Will there be any inherit differences between castles besides what you buy to defend them? Like maybe being in different terrain which will mean a different mix of attackers or maybe some have moats?

13. jaguard

Feb 13, 2009
    Ah, yes, of course. Can't promise moats though :).

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No biggy, just stabbing in the dark. Looks fun and I plan on making a day 1 purchase.

15. MCollier

MCollier Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I'll avoid any debate on promises/non promises made about orions as I haven't bought it because it isn't my cup of tea but I've been incredibly satisfied with iDracula and Knights Onrush is looking to be a day 1 buy from me

16. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    i agree. it appeals to me more than the stick figure PC ports.

17. romulus

romulus Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I'm thinking it might be easier to flick with your right hand if the castle was on the left?

I absolutely love the look of your game. I know its a bit of extra work, but you could consider making some extra weapon upgrades to add as updates. A new weapon every month would be awesome - like a more sophisticated version of Pocket God.

18. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    is this game coming out soon?

19. j0enne

j0enne Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah, I want this game :eek:

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009