Universal Kiwanuka by CMA Megacorp

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, May 7, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

And again, got stumped there too. For like 15 minutes and then I realized it was so simple. Actually it's the same method as Easy When Done: swing underneath

2. This game is alot more complicated than it looks, fun though after you figure things out.

3. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Argh! Of course. So simple. My brain just cant get there sometimes. Thats kind of a cool feature of this game. A few solutions have been to go the "other" direction than my mind works. Thanks bud!

4. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Just finished the game in a single setting (1–1.5 hours, I'd guess). What a cool little gem!

It's got a lot of charm and a really interesting mechanic that gets a lot of mileage. You learn every ability in the game within the first few levels and then the rest of the game just throws increasingly difficult puzzles at you that still rely on the same mechanic.

Mostly, it's a puzzle platformer and you can really take your time to figure out what you're doing. Later on, there are several levels with moving parts that require some pretty precise timing. Still, it never gets outrageously difficult.

My only complaint would be that the difficulty curve is very uneven. Two of the hardest levels in the game were followed by one that was a total cakewalk (completed on the first try in less than 15 seconds). I'd prefer a progression that went from easiest to hardest, but that's really the worst I can say about the game.

Also, there are two achievements that require tweeting signposts throughout the game. The first worked fine but the achievement that is awarded for posting all of them is only giving me credit for one — even though I did do them all.

5. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #45 copaeci, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    How about Ecuador has honor? I have no idea with that level.
    Anyway, I've replayed 'try this' level by using one tower only but the achievement still locked. Anyone face the same problem?

Edit: finish the game... Great little gem.. 30 levels in total. Some levels require the right timing to be finished, and really a precise step. Same problem here... All tweet sign achievement didn't unlock

6. Bronxsta

#46 Bronxsta, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Finished the game. 30 levels. All in all, a fun well-crafted stylish puzzle game. My only gripe is that the last few levels focused less on how to get through a level and more on just when to move and timing. I enjoyed the puzzle-focused levels more than the precision timing levels

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Bronxsta seal of approval? Lol

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just finished all 30 levels. Absolutely beautiful and just great to play a game so well made so damn polished, well made and with no need for grinding for anything. Like most good things - small but perfectly formed. Fan-flipping-tastic.

9. Bronxsta

What's lol about that? I'm just posting impressions

10. It's ok.

Here is my seal of approval.

Very highly recommended!!!

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Somehow didn't pay much attention to this but sounding really good. For some reason, I didn't end up getting anything except Devil Shard this week. Everything else kind of looked good but then went to "meh" after seeing gameplay vids.

Now this. This looks different. And both Bronxsta and Connector's seal of approval?

12. #54 AppUnwrapper, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    It is a great little game. The art caught my eye first -- made me think of Monument Valley. The later levels are getting challenging, not as relaxed as the first half of the game. I'm still making my way through it, but I have a walkthrough for levels 1-17 if anyone gets stuck: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2014/05/08/kiwanuka-walkthrough/

Edit: It's now complete, including the Easy When Done achievement. :)

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #55 Jerutix, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Good game. Really enjoyed playing it. Definitely recommend to most people.

Also, I finished two games in two days (this and 2-bit Cowboy). I think that's a record for me.

Also, to answer a question a few posts back, you have to use only one tower on one try for the achievements. In other words, if you break your tower before you use it, you need to restart the level to get the achievement. Hope that makes sense.

14. Yeah, it is a little confusing at first, but it has alot of charm, and one thing I like about it, is that it is so different. This game should be on everyone's radar.

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Congrats on the 5 stars review, CMA Megacorp. :) And the app is doing quite well on the Spanish AppStore Top Charts! Left a huge 5 stars review there, something I haven't done in a while.

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    What a gem! Concept, gameplay, presentation... top notch indie game! Absolutely love how my brain has to adapt to this... Congrats to the devs for releasing something so fresh!

17. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Like everybody else here, I loved playing this brilliant little game. Visuals, sound, game mechanic, it has it all. I really hope more content will be coming! And too bad it is mostly a one time experience. Not much replay value here as they say. I played the game twice, the second time to get the "Rescue" achievements (got to learn to clean up what you leave behind! :)) and the puzzles are (mostly) no challenge anymore when playing a second time. But let there be no mistake, the first time is a brilliant experience where you learn how to use the innovative game mechanic to solve the puzzles and that's what makes it worth your while!

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Downloaded to try after the good reviews and I don't expect any game to last forever for £1.49 as long as I get a decent amount of play out of it.