Universal Kitten Sanctuary by Clockwork Pixels : Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clockwork Pixels, Mar 27, 2012.

1. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I'm having a blast playing Kitten Santuary. So glad that Clockwork Pixels didn't go the way of evil IAP store.

Just a small question, there's only 1 red star (play tricky mode) and 1 white star per stage right? I don't see any difference when I completed the stage with the dynamic setting in options.

Tricky mode is sooooo much more fun than the default difficulty. Go try it out.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #22 Vovin, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    I, the high priest of the touchArcadian match-3 church hereby declare:

this game is great and I really recommend it.

Polished and with superb animations and cute graphics, this game really sticks out.
    I like this game, especially the twists in gameplay.
    This game is adorable.

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This_game_is_fabulous.

I predict it will be on the front page of TA within a week.

Get this.

4. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I'll definitely vote Kitten Sanctuary as TA Forums Game of the Week! unless something else blows my mind.

5. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Lots of posts = long boring reply ... keeping it short as possible ; )

No refunds for cracked screens ... thanks!

Ha, I was trying to work out how to have the story told without cut scenes, seemed to make sense at the time : )

Thanks, I'm really happy with the iPad version, it's a direct port of the original of course, but I think it just somehow looks/plays better on this device. Of course delighted with the iPhone side of things too, I had to redo the levels to keep the tile sizes from getting too small. Shame about the notification pull down thing or I could have made them 10% bigger.

Erm, is that a good thing, or a bad thing? ... sound ominous, like I should run away!

I do have a cat game ... I had a really bad experience with a pod cast review once, but yeah, that would be fantastic, even if it did go the usual way!

Just gone up on the CP iOS pages (I'm avoiding posting links here due to low posts) ... thanks : )

George

6. Zedd2011

Zedd2011 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Great Game

Loving KS, what an amazing game!

I would love some news on future content, not that I'm even close to finishing. Are there plans for a Kitten Sanctuary II?

Either way, thanks for creating such a fantastic App. I'm going to recommend it to all my friends, even the dog lovers!

Best buck I've spent in a long time!

7. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Ah, phew, it was a good thing ... thanks Vovin : )

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This game nestles gently next to Killa kitties from Compton (long ago pulled, so don't bother looking for it) as my favorite kitty games. Wonderfully done.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    All hail the Vovin, he knows his match 3s! :D

10. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    LOL, I have that one too!

11. EvilArev

EvilArev Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Even though I don't particularly adore cats (alergies...) this game just sucked me in. I really love the alien in the flying saucer on the level select screen.
    George, please forward my congratulations on this great game and best wishes for success to the rest of the team.

Best regards,
    P.

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It's sad that that kind of declaration constitutes a major selling point for me these days. Anyway, along with the impressions so far, think I'm just going to pick this up without bothering with the lite.

13. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    i was playing this this morning.

pretty fun and the cuteness just pushes it into overdrive.
    my kids and wife will love it.

14. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Ha, thanks ... I'll state it here, I won't put IAPs in Kitten Sanctuary : )

Me too, I prefer to just purchase 'a game' : ) I did think about 'magic golden credits' for about a minute, but it just didn't feel right, especially as this game's likely to appeal to kids as well as grown ups.

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is a very polished puzzler that is also very enjoyable.

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm trying the lite version... Any plans to add user profiles, so different people can play the same app on the same device? Or is that already in the full version?

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This earned my purchase, the glowing praise from some of TA's finest doesn't hurt. Thank you for understanding the business from your client's perspective. I hope some other developers read this.

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Not a whole lot to add to what's been said already, except that I agree. One of the most polished Match-3s in the app store. Minimum price. Universal. Lite version. No IAP. Who needs impressions?

@George: will almost certainly pick up whatever you release next sight unseen, as I currently feel like I owe you about four bucks. As well as a debt of gratitude for steering the app store in the right direction.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This topic right here is some beautiful stuff. *smiles*

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Reminds me of Heroes of Kalevala, and that's one of the biggest compliments I can give. Polished shinier that Telly Savalas' dome. The Kitteh oozes with moxie. Kudos to the developer.