Universal Knights of Pen & Paper - (by Behold Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DarkNecros

DarkNecros Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    #1041 DarkNecros, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    my lv 40 party i have lv 10 frontline on my knight ( at that level the phys resist and turn boost is helpful but i dont think it changes the threat amount.) it drops him at 89% threat total after using it. if you read what the % is in skill description its wrong it calculates that as if its compared to the rest of your party not when its applied to your character after use because my skills says 76%, my knight is at 56% base (hugo get extra threat/crit) but it leaves 11% across 4 characters which averages 2.75% each. at this point the healing from your healer's (cleric or bard) aoe healing skill will out heal that 11% directed at the rest of the party plus the fact that you will easily have 20 4 rings for the entire party to use giving enough hp to survive any one blow and enough regen to not worry about it. you want a tanker who can heal himself and in that aspect the knight has much better capabilities.

EDIT: earlier i thought increaseing frontline didnt have any affect on threat level it boosts, but it actually does my bad.

2. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Ahhhhh! I love this gaaaaaaame!

3. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    Brand new IPhone 5s... So I can end up playing this... AND I REGRET NOTHING.

I'll explain better. I love AAA games, I own XCOM, Infinity blade III, Star Wars KOTOR, GTA Vice City, Meltdown... And in the end of the day... old school RPG, old school graphics, old school humor, old school fun.

4. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    #1044 Vexka, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Hey guys!
    I've heard lots about this game (and it's been recommended to me) but I'm still unsure exactly buying it (I do have plenty of money to buy it with leftover iTunes over Christmas)

The game looks great and all but I'm kinda sitting on the fence a bit. I <3 RPG's and this game also reminds me of D&D (lol!)
    All I'm asking is if someone could kinda tell me more how the game works, if it's really worth it, and push me over the fence!
    (Also how it runs on an iPhone 4S / iPad Mini both with iOS 7)

Thanks everyone! :D
    ~Vexka

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

FREE again!

6. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    This just went free! Hell yeah!

7. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

One of the best RPG games (IMO) became free. Go grab it.

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm just getting into this game and have a couple really basic questions. What do the numbers above the heads of your characters and enemies indicate? And what determines the turn order of yr characters (I don't think it's seat position)?

Thanks in advance for any info and/or advice.

9. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    There's just too little meat here to really recommend.

It's gimmicky, and that could work if they really ran with it but they don't, even the meta jokes feel uninspired... it's simply lifeless and completely uninspired mechanically and personally I'd say artistically as well.

10. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Huge price increase... More expensive now than ever!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's still only just $5. Still very cheap for a game of this quality.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Agreed. This game has so much content and I've been playing it for a long time (minus the period when they took away iOS 5 compatibility). Definitely worth $5.

13. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    My goodness...I had typed something in the search bar in the App Store (don't remember now what I was originally searching for) and saw this pop up and went OWWW LAA LAA!!! I totally redownloaded this extremely awesome game and ended buying my brother a copy to boot. I wonder if they'll ever make another one like this. This was by far one of the best games I've ever played on the iPhone. Depth, characters, customizations, awesome dialog. Just a true beastly game.

Sadly...or not I have to replay all of it to unlock the extra classes and devs again but that's fine with me I loved it anyways.

If you haven't picked this one up you should surely check it out. It's great

14. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
  16. cugieni4

cugieni4 Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Graphics

Looks asburdly detailed!

17. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't have speakers here. What does it add? More content after the end of the game or more new things during the game like classes, quests, itens, characters and so on?

I've played the whole game when I bought it and once again when it was updated to +1 Edition.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm still wondering if the iOS version will ever get the Farm Village Map or Sci-fi Pack for Bedroom. Will the new update on the App Store include these?

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I know, right?!? Hope they are eventually motivated to do a Christmas one as well. This game will never leave my phone.