Universal Kitten Sanctuary by Clockwork Pixels : Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clockwork Pixels, Mar 27, 2012.

1. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Excellent! Thanks justln.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I have to add to the love fest! This game is just pure awesomeness! Definitely love the match three games that give you different goals to go along with the matching (think building cities, civilizations or the like) and this one has that in spades! The bonus of collecting kitties is fantastic and drives you to play just one more level so you can add a new one to your collection is perfect. Though has the potential to get me in trouble at work if I keep that mentality! It's been a long time since I played a game that had me THIS hooked into completing levels.

Kudos to you Clockwork Pixels!

3. Dragilein

Dragilein New Member

May 4, 2009
    same problem here, only difference: iOS 4.3.1, 4th gen ipod touch 8gb
    bought on release day
    maybe i have too many aps installed? (108)

4. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Thank you for letting me know. This is the 4th report I've had, so there's obviously a compatibility issue, I'm truly sorry about this.

I've posted a message to all 4.3 users on the game's App Store description and I'm working hard on an update.

If anyone has a paid version effected by this, please get in touch via my website (or the support link on the App Store) and I'll gladly send you a free copy of the PC or Mac version to be going on with ... I know it's not the same.

Gutted,
    George

5. Dragilein

Dragilein New Member

May 4, 2009
    hope you will find the problem and i will be able to enjoy the game between my class hours (im not the student ;))

have a nice day :)

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I hope there will be a larger screen or at least you will be able to zoom in. I love the game very nicely done.

7. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Now we just wait for this title to show up in Jared's Kitty Korner. >_<

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I was just thinking that! :D

9. stopsignhank

stopsignhank Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I have a 2 week business trip to China coming up so trying to build up on the apps for the plane ride and time over there. After reading 9 pages of great reviews I had to get this one.

Now I just hope that the hard-drinking, hard-smoking redneck that I am going over there with does not laugh at me for playing with kittens :D

10. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Fixed the 4.3 compatibility issue. Thanks again to all who reported this.

I've submitted an update of both versions to Apple and updated the description text on the App Store. To say sorry, I'd be happy to send out a PC or Mac version to anyone who purchased Kitten Sanctuary for a 4.3 device.

I also added the 'No Flashes' option to this first update ... with this switched on, there are no screen flashes and I've tried to remove all the FX elements that start off big and shrink down. Please let me know what you think as I wasn't sure how far to go ... happy to tweak this option in future updates.

Thanks for the new comments too, will reply tomorrow ... screen hurts my eyes.

11. mavere

mavere Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Any plans for updating graphics for retina iPad?

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    This game is a good variation of match-3 games. I love it!
    When I'm tired on matching, I play with the kittens. So cute.
    I notice that the kitten that we saved are random. I catch a very cute kitten with three arrows on its head on my iphone, delete it and play on iPad, and I can't get it back again. I want that kitten! :)
    Why can't we grab the dog food bowls? It might be nice to be playing around with decoration. Also if it's possible to rename the kitten by ourselves, it will be more delicious.
    Love it!!

13. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Game Impressions

Great game! Didn't hesitate after the other impressions and the dev feedback. Would definitely pay more to support devs like this; the app store is a depressing place these days. Game looks great on the new iPad screen, very polished.

Everyone interested in this at all needs to download now.

14. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Hello, thanks for all the recent positive posts, it's really been making my week reading them all : ) ... I'll just reply directly to the questions/suggestions to keep this post a reasonable length, but thanks again!

Does it!? I'd forgotten that : ) If I get more requests I'll be happy to add a toggle for the normal mode (it's a quick thing).

When played on an iPhone/iPod, the kittens are already scaled up, but I agree, the ability to zoom in a bit would be great. At the very least I'll look into making them slightly larger still and I will certainly make them far bigger on the info page, so at least you'll get a good look at them one at a time.

For the trailer, I actually added the ability to scale the game into the engine ... when the trailer zooms into the game from the iPad shown, all that's rendered by the game itself (couldn't find an easier way to do it!) ... so yeah, although I can't make promises, I will look into adding a sanctuary zoom for a later update.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Just wanted to bump that up there, just while I'm posting anyway ; )

Ha, tell him it's written by ID or something, and that you get to fight them all later on!

The kittens are rescued semi-randomly, so your kitten will return again, hopefully soon ... and thanks for all the suggestions, I've added them to the list of possibilities : )

What an amazing and slightly ridiculous amount of pixels.

I doubt I'll revisit the backgrounds to be honest, they're currently all 1024x768 as it is ... but ... when retina came out on the iPhone I had to add a line of code to enable it, this might be the same case for the new iPad. Will look into it, as a lot of the game/kitten assets are capable of appearing at a higher resolution.

Thanks again!
    George

15. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I'd love a toggle for the valid move hints for the other modes if it's not much trouble! I don't know why but it drives me crazy having someone point a move out to me :) - it's like someone standing over your shoulder as you play.

An iPad retina upgrade for any of the graphics would be fantastic - it looks very good as-is but would definitely "pop" with higher-res assets.

Thanks for your continued feedback - we all appreciate it!

16. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Yea I think most people would appreciate a toggle for hints. I go out of my way to NOT use the hint and find another solution. :)

17. stopsignhank

stopsignhank Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Well I tried this game and I have to say I really like it. I don't do match 3 games much so I don't know if this is rare or not, but I like the ability to move diagonally.

I also vote for being able to toggle off the hints and also the ability to zoom in. It would make it easier looking for matches on my forty-something year old eyes playing on an iPhone. :)

18. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Sure thing, added to the list ... three requests in a row for this! : )

I played a few match 3's before making the game and none had diagonal moves. I always found the game play would really slow down towards the end of a level and I'd get bored ... hence diagonals! I guess it possibily cuts down on the 'puzzle' element of match 3 playing, but I've never had a request to put a horz/vert only option in (and no ... I won't put one in now as it'll break the levels!) : )

As for the zooming ... sorry, this was for the sanctuary section only, the ability to zoom in and interact with the kittens. But I know what you mean about your eyes, mine do tend to go after 10-15 minutes playing any game. I feel old now.

Cheers!
    George

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Kitten Sanctuary made the TA Podcast's Kitty Korner! *crosses fingers*

20. miyac

miyac Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Animation Student
    I bought this game yesterday and I can't stop playing! A really great game, love it :D