Universal Kiwanuka by CMA Megacorp

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, May 7, 2014.

1. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

This game was totally under my radar until I saw the review on TA and the very positive impressions here.

Got it yesterday and played it through in one sitting.
    This was money well spent, I enjoyed every second of it, such a wonderful game!

Since it looks like its also commercially successful, I hope the devs will give us some more levels in the near future too.

2. If the developers are following this, are there updates coming ? Just inquiring whether I have the go ahead to delete.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I haven't really gotten into this. Does it reach any heights or is it the same all the way through. Find it hard to stay interested. Maybe it's just not for me. Does it get better as you go on?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  5. All awesome games! Kudos.

6. Not really. Towards the end maybe a little. I jumped the shark on this game. I got a little too excited. I admit my weakness for a new fresh looking game but it's kind of a snooze fest. That's why I was hoping there was more on the way. I won't hold my breathe.

7. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #68 saosijs, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    What's New in Version 1.0.2

- Fixed issue with 'Tweet all' Game Center achievement
    - Devices with multiple twitter accounts can now select which account to use when tweeting
    - Fixed graphical orientation issue on iPhones and iPod Touches running 5.1.1
    - Misc bug fixes

On another note (now aimed at the dev), why not introduce a leaderboard for "number of followers saved" (lemmings mode! :D).
    The idea being that followers actually are being "consumed" by building bridges, burning, etcetera and that only a portion of the followers reaches the exit. I imagine this could be implemented as second game mode, unlocked when having finished the normal game mode. It would introduce a lot of replay value which the game currently doesn't have.
    I did not see the dev on this forum, but sent an e-mail to CMA Megacorp

8. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    #69 amroc, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Thanks saosijs for the suggestions. During development we tried out loads of different things, including a few things similar to your suggestion, but we ended up taking them out because we felt the game was just better and cleaner without them. It sometimes just works out that way when making a game with experimental mechanics in it. It can be very time consuming as you end up having to try out and discard so many things that don't end up working for some reason or another.

Just wanted to add thanks lots to everyone for all the nice comments! We worked hard for far too long on this so it means a lot.

For the people that were asking, we do have some more levels in the works. Can't give an exact time on when they'll be released yet, but they will be a free addition.

Cheers!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    amroc, may I ask how the Android port's coming along?

10. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    Coming along well thanks :) We couldn't quite manage the originally hoped for release date of today, but it's not far off at all. Hopefully will post some more conclusive information about it next week.

11. Your game is awesome! Can't wait for the new levels!

12. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    Thank you! :)

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

I finished The game, achieving "full Kiwanuka". I loved the game. As a puzzle game, it is just good, lacking variety and being somewhat short. I also wish the timing puzzles gave a bit more leeway as even when I knew exactly what to do, it took many retries due to the tight timing. Given all this, I still would rate this at 5 stars as it has such wonderful presentation.

More levels would be awesome, but a new game play mechanic would be even better.

14. amroc

amroc Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Male
    Games Programmer
    London, England
    #75 amroc, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #76 coolpepper43, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Bought your game and I love it. Extremely trippy. I play a level or two every night before I goto sleep. I think I'm almost to the end but I'm stuck on these rotating circles that I have to get the timing down to the millisecond. I claimed a code for a friend if that's fine. Thank you!!!

16. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I got one code! Thanks!!

17. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Snagged a code. Thanks! And thanks again Cloudpuff for the heads up!

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I bought last week in the sale, along with monument valley and blast away but haven't had chance to play any yet, I'm looking forward to doing so though. Summer holidays start next week and I'll have more free time.

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I would probably save monument valley for last. I would go this game then blast away then monument valley. I would do monument valley last because it is so short. That's how id do it if I had not yet played any of these.