Universal Knights of Pen & Paper 2 (by Paradox Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, May 14, 2015.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Why do these sites rate games so harshly? Besides TA it appears premium games get crushed. Even H&C2 got slammed today by reviews. It's sad. So many people express their love for the game and reviewers give horrible non-true reviews. Maybe they need better reviewers who understand the mobile gaming experience.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The PT review is pretty fair, the reviewer explained in clear terms why the game fails. Just because a game is premium does not mean it's an automatic minimum 4/5, and TA is hardly the bastion for premium games. And really, "non-true" reviews?

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Still haven't gotten around to playing part one.. Bought it months ago.. Haven't really had the time to grind which is why I have an RPG backlog at the moment.. Two DQ titles and FF6 are still waiting to be reinstalled and played as well

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Seems like it just isn't that reviewer's cup of tea. After playing the first one, more of the same grinding is all I need to give it 5/5. But that's what I enjoy: exploration and grinding. That'll probably end up on my gravestone. But anyway, every review is just an opinion. I usually see RPGs being a love it or hate it kind of thing, though.

5. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why is there a need to grind.. I have been playing about 4 hours.. And I just passed the 2md edition thing who kicked my butt.. Lucky a sage saved my team Hahah.. Revenge is coming soon

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't usually know if there is a need to grind. I just enjoy the grind. However, for some games like this, one person might see normal gameplay as a negative grind, while another might see it as a positive grind. I just started this one, but I'm 900 game days into the first one!

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yep, exactly.

8. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Or a 3-handed super-sword like the one I found.

9. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Yeah its huge lol

Attached Files:

10. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Wow that's awesome ^^^^

Thanks for the info guys :)

11. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    Just a tip. Best melee weapons are +3 enchanted ones. Almost OP in the early levels if you have the gold to do it. Beats the 3-handed weapon too.

12. MacinJosh

Dec 13, 2008
    #93 MacinJosh, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    There are 4 areas I can't seem to complete even though I finished the game.

1: Nameless Bridge (90% Complete)
    2: Tower of Brass (90% Complete)
    3: Graveyard (92% Complete)
    4: The Past (84% Complete)

I can't figure out how to complete them. Can anyone?

13. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Congrats.. I am having tough time fighting three barb from the past... My paladin died in one hit

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I haven't actually used a shield yet because of the energy debuff but I do use my warrior as a tank with as much threat as I can so thinking of starting to use one.

Now I was thinking surfer so he is cured every turn but also wondering about the cheerleader, it says the team gain 5 health and energy anytime you take the shield action, what is that and is it worth it?

Also the goth with the free Rez, nobody has died on me yet but how does that work when someone dies if not a goth?

15. Daman2u

Daman2u Active Member

May 12, 2012
    #96 Daman2u, May 15, 2015
    Shield is the action in the menu next to the use item and flee (chicken) actions. It reduces damage taken I believe.

I paired cheerleader with thief because the thief has a passive that causes it to shield whenever it is attacked. In conjunction with cheerleader, this means that your party gets 5 health and 5 mana whenever your thief is attacked. It's a small bonus but fairly handy.

Edit: just checked the in-game index. Shielding reduces your threat to 0 so that you cannot be attacked. You can still be hit by things that cause indirect damage (like a fireball spell that hits adjacent enemies with burn damage).

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #97 ste86uk, May 15, 2015
    Aye thank you I made a save just to test it and it's just confusing where with the cheerleader it has a different name to the skill in game and in the help menu but yes reducing threat to 0 also for my warrior would suck.

Your idea for it sounds great though, who do you use for the cleric? I was thinking as he is my main heal and energy regen person that elf as race for extra energy and then surfer to cure his afflictions so he can cure others.

Seems to me that dwarf is best for warrior and elf is best for most other things as 1 starting skill point doesn't seem a huge benefit to me.

Now to decide if I jock for the extra hand slot or something else, as the rocker seems tempting for no energy reduction from items such as the shield. I wish the help was more in depth though as Id like a full description or everything as I like to try make the best team.

17. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    i didnt check for " that best team", just played it and now I have finished it. Way too easy imo. 3/5. Thx for the entertainment, but now Im going to delete the game. Sry.

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    People have said there is more content coming and someone said monthly? So I would keep it around.

19. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Too easy no grinding.. 346 days.. I hope there are more contents to come.,.

Attached Files: