Universal Kitten Sanctuary by Clockwork Pixels : Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clockwork Pixels, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    That did happen on my ipad ._.

but i had the kitty power ready so it wasn't a big deal... if it happens again to me I'll post a pic

2. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    So, I think I found a bug. My alarm went off in the middle of a game, closed it and there was no more sound coming from Kitten Sanctuary.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Clockwork, the tiniest request: Do you mind adding "S." to the app title under the icon on our devices? That way it would be "Kitten S." rather than just "Kitten".

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Clockwork, would there be a way to have an option to turn off the flashing and other visual effects? My girlfriend has some epilepsy issues and it is really bad on her, but she loves kittens. Thanks!

5. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Another big reply ... thanks to everyone who's posted so far, most helpful and inspiring!

Thanks ... (just wanted to bump the idea back up again after all that list-match-3-games waffle) ; )

The idea is that it's a complete game at a set price, but of course I'll be making updates to add things like Game Centre, player profiles and a few little things as discovered on this forum. But who knows, it might be fun to add something a little extra later on.

There is a follow up though, which should be out within 3 months (else I'll loose the name on iTunes!) ... and it begins with a 'P'.

Thank you ... done ... she says thanks : )

Ha, thanks ... be careful, as the games can be quite varied, so not all may appeal, there should always be a version to try out for free though.

I know ... I had a bit of a cry the other day :')

There's a textbook on all this? Where do I get it from ... how much!? : )

I'm sure there must be an element of luck to it all ... which sites review, if Apple takes notice or not, whether there are big releases around at the time, all sorts. I'll just keep my fingers crossed (in between posting).

On the iPad the full name is possible, but not the iPod, so it's a bit of a shame. I tried a few things, but didn't think of adding a 'S.' ... I think I like it ... will take a look as I do want to update the icon (shine seems to be out of fashion these days).

Cheers,
    George

6. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Sure thing ... I'll make sure it's in the first update. I have put a 'Flashes : Off' option in previous games, makes sense to add it to KS ... thanks : )

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    hooray! :D Thank you tons for this.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Since everyone else is doing it... screw it, I can call you George, right? :)

George, stop it already! It's only been 24 hours and Clockwork Pixels is already up there in my "Favorite Developers" list. Also, I think my girlfriend is starting to get jealous. >_> No, but really; the amount of interaction with all of us here is astounding and believe me when I say you're making a lot of fans out of us. You sir, honestly... are part of a rare breed.

9. RS200

RS200 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    There is a lot of love for this game and it is easy to see why.

I bought it this morning after playing the lite (for about 2 minutes - that's all it took for me to realize we have something very special here) ... and what can I say? ... it's a work of art and deserves great things. A truly wonderful game for all ages. If you add GC to this I can see this never being deleted from my Pad.

Well Done Clockwork P - I will spread the word about this and try and get it to the very top.

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    No problem, not your fault! That's the danger of letting a discussion get too off topic; things get lost in the fluff.

Great! Instabuy for me, then! I really enjoyed the lite version. I hope I don't have to play every day just to keep the kitties around though. I have far too many things to do than tie myself to that, no matter how fun the game is. Please don't make this one of those "must feed your creatures else they'll die" daily visit games. I much prefer the Pocket Frogs approach, where I can visit if and when I want, and pick up where I left off.

11. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bought this for my wife on her ipod touch. It just won't open at all, just crashes back to home screen. I've restarted the device, reinstalled the game, both several times, and nothing, so she can't play it at all.

Shame, as it looks just her cup of tea.

12. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi Ian, I'm really sorry to hear that. Can I ask what version of iOS your wife has?

Unfortunately the game requires iOS 4.3 and above. I believe Apple prevents downloads to earlier devices, but I could be wrong. Is it possible to pay/download on PC/Mac iTunes, then sync?

I did take a look at supporting earlier devices, but it seems that support has been dropped from XCode ... when I tried the game on an iPhone 3G, it crashed straight out (not even within my code, so it wasn't a simple fix).

Please let me know if this all sounds likely. If so, I'd recommend seeking a refund as I'm not sure how soon support for 4.2 and below will be added : (

13. ian1969uk

May 31, 2009
    She is running 4.3.3 at the moment.

14. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thank you, is it an iPod Touch 3rd Gen (non-retina) by any chance? That's a nice thing about PC development, I could have sent you a debug build to help track it down. Please feel free to PM me btw (as we've gone a bit tech-support) : )

15. ian1969uk

May 31, 2009
    No, it's a 4th Gen with retina display, over a gig free on storage, just can't get it to run.

Won't ask for a refund though, going to get her an ipad for her birthday so she can play it when she gets that :)

16. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Strange, the game was developed on a 4th Gen iPod, but I did update to iOS 5 towards the end. I'm guessing I'd have a few more cases by now if it was a general 4.3.3 issue. It's the first no show for the game on any device so far I've heard of, I'll keep a close look out for more cases.

I wonder, does the Lite version do the same thing for you? Can I ask, are you downloading onto a desktop and syncing, or grabbing it directly from the device's App Store?

Thanks for not asking for a refund ... the game looks good on the iPad, hopefully worth the wait : ) If you'd like to PM me your email address I'd be happy to send you a free copy of the game for Mac or PC in the meantime.

17. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Wanted to reply to some posts before the computer goes off.

Thank you, I'll test this out and see what I can do. Hopefully I'm just missing a callback or something like that.

For sure, I keep meaning to add 'George' to a signature : )

I see it the other way round. It's hard to get an app noticed, and the number of site reviews has been small (although very positive). So yeah, I was assuming the worst ... then ... I posted here and got loads of positive/constructive feedback, not to mention a good few sales ... so thank you everyone, you've made releasing an app very enjoyable!

Lol, no ... when you switch the game off the kittens are instantly frozen, Han Solo style : ) I remember playing a game, can't remember the name now, I returned to it after a couple of days ... everything was dead! What was that about?

18. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I purchased KS mostly based on the developer's stance on IAP and their responsiveness to feedback (plus it looked fun!). I love the great background music (so relaxing) and the overall level of polish on the game is wonderful. I'm enjoying this way more than I'd have expected as I've played my fair share of match-3 games. Congrats Clockwork Pixels on a job well done - hope you find much success in the app store!

One request: is there any way to turn off the gameplay hints that highlight a valid move? If not, could that be added as an option?

19. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Tricky mode removes the available move hint.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This game is dripping with awesomeness and it's getting everywhere, might need some wipes.
    I'm playing on a 3GS and on iOS 5.1 and it's as smooth as glass. Such a charming and endearing quality. Add to all that a developer that is active, responsive, and compassionate about his game and this is a wonderful thing.