Universal Kingturn RPG - (by Mangobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 11, 2013.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Wad does minimum spawn at the option setting means ?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #42 undeadcow, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    Also consider weakening enemies but not killing them until it's necessary, using a squad overpower them one by one and whittle their health down to where you can one hit kill them when needed (so they are in play and not replaced by new units but at your mercy). However, game design limits that somewhat. Use your units to box them in and contain foes when possible (especially if you can surround their base it will limit mobility and therefore spawns. Consider sending out one/two units to lure the enemy into attack or divide them while another party circles around to attempt to claim the enemy base from a divided defense. Vary your physical versus ranged team make-up (sometimes it works to send in one or two tanks to hold down enemies while archers/mages pepper from a distance) and try different character classes. At one point (probably not this early) the paladin has an effective special attack against undead. I find the Summoner effective at calling a disposable (but potentially instrumental) eagle unit behind enemy lines to distract villians. Magic casters with the "Change Position" ability also seem helpful to break up or bypass enemy defenses to get a foot in the door. To capture an enemy base you need two units (one to kill a foe protecting base and another to stand on base) so some of your units can be expendable and used for suicidal maneuvers. Kingturn can be challenging so you might have to replay a scenario to try different tactics. If all else fails you can change the difficulty or enemy respawn rate in the options from camp.

I don't remember lvl2 clearly to give specific hints but if you need use spoiler tag and reply with brief plot info and maybe I can be more specific. Some missions, I think, there are specific strategies that might be more effective.

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Minimum Spawn options allows you to alter the probability enemies will be replaced by new ones from the base after death. It's another more precise options players can use to adjust difficulty. From Mangobile's webpage:
    FAQ Link: http://www.mangobile.com/Mangobile/KingturnFAQ.html

4. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Anyone else having trouble buying the full version? I click on the button, it says it is connecting to the store for a couple of seconds, but nothing happens. I don't get the in app purchase confirmation or anything.

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have no problems purchasing the full game unlock in-app purchase here. Usually the password entry should pop up after a few seconds and sometimes there's more of a lag with that but I've never had it no access App Store. Maybe try again and leave it for a few minutes to see what happens (?).

6. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mangobile. Designer & Developer
    Germany
    That's weird. I've double checked the in-app purchase today and it seems to be working fine.
    A few seconds after the 'Connecting to store ...' message the standard Apple dialog for inapp-purchases should pop up.

Did you try the in-app purchase of any other app / game lately?
    Maybe there is an issue in general for you right now (network connection, different account)?

Edited Note: Just in case ... we are checking the in-app purchase thoroughly again, and see whether we can find a reason why it might not work under some circumstances.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Didn't this dev pull some of his other apps (swords&earrings) from the appstore?

8. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    #48 niebau, Apr 12, 2013
    This dev did, and he put it back on store once he realized that there are a few people still interested in Sw&Ear and Knighturn :).

Edited Note: Against my better judgement I have reactivated the Lite versions of Sw&Ear and Knighturn again (might take a few hours until they are available for download).
    I don't want to mislead anyone who likes Kingturn into the assumption that Sw&Ear and Knighturn might have the same quality as Kingturn and buy our older titles right away.

9. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    GUI improvement request

Niebau, I got a request to improve the interface a bit:
    Currently, when I want to see a character's details during a battle, I need to select the character, then go to menu, then to info.

Can you change that to:
    Show the character info when you tap on the infobox in the bottomleft corner (where it shows stats of the selected character). This would be much more streamlined; and I came up with that because I tried this by instinct a few times (hey, this is a touchscreen :p ) and was a bit disappointed when it did not work.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Played the first map (with the wolves) last night. Gotta love a game that puts up a fight from the first moment.

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #51 undeadcow, Apr 12, 2013
    When you click on a character it displays their statistics at the bottom of the screen during battle. See the text in the black area below the action in the screenshot below (attack, move, HP, MP, etc)? Is that what you're referring to?
    [​IMG]

Edit: I see the info at bottom is missing their skills listed, equiptment worn, etc accessibly only through menu.
    If your concern is about abandoned product, I wouldn't call a developer like Niebau unresponsive. Mangobile totally revised their engine to make drastic improvements so the older apps did not reflect the current quality of their products. I was disappointed when they got pulled but understand the reason being. Both Knighturn and Sword&Earrings are back on the App Store for now but hopefully they will eventually be replaced with Kingturn Plus and Kingturn Underworld incorporating the improvements made with the new engine and new content.

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Finally managed to beat the cave map after about a half dozen tries. Still not sure what I did right, but somehow managed to get a warrior on the enemy's spawn point and that made quick work of them. Finding the default difficulty quite brutal at the moment, but also realise I've a lot of subtleties to grasp. The battles can really start to feel protracted when there is constant respawning from both sides.

13. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    The idea is a good one, but there are a few (technical) problems involved.
    You might have noticed already that you can start an attack with a second character even before the first character has finished his action (e.g. attack animation). We've introduced this pseudo parallel concept in Kingturn in order to increase the pace of the combat (if the player wants to).

Now the problem is that the player would quite likely expect your suggested feature to work all the time (tapping on the info box while a character is selected will pop up the corresponding character sheet). At the moment we cannot allow a pop up window to interfere with ongoing actions on the battlefield, though (that would screw up our action event queue at the moment).

But I will see whether we can find a solution for this problem.

14. dancingcat

dancingcat Active Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Singapore
    cleared the skeleton cave. The paladin lady is prettttyy strong! Got her to tank/trap the elite skeleton and go 1v1

15. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Nope :p
    Like I wrote, I was referring to the "big" screen with all the details (i.e the 3 tabs on the left for Stats, Inventory, Skills). Allowing to tap on the left corner (where name, HP/SP, xp are in your screenshot) to bring up that "full" screen would be a nice addition.
    Or add another button below that, to the left of the "minus glass" . Icon could be a spyglass, for example.

16. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Like me ! I've got Knighturn lined up for when I'm done with Kingturn (in several months probably !) with gameplay of this quality it is a no brainer !

17. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Tried it a few more times with no luck. I powered down my iPhone and closed the app, and then it worked. Even though I am still finishing knighturn I wanted this game to get some good momentum out of the gate. Then we can get the updated swords and earrings? By the way, I agree that Kingturn Plus doesn't sound like a separate game. I like the Kingturn Anadaria name myself.

18. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    I would say the scenario in the cave is the most difficult one of the Prologue.
    Did you have your Paladin already?
    This scenario is much easier with her.

19. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #59 bigred447uk, Apr 12, 2013
    My girlfriend just posted Kingturn a 5 star review on the UK AppStore. She hasn't played a video game since Advance Wars on her DS many moons ago. She is addicted to this though which is awesome because it means I get to play more without being nagged at !

20. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    What's unlocked with the purchase?