Universal KingsRoad (by Rumble Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 19, 2014.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I couldn't say it better. Every time I try to buy gems, it crashes (it allowed me to purchase the first time, but never again). Both times I have completed "One time only" purchases, it crashes (I only hope my iTunes account won't get charged). I have cleared all background apps, restarted my iPad 3, and still it crashes.

The game is very nice, when it runs, but the crashes make it unplayable.

2. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I don't know how it is later in playing but so far it's pretty neat. I'm hoping it isn't just forest paths forever, that'd get old fast. I haven't had any crashes at all, ipad 4. But I also haven't tried to spend real life money on anything.

3. bbretterson

bbretterson Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Senior Communications Manager, Rumble Entertainmen
    San Francisco, CA
    To update you guys on some of the crashes:

We've got fixes for a number of crashes players have been experiencing (including the one when you come back to town after completing a map). We'll submit these fixes along with other updates as soon as iTunes Connect opens up again after the holidays.

4. bbretterson

bbretterson Member

Mar 24, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm very sorry about that. You should only be charged for the one-time only deals, since they're only available once per player, but if you're concerned please contact Rumble Support and they can check your account for you. Here's the support link: https://support.rumblegames.com/home

5. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Yeah I've started hitting the crashes now. I've gone thru quite a few quests and so far it's all linear forest paths. Does it ever do other things like dungeons or randomly generated content? The lack of variety early on makes it feel a bit like a platformer. Didn't know if that changed as you progressed.

6. Lilyx

Lilyx Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Right now, I'm really loving this game!

It does crash a lot for me, but at least I'm always able to continue where I left off. I see up-thread the crashing has been addressed; just wanted to say I'm playing on a first-gen iPad mini running iOS 7.1.2 with no plans to update to iOS 8 as of yet.

One thing I'd like to see is skins for the female characters. I also wish their armour looked better, for example with the males you can clearly see what colour their tops are etc.; female armour just looks the same no matter what (so I run a guy, lol it's ok for now and he's obviously the better choice with more options at the moment).

7. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Well I just did 2 or 3 quests, raised a level, advanced some jewels, socketed them, and lost it all. On my last quest I beat the boss and looted everything. While opening a special it just hung up forever. So I killed the app and restarted.

When I logged back on it gave me a message saying I was logged in elsewhere and that it logged me off. I showed up in town with everything gone :(. It almost seemed like a rollback except I was missing more than just what I had earned this session. Probably because I had done so much advancing on the jewels.

That's a lot of progress gone to a bug. Don't think I have it in me to play while it's like that.

8. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I gave it another shot and it's going well. Since I hung up while trying to open a reward lockbox I've started waiting to open them until I go back to town. So far so good.

9. PRAETORRIDUS ANIMUS

PRAETORRIDUS ANIMUS Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Awesome game!!! This is better than that Vain Glory garbage.

10. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I'll say this, despite some bugs it's still very enjoyable. And it gets more intricate the further along you play. I haven't felt the need to spend any real life money on it either. The match making system looks interesting too.

11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    ######funny shit

12. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Cool game, just waiting for iap to hault my progression as is the case with all freemium games.

13. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Game deletes your progress now when it crashes. Clearly these developers are completely incompetent. I smell a class action lawsuit brewing.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Over a game? Lol wow.

15. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Over money.

You'll understand when you move out of your parents' basement.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Haha actually I have a family of my own and a full time job. I just find you smelling a lawsuit over a game hilarious! Get a life.

17. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    This smells like a iap hell.. The constant offers to buy this or that. All the slot machine mechanics. Deleted

18. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    You're not wrong. But what's worse is the constant crashing. I swear there's a daily crash quota.

I think everyone has been exposed to enough "freemium" games to know what to expect. I don't even mind throwing some cash out for a game I like. Not so long ago, games used to cost $80. And they didn't have half the features they do now. Think about how much Diablo 2 and its expansion used to cost.

But like any other form of merchandise, it has to work. I'm not fond of being scammed.

19. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Doesn't crash for me, but every once in a while it lags like crazy like some glitchy MMO. iPad 3 and a solid internet and WiFi, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

20. bbretterson

bbretterson Member

Mar 24, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    Really sorry for that bug! Our next game update (which should go live next week) will address many of the crash bugs that players like you have been seeing.

In the meantime, please submit a ticket to our Support team if you'd like help with your lost items: https://support.rumblegames.com