Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Wow. Unbelievable. No good deed goes unpunished, right? :rolleyes:

DBC

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Nothing like asking for an answer, getting it, not liking it, then going ahead and asking again!

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    My rant is over...

Surprisingly deep gameplay, lots to do... Almost overwhelming trying to keep everything going.

Lots of perks for conquering different things, similar type gameplay on most missions but the balance of strategy doesn't take away from that.

I think this could be a great multiplayer type game as well if that is ever in the future...

I'm trying on normal now and can't wait to go for the insane ;)

4. VentureSix

VentureSix New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Southern California
    Are saved games between devices supported?

5. rowe33

rowe33 Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Is there any type of pause function that lets you decide what to do without the endless parade of days flying by? Even at 1x, I'd like a few seconds to decide what to do without having to worry about losing time.

Thanks!

6. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Great game! game of the week for me.
    one of those games that could so easily be ruined by IAP if gameloft or chillingo had it.

7. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    i think that would destroy the time management aspect a bit :)

8. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    It says 177mb on the App Store yet it's currently taking up 559mb on my phone before I've even opened the app?!?

9. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Not my type, probably I am not the one amongst a million players, those like the game.

Depth, kinda. What you do is, train solduets, give perks and let them dstroy...

10. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Which adds more damage to ranged attacks -- strength or agility?

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Are you seriously just now learning about the difference between download size and install size? It's the same with 99% of games on the appstore, only a few have the same download and install size.

12. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Overall, I love this game, but there are 2 nuisances that, from my perspective, break the enjoyability factor of this game for me. It's probably due to my lack of research however.

#1 (Most important)

Why does the game only save after you beat a league? I thought my game was broken at first when I exited my first session half-way through, only to find that I had lost some progress when starting the game up again? What the hell? If this is because the core-concept of the game is time-management, and each league represents one day of service, I'm incredibly dissapointed. Such a game should not use that particular concept because the way actual gameplay was fleshed out, ruins the experience for some players, such as me.

It's my fault for interpreting how the game would work incorrectly, but, I feel like this game would've felt like a better experience overall if it was a turn-based time-management game. I have no idea whether that phrase itself is a contradiction, but, you could easily substitute in a limited amount of actions, with no option to undo your action to realistically imitate time passing by.

----

Just my 2 cents. I got the 2 premium warriors and 1 archer for support, and I don't regret it, but I'm only suddenly realizing now that this game was not what I was expecting, in a slightly sad way.

13. @Ruzu, many thanks for playing our game and especially with your support of the purchase of the premium characters. :)

About your concerns/questions:

1. The game will auto-save at the beginning of each new month. This is due to a number of different factors and is also the same with the original Flash version. However, we do hear your issue about this and we'll discuss with the team if there's any way we can tweak it.

2. The real-time-management gameplay is at the heart of the game and for us, it's what makes the game unique. It's the invisible hand that keeps tugging at you to keep going and see what lies in the next day/week/month.

But we totally get what you mean, the game is actually not that easy to describe. And we see that once people actually play it, they'll discover that the game can be quite different from what they'd thought it was (in a good way!):

http://toucharcade.com/2013/11/13/ta-plays-first-look-kings-league-odyssey-a-knights-management-game/

Please keep the feedback coming, we're always glad to keep improving the game for future updates. :)

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I feel the need to say something.

Since this thread has become a mess, I think some forum rules should be changed.

It should be against the rules for a developer to give out promo codes in the manner this developer did. Whoever asked for one was getting them via PM. This encouraged everyone to ask for their own promo code and totally derailed this thread. This should be a rule to preserve the integrity of the forums and to protect the developer themselves from there own thread turning into a gimme thread.

If the developer wants to give out promo-codes, it should be in the Promo Code Section of the forums OR they could put the available codes on their post (you snooze you lose).

I just purchased this game and I will have impressions in a bit. :)

15. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    No need for sarcasm,most apps only double in size on install,this is clearly far more than that.

16. @ScotDamn - thanks for letting us know and after having to respond to lots of PM requests, we definitely agree.

It certainly wasn't our intention to clutter the thread, we much prefer players discussing the game and its various strategies, etc. :)

17. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Hello everyone. I'm the iPod 4 guy, and throughout the last 24 hours I've received a lot of critisism for being unfair. I wasn't on the same page, but I see from your perspectives how it may seem that way. Anyway time to review. This game is great just like on flash, and noting it was developed by gamenauts for IOS, I can see it will have tons of future updates possibly seasonable ones? I'd love that. This is a grinding kind of game, with tons of side quests, and I don't know about you, but I will want to play until I have unlocked every class, and still possibly after that. I'm playing on iPod 4, and it isn't actually working that bad after I turned it off for 3 hours. It crashes when recruiting and sometimes before battles, but knowin it was developed by gamenauts, I can be assured that will be fixed. great game I was so exited when I saw this, and sorry for seeming like a jurk. Definitely worth the buy (I didn't use the promo code, didn't notice I had it at the time.) buy this and I'm exited for future updates and bug fixes!

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    So you are aware. That makes your previous post seem pretty pointless since you were asking why the difference in size and now you say you knew why there was a difference in size.

19. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Fun game while it lasts - admittedly, it's just a few hours, even on the highest difficulty. I really wish there was more content, because this game could easily make my top 10 iOS games list.

Also, I don't really feel that the appearance rate of unique units is fair. I had the option to get the lancer for 5,750 coins (or somewhere around there), but I hadn't even broken the 1k coin milestone yet. Additionally, one showed up for 5,000 at the very start of the game, and then never again...lastly, I had to pick between two, and I never saw the other one again. A little maddening because of the presence of an in-game rank system tied to achievements (and each unique recruit has their own achievement). It's not a big detriment rewards-wise, but I'm a completionist, so...

Anyway, $2 is a good price, and I'll probably pick up an IAP later to support the devs more. But I really, really want to see more content.

20. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    So how exactly do they justify one character costing more than the whole game?? Ugh I hate it when games do that.