Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Spent some time with this game and so far I can say it's definitely worth $1.99. The game is very polished and Is a kot of fun. I see this staying on my iphone for a long time just like Ninja Fishing!

2. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Could someone please kindly confirm whether this will run on the ipad 2, or whether it's better to play on the 4S? I can appreciate that neither device is optimal.. but.. this does look like a very interesting game!

3. @icoker - The premium characters are really optional and are not required in beating the game, similar to the premium Capcom characters in Combo Crew.

They have great stats yes, but they all still start at level 1, so you'd still need to play the game properly.

You can still beat even the Insane Mode without purchasing any premium characters.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #64 L.Lawliet, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I don't mean to pry but are there any promo codes left? I've honestly never tried anything from this company but if all goes well (like what I see here), I'll be buying your other work + premium characters. The forum seems to think highly of this company which is great!

Btw... the art is.. amazing! :D

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I got one of the premium characters. It starts at level 1 like he said and it does have great stats because the're fully upgraded (upgrades grant percent bonuses) but they still die relatively easy, especially on insane. They look pretty cool too. I think the unique characters you can recruit from normal play will eventually catch up in stats when fully upgraded.

6. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Your not supposed to ask for promo codes. (Forum rules)

7. #67 Gamenauts, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I do apologize but if you read the first few+ pages of the thread everyone was doing it and no one complained so... you're the first.

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I managed to obtain a code and I am loving the game! I am not much of a "time management" game, but this game is totally addicting, lol. It's not so much a time management game, however, to level up and train your characters does entail managing your time, lol.

Battles are automatic, based on missions that are available. You gain attributes and gold for winning and the money can be applied to recruit characters. The timers are based on available league challenges, but you have an option to "speed up" the process in the options section.

Later in the game villages are available to conquer, in doing so, expands your territory.

The game is very well polished and the cut scenes are remarkable. Highly recommended for the price. I purchased a premium character to give back to the Devs for the code, I must say Nightshade, ROCKS! Ala Wolverine with double claws!

I cannot praise this game enough, a great hit with all the big name games releasing tonight. Don't pause, smash the "buy" button now, you will not be disappointed.

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    is there any gameplay videos of this? as it looks good.

11. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    nevermind im playing the flash version and liking it so I might buy this but is this a long game with depth? also is it single or online? Like am I fighting humans or cpus? i hope it's single

12. sugimulm

So far its single player.

13. RebelBC

RebelBC Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Any more promo codes for the game ? Thanks in advance.

14. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Its against the forum rules to ask for PMs.

15. sugimulm

Just buy it, totally worth the price. :D

16. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Any chance of a promo code? Will put a review on my FB. Have hundreds of folks who play games with me on iPad:) could net you some good promo.

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Just beat normal mode, this little game is so fun. I can't believe there's no online multiplayer team vs team. Seems a no brainer to add a que and have teams battle it out.

18. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Love the game! Finished the main campaign and leveled up most characters to Max.
    One question: is there a way to acquire characters like Dragoon and Obsidian through normal gameplay? Or are they only available through IAP. It would be disappointing if it is the case. those characters are awesome and having paid for the game I am not too keen on spending any more real money.

19. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Wow, never heard of the game, but seeing the pics and reading the def, it really ticks everything I like. It's funny that among all of the new high quality releases like Oceanhorn and Lone Wolf, this "unknown" (for me at least) game will be the first I buy. :)

20. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It's hard to find a good time/resource management game that's balanced without IAP (unless it's by Kairosoft) but this little gem pulls it off. Played for 2 hours straight, my only complaint is that I did experience a couple of crashes after about an hour in using an iPhone 5 running IOS 7. Other then that, well worth the 2 bucks.

This is the type of game the developer's could have EASILY saddled with a freemium pay model, I have to give them credit for not taking the easy money and instead, making a quality gaming experience.