Knights Onrush (Moregames)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    wow

I think this looks downright amazing. So many ways to crush them:D. This will make DYC and Stickwars look like a 12 y.o. made it! (No offense to the kid that made moo cow fury!)

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You probably have to earn these different ways over time. Already seems more than Stickwars. Maybe they will update with new killing methods like Pocket God every once in a while.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For a (very brief but awesome) moment I thought a Castle Crasher clone was imminent for iPhone, with 3G multiplayer support.

Seems cool though, even if I agree with the Orions support criticism some mentioned.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Same thing I thought when iDracula came out and I had flashes of a full fledged adventure game. One of these days they have to take these ideas and go wild.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I thought the very same thing too :)

6. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    From the developer

Thank you guys, we're really working hard on this one. Sorry about Orions, we just don't have time to work on the update. You may think it's easy, but adding new cards means updating graphics and inventing new particle effects, and this is a very time-consuming job.
    Here are some of the features of that new game, Knights Onrush.

- Epic campaign with 12 castles to defend.
    - 9 enemy types, including Wizards, Catapults, Bombers, Assassins, each with unique abilities.
    - Defensive structures like Boulder Thrower, Fireball, Squasher, Freezer, and Flamethrower.
    - Different landscapes (Forest, Plains, Desert).
    - Endless siege mode.
    - Automatic save/load.

Some explanation on units abilities: For example, Assassin can hide himself (i.e. disappear), and a Black Knight can cut himself off your finger, which is pretty fun.

Please don't ask me on the pricing, it's not decided yet. It will NOT be costing 99c though, unless on a short sale for a day or two.

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Wow, awesome! Just wondering, any estimate on when it's gonna come out and will there be an endless mode of some sort?

8. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Yes, just like endless mode is mentioned, it will be there. The release date in currently estimated to about 14-18th of May.

9. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Lack of support for prior games results in lack of sales for future games.
    I understand that you guys don't want to take the time for the content update because it probably won't gain many extra sales, but there's a good chunk out there that were under the impression that that is what they'll receive as an added benefit for purchasing your game, especially when they were promised that.
    Could you guys at least fix the bugs in the game? I know it's a lot to ask of devs to make their games fully operable, but what do you say?

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #30 LordGek, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    You go guy! Boycott everything they make and feel good about it, in the meantime I hope to SUPPORT their games like iDracual, and probably this one IN HOPES that once they have enough cash under their belts they can come back with an all new take on Orions and not just a half assed port of their Pocket PC game.

I'm willing to bet your harassing campaign did more to HURT our chances of an Orions update than help.

While I'm sure daily emails DEMANDING you do something works for you, it didn't seem to motivate them much...odd.

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    As I wrote in the comments section of the article on the home page:

How about they take a little break from developing this game and give us a goddamn update to both iDracula and Origins that provides an option for screen flip among other things? How 'bout they do that first?

Good looking game and all, but if it doesn't have screen flip I ain't buying, and I recommend the same to all. It's not comfortable nor any friggin' fun having the friggin' headphone jack jabbing one in the hand while playing a game. More Games needs to fix this issue ASAP.

Any dev making a game that is played in landscape has to have an option to flip screen orientation in their games. No excuses. :mad:

12. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    How long would it take to include an option to flip screen orientation for Orions and iDracula, huh?

'Cause, honestly, that option should have been there from the get-go.

Know your target platform, which in this case is NOT just the iPhone alone, but the total iTouch/Phone platform. It includes iPod touch. And maybe you haven't noticed it yet, but the two devices have their headphone input placed differently, and because of this fact ANY dev that makes a game or app of any kind that is to be used (in this case, played) while holding the device in landscape mode NEEDS to include a screen orientation toggle option. NO EXCUSES. :mad:

*sighs

I don't see screen flip in that little list.

It better be there, or no sale. I'm tired of this nonsense from developers.

13. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah i agree.
    I think it's disgraceful that those games STILL don't support an iphone flip option.

I have actually trashed one pair of headphones by bending the pin playing those games in that orientation.

This seems like such a shame... chillingo do push out some very nice games but at the same time they don't seem that bothered about supporting them afterwards any more than is entirely neccesary.

ngmoco on the other hand are still updating lots of their older games... didn't topple 1 even get an update after topple 2 was released... and rolando keeps getting new levels.

14. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Compelling arguments here against this developers sorta 'fire and forget' release strategy. Odds are I'll buy Knights Onrush simply because it looks to be more fun than DYC but if it's buggy or missing critical features and never gets updates I'll be right on the bandwagon with the critics.

15. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I hope devs and not just Chillingo start paying attention to their target audience. Chillingo puts out some great games, but you open yourself to comments and potential backlash such as these when promised updates even fixes don't appear. I'm not just picking on Chillingo either. Too many devs promise things early on to drive sales which is fine, but your audience remembers those promises. Before anyone jumps on me about a demanding iTunes gamer audience (which btw I agree with), this is slightly different because devs made the promises.

As for developers, I understand where you're coming from as well because I work with them everyday. And, it's a balancing act for new products and old ones as well as with business objectives. That's why it's best to be as conservative as you can when forecasting updates because people remember you more for what you don't deliver.

16. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    This looks great! I never got defend your castle because I didn't like the graphics or stick people, but this game solves everything. I hope it isn't 4.99, that would be too steep for me.

17. mactds

mactds Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    LA
    This game does look great, I like defend your castle, and being able to feed on comers to dragons, or throwing a boulder at them, or stomping them with a pillar all are great ideas and this looks like a must buy for me.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes!

More ways to kill them and a great variety in attacker! Plus, the aspect I hate so much in 90% of TD games, it looks like they'll do a good mix of attackers within a single wave/group/level...none of the cheesy now all of the baddies are this type of unit, now they are all that type of unit.

19. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    After reading this thread I have decided to not buy any game from chilingo, I hope they eventually update their games. I don't understand how they can announce updates and then forget about them, Thats very wrong!

20. kcbc

kcbc Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a fun game with GREAT graphics and character models but sure would like to play the bad guys in a Castle Crasher type game. That thief looks awesome.