Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Is there a reason this seems to be pulled from the App Store? I was trying to download the DLC the main page in the game is advertising (yes, it's been a while since I've fired it up), but it wasn't working. So naturally I go to the App Store to see if this is a common occurance by checking any of the reviews, but it's gone! Completely not there.

Is this a temperary problem, because I really want the DLC for the extra content to breathe some extra life into this awesome game, but now I find I cannot do so even with it flaunting it's DLC existence on the main page :(

New quests, monsters, character class, yet it's locked out due to not being able to purchase it :/

2. Locanis

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    So is this game officially unsupported for mobile now? Not on market, and not a single person, dev or player, seems to care to respond to this thread.

I'm now stuck blocked from buying the DLC within the app (with the game pulled, it won't let me purchase it and just malfunctions). This upsets me greatly.

3. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    You're right, gone from the store and from purchased list. Hopefully nothing too drastic has happened and it'll be back soon.

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I'm asking Behold Studios directly, but it might be funny business with the publisher.

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Maybe it's because they are prepping for newest installment? Isn't the second one coming soon?

6. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Behold is as surprised as we are. Apparently the publisher on iOS, Paradox, is having problems.

7. Locanis

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Hopefully that means it will have a swift return. I want the DLC, and surely they cannot be liking the lack of sales/profit from no one being able to download the App. I mean, 2 months ago it was featured on TouchArcade again as an RPG reloaded. Sure the sales are probably less than when it was new, but some sales > no sales, and I myself want to throw more money at them as stated above :/

8. Locanis

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Knights of Pen and Paper has triumphantly returned to the store! Ye all rejoice with your 20-sided dice!
    (I also got the DLC finally!)

9. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Soo I tried the PC steam version...I like I spent 20 hours on it but am I the only one that kinda likes it more on an iOS device?

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Just redownloaded this to finally play through it. I'm noticing that some enemies are sliding off the screen to the right, although their shadows are still in the right place (and able to be tapped for targeting purposes) so I can still complete the battles. Also the weapon icons on the basic attack buttons are sliding off the screen over time as well.

Anyone else experiencing this?

11. doudemoTed

doudemoTed Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Having same issue here.

12. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I am having the same issue. Too bad as I really want to enjoy the game. Currently unplayable for me due to the glitch.

13. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    You can't get this in the US it would be nice.

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #1094 Son of Anarchy, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Yep, removed from AppStore again. It only reappeared (from removal) not long ago too.

+1 for experiencing the 'glitch'. Hopefully that's the cause of removal and it'll appear again soon.

15. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    It's back but without an update.

16. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    It's not worth playing

17. oldman23