Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    This is a pretty cool game, however I can't currently recommend it for iPod 4. This is because it crashes constantly, and as the game does not save regularly, this becomes a huge issue. Does anyone know if a fix is coming?

2. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Encountered a game-breaking bug. I had just beaten the king on normal then the game crashed soon after the game's achievement text appeared. I could then no longer load any saves (I had two) and finishing team creation would also make the game crash without getting saved. I tried restarting, airplane mode, and logging out of GC, but still no go. I deleted one of my saves and I could finally make new teams again. My finished Normal mode save still crashes though. Oddly enough, There aren't any new crash logs appearing. iPad 2 iOS 7.x

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I can attest and concur with TA game of the week choice. Oceanhorn is a great game, but how TA was promoting it and the response has been so positive. Kings League is another gem in the rough so to speak. It has this addicting quality that keeps you glued to it and gives the sense of "just a little longer", IMHO, this is rare these days, especially in iOS games. The description TA gives states it.

I am very fortunate and thankful I received a code, I did purchase Nightshade to support the Devs, in all honesty, I would have bought this, in am really not into time management games, could be that I am ADHD, lol, but this game has got me hooked! Looking for ward to future updates and I will support the Devs, this game just got me hooked. I own and bought over 3,000+ games and this is one of the very few that I constantly enjoy.

4. Thanks to everyone for the kind words again, we're still kind of in shock of the GOTW. Suffice to say, we did not see it coming and it was definitely a very awesome susprise. :)

@Timobrow - Unfortunately we don't recommend iPod 4 as it's only borderline playable due to the memory restrictions. If you choose to get a refund, please let us know if you're unable to do so and we'll try to find a good solution.

@Echoen - We've putting this high on our list to investigate, this is the first case of such a bug that we've heard. :( Can you tell us how long you've been playing continously when you beat the King and then crashed?

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Sent a PM@Gamenuats :)

Any plans for iCloud or something similar?

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This may be enough to dissuade me from buying until a fix is in place. Too bad...was really looking forward to playing it.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #167 ste86uk, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    So are there plans for updates or online content? That'll make me buy it because I do still like the sound of it

Just thought I'd edit and say congrats on GOTW

8. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    I am a PvP player and for life of me i can't find a way to fight other human beings armies...

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks!

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I am wary of gamenaughts and this game just looks like it will drop to free to play in a few weeks from what I've seen! Is this the case or are my thoughts incorrect.

Help me here dudes, iv spent way too much on apps the last few weeks and I will be raged if I buy this also and it's crap or it just goes f2p!!!

10. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    #170 TrencH, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    This going to sound silly but how do I even find the premium buyable? I found it once and bought the rogue but now I want the archer and can't find the store for the life of me... To make it worse things are still moving and popping up in the game that interrupts my search.

Can some one help out with this?

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Just got to click on the gold castle on map. Brain fart solved...

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Any game can go freemium if its developer wishes, so how can those developers' customers help you?

It is currently not freemium, so if you have 500+MB of space, you can install King's League: Odyssey and never update it, then your copy of that game will never be freemium...

12. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'm amazed this hasn't crashed on my iphone 5. I played hard mode through and through without any hiccups. I've got to retire my ipad 2 :|

13. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Just spent all morning playing this. Brilliant game. A little short even on hard mode but here's hoping they add more content! Wouldn't mind paying for more campaigns. Etc. Good stuff devs!!!

14. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Just beat this on normal and then got all the acheivment a except some recruitment ones. Thanks for taking up my whole day............................... Oh, great addicting as hell game!

15. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Loving this game. No issues at all until I qualified for Kings League. Then nothing but crashes. Can't start any battle. iPhone 4S

16. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    No crashes for me.

17. chocomarshmello

chocomarshmello New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    #177 chocomarshmello, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    are you guys out of promo codes? would love to have one if there's any left! haven't seen this much excitement about a game since Pen and Paper.

18. HansSatori

HansSatori Active Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Amazing game.. went to bed and decided to play some ipad games before i went to dream land.. poof it was morning and i had beaten the game.. ;o

Now for insane mode :)

[​IMG]

19. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Nobody answered my question so asking again:

I am a PvP player and for life of me i can't find a way to fight other human beings armies...

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks!

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    It's single player only, although I for one, think it would make a great multi player game at some point and really hope they look into it for future updates